NM NM - Albuquerque, WhtFem 25-35, UP2926, blonde, in motel room, Jun'91

I wonder if ID'ing the male in the photo led to the 'Becca' lead. I am really interested in what he had to say about her. I always theorized that they took this trip together and ended up breaking up (like an argument occurred and he abruptly left; spur of the moment 'blindside' break up) and she was very distraught over it. I hope she is ID'd soon!
Honestly, I don't think that guy in the photo even went to ABQ with her.

The thing that I've thought about is the name
"George Martinez " the WAY it's written on the scale. Why write on the scale?
A drug dealer isn't going to write on a scale
"If lost please return to George Martinez at 123 Apple Ave...etc"
It's a female's writing. But why write it on the scale? Then look at the letter "T" , is in the shape of a "dagger-like" CROSS. I think it's a deceased person that she remembers that she loved. A father, friend, person she was attached to that died. There's Numerous George Martinez's that died in New Mexico, California and Texas.
I'd search birth records George Martinez as a father and marriage records for a husband and look for a daughter or wife's name. Cross-reference that with Namus. You might get a hit.

Last edited:
The thing that I've thought about is the name
"George Martinez " the WAY it's written on the scale. Why write on the scale?
A drug dealer isn't going to write on a scale
"If lost please return to George Martinez at 123 Apple Ave...etc"
It's a female's writing. But why write it on the scale? Then look at the letter "T" , is in the shape of a "dagger-like" CROSS. I think it's a deceased person that she remembers that she loved. A father, friend, person she was attached to that died. There's Numerous George Martinez's that died in New Mexico, California and Texas.
I'd search birth records George Martinez as a father and marriage records for a husband and look for a daughter or wife's name. Cross-reference that with Namus. You might get a hit.
Hi and welcome. You seem quite sure it's a woman's writing. Would you be willing to explain? I can't remember everything is written upthread and Namus won't open the file to me. Are we sure this is a (drugs)scale?

Hi and welcome. You seem quite sure it's a woman's writing. Would you be willing to explain? I can't remember everything is written upthread and Namus won't open the file to me. Are we sure this is a (drugs)scale?
Yes, I'm pretty sure it's a female's writing, I've read in forums that it's also suspected to be written in nail polish. Allegedly it's "supposedly" a drug scale.
What I do wonder is how, someone on alcohol and heroin could manage in that bad of condition to manage to grab that strap from her luggage and balance while they hung themselves from the shower head. Both heroin and alcohol are sedatives and neurological depressants. Both drugs intensify that effect. Were there tract marks or needles found? Or was she dead BEFORE she entered the room and the body dumped with the luggage.
The sheets being on the floor makes me wonder. Plus the proximity of the bottles on the table. The ashtray is behind bottles and its access obscured from reach behind the bottles while the cigarettes are in open reach on the table. The placement of the matches is odd in distance to the ashtray. Most people have them close to the ashtray. No ashes on the table and it's quite tidy actually.
Plus if she was going to kill herself WHY would she MEASURE the drugs?
She wouldn't.
No needles, no trace of anything but her, her luggage and her body. I don't think this is a suicide.
The placement and staging of that table is TOO clean.
I believe they should do a hair-follicle analysis to show how long,, she did drugs, (IF she even did at all)
I think this was a murder disguised as a random drug overdose.
The pictures on the table, the scale, the name written on it is TOO perfect. Plus leaving the money in the room would surely make the police think she was alone.
Why carry 2 purses and NO identification?
This is too staged for me.

Another thing is there's a resemblance here if this unknown female. The heights, eye color and age range is so vast and due to the decomposition and composite we can go to the picture left on the table.
She looks familiar. I doubt it is. But she looks like Tara Leigh Calico
Polaroid photo of Tara on right taken in 1987 and facial expression to the photo booth pic found on table in hotel room of the unidentified female. We've all heard of Tara Calico's case
It made nationwide coverage and was on the news and even featured in People magazine.
Tara Leigh Calico went missing in 1988
From Belen, New Mexico.
Only 33 minutes away from where this unidentified female's body was found.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-212443_Gallery-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220812-212443_Gallery-01.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220812-212522_Gallery-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220812-212522_Gallery-01.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 13
MP Penny Peeler (37) was possibly last seen at a truck stop in Albuquerque, NM a year prior to UID discovery. It’s not out of the question that she could have turned to prostitution and/or drugs after her divorce.

Hair color, eye color and height all the same and weight is very close.

I didn‘t see Penny mentioned previously as a possibility. Also, she is not noted as an exclusion.

Anyone have any thoughts or feedback on Penny?

1660957356900.jpeg1660957452930.jpeg

MP Penny Peeler (37) was possibly last seen at a truck stop in Albuquerque, NM a year prior to UID discovery. It’s not out of the question that she could have turned to prostitution and/or drugs after her divorce.

I didn‘t see Penny mentioned previously as a possibility. Also, she is not noted as an exclusion.

View attachment 360603View attachment 360604
Did you submit her through Doe Network yet?
You should.

FWIW I like this find.

This is Penny's Charley file. What a very strange disappearance. Lot's of questions, very vague story. Penny Yvonne Peeler – The Charley Project

Between April 27 and May 11, 1990, Peeler's husband was on a trip with another woman. He stated he last saw Peeler on May 3, either at a bus station in Sacramento, California or at a truck stop in Albuquerque, New Mexico. <?????> She has never been heard from again. Peeler's mother believes her daughter may have been murdered. Few details are available in her case.

IMO Penny's eyes and brows look a lot like Jane Doe's, especially in the picture found. Also the nice teeth. I have doubts about her hair. Do we know Jane Doe's hair was naturally curly? Sorry if I missed that. Nothing about that for Penny. She could have straightened it though?
1660984066724.png

Attachments

• 1660983128795.png
    1660983128795.png
    19 KB · Views: 2
Your thoughts and questions were exactly mine as well. I have been pondering and weighing the following and feel the odds are slim but still a small percentage of a chance to be worth submission.

UP Height: 5’7” (Penny listed as 5’6” - 5’7”)

UP Weight: 140 (Penny was listed at 150 at the time of disappearance)

UP Hair: Blonde/Strawberry, long (Penny, long and blonde)

UP Eyes: Hazel with no mention of contacts (Penny, blue or hazel eyes, wears contacts)

UP age estimate: Pre 40 or 25-35 (Penny was 37 at disappearance)

UP found in a hotel in Albuquerque (Penny’s ex husband reported seeing her at a bus stop in Sacramento or a truck stop in Albuquerque). My thought here is “this is an odd statement but the mention of Albuquerque, a coincidence?”

@Detailz I have not submitted yet. I have been so back and forth on this one but think it’s worth a shot.

UP2926 and MP43329 have been submitted to both contacts listed in NamUs. If nothing else, Penny can be ruled out as a potential match for our UID.

Thank you for reviewing and providing your thoughts and feedback. I was on the fence but decided to submit as I feel it’s worth a shot.

UP2926 and MP43329 have been submitted to both contacts listed in NamUs. If nothing else, Penny can be ruled out as a potential match for our UID.

Thank you for reviewing and providing your thoughts and feedback. I was on the fence but decided to submit as I feel it’s worth a shot.
My motto is "when in doubt, submit".

My motto is "when in doubt, submit".
I am so much in agreement with you on that.

Thank you!

I am so much in agreement with you on that.

Thank you!
Thank you!

I think there's a slim possibility that it might be Tara Leigh Calico.
Height, age range, looks.
Non-edited photo comparison of the Albuquerque Jane Doe (1991) with Tara Leigh Calico
She disappeared within 35 miles of this unidentified's body being found. It's worth testing to find out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-050512_Pixlr-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20220822-050512_Pixlr-01.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 9

That truck stop I posted nearest the motel that was 0.1 miles away and Penny was last seen at a truck stop? Sounds like you'd need to submit that.
But Don't just submit it. Contact the detective in charge of Penny's case . Look up her Namus and call. I've done it MANY times. They're very thankful for the info. That detective in charge of Penny's case would them call the detective in charge of this case of the Jane Doe's case and share info. X-rays, dentals, prints Everything.
That's the best route to do it.
THAT gets results.
I NEVER use Namus.
It's just a directory. That's all.
A database
call the info they provide for the law enforcement contacts. That's why they're listed.
I talk to the detective personally.
Trust me, they're VERY appreciative.
Plus YOU in any case could help being closure to a family. Not in just this case, but in EVERY one we look at.
I think you've got some good coinciding info there. You have a great eye.

Last edited:
FWIW I like this find.

This is Penny's Charley file. What a very strange disappearance. Lot's of questions, very vague story. Penny Yvonne Peeler – The Charley Project

Between April 27 and May 11, 1990, Peeler's husband was on a trip with another woman. He stated he last saw Peeler on May 3, either at a bus station in Sacramento, California or at a truck stop in Albuquerque, New Mexico. <?????> She has never been heard from again. Peeler's mother believes her daughter may have been murdered. Few details are available in her case.

IMO Penny's eyes and brows look a lot like Jane Doe's, especially in the picture found. Also the nice teeth. I have doubts about her hair. Do we know Jane Doe's hair was naturally curly? Sorry if I missed that. Nothing about that for Penny. She could have straightened it though?
View attachment 360652
I see a resemblance to Penny.
Here's an old article about her disappearance I found:

Back in 1991 people had to fill out a registration card and submit it to the motel desk clerk. They'd show their driver's license and the clerk would have them sign it. I wonder if they STILL have that card in evidence. That way the "Eduardo Colon" characte'rs fingerprints would be on it. I wonder if that is in evidence?
Since it was at night the desk clerk would've been the "night auditor" normally you'd NOT leave the front desk to verify the vehicle license plate if you couldn't see it. You'd trust them to be honest about it. But I wonder if the paperwork he filled out to book the room is in evidence. Then they could fingerprint it and run those fingerprints through the NCIC system. Just a thought.
Also you usually used a credit card as a Security deposit. I wonder if that's on file in the paperwork.

I think Penny could be a possible match for Jane Doe, since she fits everything (age, height, weight, location, among other things).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back