NM - 10-month old baby ET safe after 5yo child injured, mother and friend murdered, suspect in maroon Honda, Clovis, 3 May 2024 *suspect in custody*

God only knows what he did to them, the details of the scene don’t fully tell the story. Im horrified to think how frightened they all must have been.

I wonder if he really does have a daughter? How long hes been mentally ill and was he under some sort of treatment? How long was he committed back in October?

I was able to find him in a civil record in Fort Bend County. He does have siblings and parents.

Yes, I agree I want to know did he have a daughter who was kidnapped?
Does he have or ever had a daughter or is he delusional?

Starting to think maybe women should wear GoPro video cameras on themselves when they leave the house. :(

Nope. Men should be required to wear them, and fines, with prison if they don't. 99% of rapes are committed by men. 99% of home invasions. 80% of robbery, theft, murder.

Why should women have to wear cameras? For shopping with kids, going out to eat, and visiting a park?

Edit, I realize you didn't mean, mandatory...but really?! Why aren't women safe?

Nope. Men should be required to wear them, and fines, with prison if they don't. 99% of rapes are committed by men. 99% of home invasions. 80% of robbery, theft, murder.

Why should women have to wear cameras? For shopping with kids, going out to eat, and visiting a park?
...except the majority of men aren't actually going to do anything like that in their lifetimes. Should women wear Go Pros in the hopes it prevents more single mothers from abusing and/or neglecting their kids?

Monsters are monsters.

Yes, I agree I want to know did he have a daughter who was kidnapped?
Does he have or ever had a daughter or is he delusional?
These questions are really swimming in my head too....
If he has been crazy... his family might speak out. Sometimes they do when they think they can persuade people that HE didn't do these things, his personal devil did.

Edit, I realize you didn't mean, mandatory...but really?! Why aren't women safe?

I didn't say mandatory, just a suggestion for women's safety a few of my friends wear one when they jog alone.
Yes, men wearing cameras are even better but they won't esp if they want to get away with crimes.

It seems all too specific and premeditated to be entirely random. How/why did he pick Clovis? It seems like a small town, 38k people?

Clovis is a city in and the county seat of Curry County, New Mexico.[4] The city had a population of 37,775 as of the 2010 census, and a 2020 census population of 38,567.[5]
Ha! I had to Google Clovis, too. And I Google Mapped the distance between Clovis and Abilene; it's 266 miles and at least a four-hour drive. We don't even know why he was in Abilene, because he's from the Houston area, which is even farther away. (His booking info shows an address in Houston.) So he was 622 miles and nine hours and 44 minutes away from home. Why?
http://publicaccess.taylorcountytexas.org/PublicAccess/JailingDetail.aspx?JailingID=10366560

Have we been able to locate any sort of court records that indicate he has a child? This article states he is from Manvel, TX so I searched Brazoria County and came up with nothing for family court records.

MAY 7, 2024
District Attorney Quentin Ray said Tuesday it’s not clear whether Collins ever had a missing daughter.

His mental health and criminal history were being reviewed by investigators on Tuesday.

MAY 8, 2024
During the investigation, police learned Collins called the FBI's Nation Threat Operations Center in October 2023. He said if the FBI did not help him find his daughter, he was going to "murder a bunch of children."

Collins said when he called the FBI a few days earlier, he was told a case would be generated. Instead, local police were sent to his house and they took him to a mental health facility.

So, it appears the robbery was a Cadillac...wow. And then he rammed a police car! This guy doesn't know when to quit. MOO

MAY 8, 2024
[...]

GPS showed the car was at 818 Harwell Street in Abilene, Texas. The owner had disabled the starter just after midnight on Saturday.

Police set up surveillance on the home.

According to court documents, Collins was seen pushing the maroon Honda out of the garage and into the street.

A source told KVII Collins then requested an Uber. He got in the black Cadillac with Torres and forced the driver out at gunpoint.

Abilene police stopped the car after he rammed one of their patrol vehicles.

[...]

Perp is unknown to the victims, but they were able to find him 4 hours away very quickly? Something isn't adding up here.
I'm sure this story was running constantly on the media within a couple hundred miles of Clovis, and my guess is that someone who knew him saw him with a baby fitting the description of the baby in the Amber Alert, and turned him in, probably knowing that this could put themselves in great risk.

I know I said that already.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back