NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a tendency to break into women's dorm rooms, as well.. ... not into the mens dorm, take note, because that might be painful, ..... His excuse was, it was by accident. Gimme a break. Everyone knows the diff between a womens dorm room and a mens.... He thought he could get away with it. ..
Wait a sec, wasn't part of the charge stealing? So he really meant to steal from someone else, just got caught stealing from wrong person?

He had a tendency to break into women's dorm rooms, as well.. ... not into the mens dorm, take note, because that might be painful, ..... His excuse was, it was by accident. Gimme a break. Everyone knows the diff between a womens dorm room and a mens.... He thought he could get away with it. ..
Were the two males who restrained CG also breaking and entering into the room?
JMO

Gregor reportedly punched two male students and elbowed them in the face when they tried to stop the fleeing suspect, police said.

I just ignore nonsense, mainly. Chris Watts was another good ole boy who was deep into retaliatory filicide. He had a lot of options, he could have moved to Alaska, with Nikole, she was not the catalyst, she was supposed to be his rescuer, but no one could rescue Watts from his own murderous thoughts. Kill 'em all.

Like Gregor. In Tennessee, Chris told the coppers, ' I should never have come back from Baltimore, I should never have gone for custody'.. Insight after the catastrophe. Not very useful, but often very ordinary.

Gregor , I believe, wanted Breanna held and indicted for Corey's murder, two for one. He wanted out from it all. Kid, mum and dad, NJ, ex , ,the whole thing.

I have thought that Mario has looked quite ill since that ridiculous idiotic phone call Gregor made to Mama that the jail recorded, naturally, and passed on the transcript to the prosecutors, again, naturally.

It was a whole other Mario that had to explain and deflect his own client's son's actions to the judge. A deeply embarrassed and furious Mario, handed a real shocker, having to negotiate and re negotiate some sort of self induced punishment and a workable solution to a horrible situation for a defence attorney.

Mario sweating it out was a very unpleasant sight. He had to make a sacrifice and load off Mama from the witness stand, although, Mama would have been under the same restraints as Grandpa Gregor, still, she might have had some impact. I would not have bought a letterbox off her, but juries are juries..

Last edited:
Yes. Any way you slice it, it seems the Gregor family are given the chance to save face. THE LEAD INVESTIGATOR IN THIS CASE ISN'T BEING CALLED TO THE STAND. WHY?

Needing to delve further into his ENTIRE TEXT AND CELL HISTORY would help this jury but instead... they're seeing random snippets! Which make no sense unless you really understand what's happening here.

YES! Mario made that mumbling tirade about deciding not to call Mitchell. It was a stressful day for Mario that day, you could tell. He was irritated at someone.

I found it.
1:36:30 timestamp from Day 8 video from Law & Crime.

"During the break I had the opportunity to discuss uh, we were going to call Detective Mitchell who you know is the lead investigator in this case, I had my client, WHATEVER....... Anyway, we had discussions with Mr Gregor about whether we should or should not call him, in the conversation with me and Ms Farante, um, and then I discussed what I was going to talk to Detective Mitchell about with Detective Mitchell and after that we decided we're not gonna call him as a witness. We're done for the day. "
Reason might be that Mitchell under oath might have to admit who he shared information with.

Reason might be that Mitchell under oath might have to admit who he shared information with.
The ME who did the autopsy also has not testified. It's up to the Prosecution to prove guilt and so far, I've seen no proof.

JMO

Yes. Any way you slice it, it seems the Gregor family are given the chance to save face. THE LEAD INVESTIGATOR IN THIS CASE ISN'T BEING CALLED TO THE STAND. WHY?

Needing to delve further into his ENTIRE TEXT AND CELL HISTORY would help this jury but instead... they're seeing random snippets! Which make no sense unless you really understand what's happening here.

YES! Mario made that mumbling tirade about deciding not to call Mitchell. It was a stressful day for Mario that day, you could tell. He was irritated at someone.

I found it.
1:36:30 timestamp from Day 8 video from Law & Crime.

"During the break I had the opportunity to discuss uh, we were going to call Detective Mitchell who you know is the lead investigator in this case, I had my client, WHATEVER....... Anyway, we had discussions with Mr Gregor about whether we should or should not call him, in the conversation with me and Ms Farante, um, and then I discussed what I was going to talk to Detective Mitchell about with Detective Mitchell and after that we decided we're not gonna call him as a witness. We're done for the day. "
The Defense doesn't need to call him to the stand because they don't need his testimony. The officers who did testify about their findings of no abuse when they did the home visit after teachers noted the bruising from the treadmill incident I think convinced the jury the treadmill incident was not a factor in the child's death two weeks later.

Plus, the prosecution's forensic pathologist testified CM's fatal internal injuries were inflicted 4 to 12 hours before his death shortly after 5 PM. The child's mother had him that morning from 5 to 9 AM which was well within that window.

JMO

I guess we didn't learn what the stolen object was. Cg does seem like that guy in Ca. Who was caught sexually assaulting a girl who was passed out. Near the romantic dumpsters iirc. Brock something? Didn't he get a super lenient sentence? Iirc 6 months Cg reminds me of the same sense of entitlement, do they call it the affluenza defense in Texas? That's basically the aura around Gregor & parents here. Why should THEY have to answer for anything.
Yes, something about that incident does not pass the smell test. Mistake a "party" in a dorm room? Must have been all the music and yelling coming out of that one room?? Was there a sign on the bedroom door? ENTER PARTY HERE. Makes no sense to me. Knock on door at least.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Many accredited universities offer online degree programs. CG went on to receive his Master Degree from the prestigious Johns Hopkins University.

JMO

He would later earn his master’s in secondary education and teaching from Johns Hopkins University School of Education, per LinkedIn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re watching poor Mario cross examining Dr Feingold, anyone can see that he is in some sort of fugue, some state of hardly repressed rage, . not so much at Feingold, but at the situation he is in. He is sweating, he can barely manage to get simple words out, he seems to forget what he asks, then tries to rephrase it, losing the main thrust ... It is a very uncomfortable session for Mario, he cannot seem to get a grip of himself, or his brief. Not a man at his best.

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>
Well..he has to also be tried for 'child endangerment'' because of the treadmill vid clip. ..That, he cannot avoid, and god alone knows how he will explain it. The only way to make it acceptable, from his point of view, is to show us how he leaps on a moving treadmill and runs. That is all he can do.. He can do it, so can his son do it.... Some sharp witted poster said they'd pay to see that, and I echo that sentiment.

I don't know how he , Chris, <modsnip> is going to argue that it is not child endangerment. That is what I would be happy to pay to see, <modsnip> actually trying to put that across .

Well..he has to also be tried for 'child endangerment'' because of the treadmill vid clip. ..That, he cannot avoid, and god alone knows how he will explain it. The only way to make it acceptable, from his point of view, is to show us how he leaps on a moving treadmill and runs. That is all he can do.. He can do it, so can his son do it.... Some sharp witted poster said they'd pay to see that, and I echo that sentiment.

I don't know how he , Chris, <modsnip> is going to argue that it is not child endangerment. That is what I would be happy to pay to see, <modsnip> actually trying to put that across .
Is that a different trial for endangerment? I know it seems pathetic, I didn't know that.

Is that a different trial for endangerment?
It is a separate charge, so that's what I assumed, perhaps they are bundled together? I am sure some expert will show up and correct this !!:cool:

It is a separate charge, so that's what I assumed, perhaps they are bundled together? I am sure some expert will show up and correct this !!
I'm not correcting you, it just never occurred to me. I guess I assumed the jury had a laundry list of options, like several types of murder or manslaughter or "just" endangerment.

I'm not correcting you, it just never occurred to me. I guess I assumed the jury had a laundry list of options, like several types of murder or manslaughter or "just" endangerment.
Gosh, I did not read it like that!!... That is one hell of a downgrade, murder to child endangerment. I understand the jury can consider manslaughter, re the murder charge... :eek: I have been known to get things wrong sometimes!!.. we will find out ,for sure.

Re watching poor Mario cross examining Dr Feingold, anyone can see that he is in some sort of fugue, some state of hardly repressed rage, . not so much at Feingold, but at the situation he is in. He is sweating, he can barely manage to get simple words out, he seems to forget what he asks, then tries to rephrase it, losing it's main thrust ... It is a very uncomfortable session for Mario, he cannot seem to get a grip of himself, or his brief. Not a man at his best.
I loved the cross-exam of Dr. Feingold! Especially when she was forced to admit she has never done an autopsy after medical school in 1979. She very helpfully mentioned that none of the three medical centers that had examined CM earlier that evening found any evidence of blunt force trauma.

To me, that is evidence the blunt force trauma was inflicted AFTER BM and Corey visited those three medical centers. That 5 AM to 9 AM time frame she still had CM should be sufficient for the jury to form reasonable doubt. That and the fact that the Prosecution failed to have the ME, Dr. Ragasa testify.

JMO

The doctors in their reports described hearing no wheezing associated with pneumonia or anything abnormal while listening to the boy's chest, she said. In addition, blood work done at Jersey Shore showed his white blood cell count was normal, another sign of absence of infection, she said.
Blood work done on Corey at Southern Ocean Medical Center the following day, however, showed the child's white blood cell count and glucose level were both "markedly elevated,'' Feingold said...

...The surge in epinephrine "can happen with infection''...

Still being cross-examined by Gallucci, Feingold testified that the autopsy report and death certificate for Corey, both prepared for the state by Dr. Dante Ragasa of the medical examiner's office, were changed almost a year after the boy's death, amending the manner of death from undetermined to homicide.

The state has not called Ragasa to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isenhartba