NM - Alexee Trevizo, 19, Charged with murder of newborn in trash can, Artesia, Jan 2023

Wow. She was already right there at the hospital (a legal & safe place to anonymously leave an unwanted newborn) but she opted to cover him in a bag and place him in the bottom of a trash can instead?
But how can we assume she knew that? Many young women are VERY sheltered.

I'm unclear whether physicians told her not just that she was pregnant, but that she was in active labor. IMO if in labor, she should never have been allowed to lock that bathroom door; very unsafe for her. She could have passed out, bled uncontrollably, got preeclampsia (or whatever, I dunno)...

I just read through this case.
I'm at a loss. Did she know she was pregnant ? She's in high school right? Living at home? Or was she at college...?
And her mom didn't know she was pregnant? How could she not notice, the girl is not even overweight. Very strange interaction in the hospital room.

That poor baby, born full term and healthy...right there in the hospital ! In the safety of a hospital, after docs informed her she was in labor ! She wasn't being monitored, no one knew she locked herself in the bathroom? She didn't call out for help while giving birth?

I'm really shocked and confused here.

So very sad

I just read through this case.
I'm at a loss. Did she know she was pregnant ? She's in high school right? Living at home? Or was she at college...?
And her mom didn't know she was pregnant? How could she not notice, the girl is not even overweight. Very strange interaction in the hospital room.

That poor baby, born full term and healthy...right there in the hospital ! In the safety of a hospital, after docs informed her she was in labor ! She wasn't being monitored, no one knew she locked herself in the bathroom? She didn't call out for help while giving birth?

I'm really shocked and confused here.

So very sad
I don't get it, either. How could she be in active labor in a hospital and no one is noticing, let alone supervising? And mom isn't wondering why she was in the bathroom so long? And she must have been bleeding on the sheets in that bed?

Why wasn't she on monitors? She doesn't even have needles in her wrists, with a tangle of tubing? What current hospital doesn't festoon you with gadgets the moment you step into the ER? As soon as they knew about the blood and assumed she might have hurt herself?

And why is the MD in the room saying Alexee has to be sent right away to the obstetrician? Huh? Where IS the obstetrician? And they surely should have been racing to get Alexee to him/her, before having any extended discussion with LE. Instead of sending her right away because an unattended birth puts mom at risk and she should be hooked up to hospital gadgets, they call 911, the deputies come over (how long did that take?), the deputies chat with the MD (who has evidently left the room of a young woman who is likely bleeding profusely)...I mean....?

If a guy gets shot while holding up a bank, and he's bleeding profusely, no way MD's are calling the cops, waiting for them to arrive, and explaining the situation before they're trying to stop the bleeding and dealing with the bullet wound.

No one seems remotely energized about the condition of this mom.

The MD's job is to "first do no harm". That means for every patient, no judgment. It is NOT call the cops, meet them downstairs at the front door, explain the issue, hang out in the room, leave the room completely unattended by medical personnel, before wheeling the young woman ASAP to the appropriate doctor. So bizarre.

The mother might claim she had told her daughter about previous cases, but she may have pointed to them in disparaging terms, and not to give Alexee info in case she might need it at some point. There's almost a finger-wag going on in that hospital room.

Last edited:
One piece I especially hate about this case....how the deputies are talking about it. They are instantly in "she's guilty" mode and very judgmental, without knowing anything about the situation, and they are crude in their discussion. It's gossip mode: very unprofessional. IMO they shouldn't have been talking about it at all. It was for medical personnel and detectives.

Last edited:
I, for one, am glad Alexee is being allowed to finish school and get her diploma. If she has a substantial term in prison, she'll have a much bigger chance at managing well (e.g. getting a job) when her term is finished, if she has her HS diploma. IMO this is wise from a society point of view.

If this girl was in high school, I seriously doubt she was unaware of what was going on in her body. Kids these days are clued in about sex and the possibility of pregnancy far earlier than previous generations.

I don't get it, either. How could she be in active labor in a hospital and no one is noticing, let alone supervising? And mom isn't wondering why she was in the bathroom so long? And she must have been bleeding on the sheets in that bed?

Why wasn't she on monitors? She doesn't even have needles in her wrists, with a tangle of tubing? What current hospital doesn't festoon you with gadgets the moment you step into the ER? As soon as they knew about the blood and assumed she might have hurt herself?

And why is the MD in the room saying Alexee has to be sent right away to the obstetrician? Huh? Where IS the obstetrician? And they surely should have been racing to get Alexee to him/her, before having any extended discussion with LE. Instead of sending her right away because an unattended birth puts mom at risk and she should be hooked up to hospital gadgets, they call 911, the deputies come over (how long did that take?), the deputies chat with the MD (who has evidently left the room of a young woman who is likely bleeding profusely)...I mean....?

If a guy gets shot while holding up a bank, and he's bleeding profusely, no way MD's are calling the cops, waiting for them to arrive, and explaining the situation before they're trying to stop the bleeding and dealing with the bullet wound.

No one seems remotely energized about the condition of this mom.

The MD's job is to "first do no harm". That means for every patient, no judgment. It is NOT call the cops, meet them downstairs at the front door, explain the issue, hang out in the room, leave the room completely unattended by medical personnel, before wheeling the young woman ASAP to the appropriate doctor. So bizarre.

The mother might claim she had told her daughter about previous cases, but she may have pointed to them in disparaging terms, and not to give Alexee info in case she might need it at some point. There's almost a finger-wag going on in that hospital room.

I dont get it. They should have taken her to the obstetrics department right away and assigned a midwife/nurse/doctor to her and hook her up to an iv and labor monitor. Why was she allowed to leave at all? Probably ignorance due to a shortage of medical staff.
There were people who died in ER because there was nobody to take care of them in due time.

At the very start of the LE bodycam video, the mom says:
"Lexi, I told youn about this!"
That same scene is shown in longer length at 3:05 mark

Later on in the video, at the 5 min mark the mother says
Lexi have you watched the news of girls- what they do to their babies and that they go to jail?

I don't think she was very sheltered....she deemed herself able to medically determine her newborn wasn't viable/was dead/wasnt breathing and couldn't be saved before tossing him in the hospital trash bin. (which autopsy later confirmed was false- he was breathing prior to being suffocated) so is she an advanced medical expert or sheltered? A scared teenager who lied- about MANY things is my guess.

If this girl was in high school, I seriously doubt she was unaware of what was going on in her body. Kids these days are clued in about sex and the possibility of pregnancy far earlier than previous generations.
My problem with this is that high school kids may not actually know as much as they seem to. Same in my day. There's also a difference between "knowing" and "experiencing the implications of". One is your head, the other your body.

Also, "high school kids" is very generic. Each kid is different and has a different family situation that matters in the realm of personal topics like sex.

For example, my high school was so violent, there wasn't any space for me to learn a whole lot of anything about sexuality, except to notice that about 1/3 of the girls were pregnant in gym class. Clearly that third had experience with sex. That doesn't mean I did.

I don't assume any familiarity with sexuality issues, because I've had a lot of 20-something students who knew nothing. I knew that, because they'd pump me for info lol.

I dont get it. They should have taken her to the obstetrics department right away and assigned a midwife/nurse/doctor to her and hook her up to an iv and labor monitor. Why was she allowed to leave at all? Probably ignorance due to a shortage of medical staff.
There were people who died in ER because there was nobody to take care of them in due time.
Yeah, "first do no harm" required them to attend to Alexee's medical needs ASAP, and they're all just in drama mode. If they didn't have an appropriate doctor on hand, they should have had EMT's take her in an ambulance to the nearest appropriate facility.

I don't think she was very sheltered....she deemed herself able to medically determine her newborn wasn't viable/was dead/wasnt breathing and couldn't be saved before tossing him in the hospital trash bin. (which autopsy later confirmed was false- he was breathing prior to being suffocated) so is she an advanced medical expert or sheltered? A scared teenager who lied- about MANY things is my guess.
The mom is almost wagging her finger though. I think she told Alexee about the other girl charged with murdering a baby so as to create a joint sneer (as in "See what she did, she got PREGGERS...and to top it off, she put her baby in the garbage."), not so as to have it register to her daughter that there were options if she found herself pregnant. From what is transpiring in that room, IMO mom never talked to the daughter as a teenager who might be engaging in sexual activity: it was off her horizon somewhere.

The mom is almost wagging her finger though. I think she told Alexee about the other girl charged with murdering a baby so as to create a joint sneer (as in "See what she did, she got PREGGERS...and to top it off, she put her baby in the garbage."), not so as to have it register to her daughter that there were options if she found herself pregnant. From what is transpiring in that room, IMO mom never talked to the daughter as a teenager who might be engaging in sexual activity: it was off her horizon somewhere.

Actually, the most interesting thing to me in the entire video regarding mom & daughters interaction is that mom doesn't seem to ever ask who the father is, if he knew about the pregnancy etc and Alexee didn't seem to offer up that info either. (Or did I miss that? Some parts were extremely hard to hear)

Actually, the most interesting thing to me in the entire video regarding mom & daughters interaction is that mom doesn't seem to ever ask who the father is, if he knew about the pregnancy etc and Alexee didn't seem to offer up that info either. (Or did I miss that? Some parts were extremely hard to hear)
IMO they’re both in denial she had sex. That’s partly why I’m focused on the idea that there’s been no age-appropriate communication about sexuality. Mom might have contented herself with thinking her daughter could come to her about “anything”, but she might have understood that to mean, “when you’re 25, and you’re pregnant, I want to be the first to know!” Teenage sex might not have been at all a thing in mom’s world, except for other people’s daughters, like the ones who live in trailer parks.

And daughter is saying this is immaculate conception. I wonder if she engaged in a sexual activity where she didn’t realize it could produce babies (e.g. premature ejaculation)?

I’m trying to figure out how this chain of events happened, dynamic, etc.

And, yes, great question about Alexee’s seed-provider. But strikingly, I also wonder where Alexee’s dad is in this?

Last edited:

Lexi lost all that blood, and she’s not even hooked up to an IV.

I still think it's more likely that because mom was accompanying her at this hospital visit, that's why Alexee kept telling the doctors she wasn't pregnant and denied ever having sex. It was probably not about being so sheltered she didn't know, at 19, what sex was or how a baby is made but feared her mother's judgement & reaction as well as her own future.

No idea about where Alexee's dad fits into this picture. I noticed mom asked the police officer if she could exit the room to call her husband, but she didn't specify if that was Alexee's dad or stepdad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back