GUILTY NM - Ashlynne Mike, 11, San Juan County, 2 May 2016

Not sure if anyone has posted the FB page yet...

ETA: I removed the link because I might have put up an incorrect page. Sorry!

I am not surprised that the murderer is also a Navajo. Nearly all predators seek their victims in their own community simply because that is where they are most comfortable and being part of the community can cause victims to lower their guard.

That aside, this is so heart breaking. The image of that little girl waving good bye to her friend while being driven away is too painful to think about. I hate to say it, but I want the death penalty for this perpetrator.

Not sure if anyone has posted the FB page yet...

Are you sure this is him? One of his posts talks about beginning senior year in 2013.. That would make his age off by 6 years.

edited FB profile out

I was just double checking his page and realized it may not be the same TB! I have edited my post. Now that you quoted me, kaen, can you edit the link out of your post? Thanks.

I just ran across this article where it says he is not related to the monster.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-search-underway-abducted-11-year-girl-38842814

"The Latest: Cousin Says Girl Was Kind, Loved to Play Music

The cousin of an 11 year old girl who was abducted on the Navajo Nation and found dead says she was a kind, smart girl who loved music and played the xylophone.

Shawn Mike's comment Tuesday night came after a meeting and candlelight vigil at a small community center south of Shiprock."

Are you sure this is him? One of his posts talks about beginning senior year in 2013.. That would make his age off by 6 years.

edited FB profile out

I believe that it is not unheard of for Navajos, espescially in the more remote parts of the reservation (I dont know if the community where the crime occurred constitutes a truly remote part), to drift away from school for a period of years, then return. Unlike other areas where such people would take GED courses, the Navajo system allows some, or many, of them back into the standard school.

Wow heartbreaking. Her poor brother :( Glad he was found safe. So damn tired of children being hurt, tortured, murdered etc. So sorry sweet girl, you will never be forgotten.

I had read this info on the mothers facebook page earlier yesterday....that poor little guy will live with that image of his sister not returning with that @$%#^$@&.....just awful!

Mugshot of Tom Begaye
attachment.php
http://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/...l-to-face-judge/4126473/?cat=500#.Vyoax4ZOKrX

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 393
Is Begaye a common name?
From your link -

Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye sent his condolences to Mike's family Tuesday afternoon:

Begaye is an extremely common name among the Navajo.

I don't see the tattoos or the pierced ears.

Poor little darlin! Why?!!!!!!!!!!!

The poor brother will be traumatized for a very, very long time!

I know people all over are focusing on the amber alert being so slow to come out, but again we have a case where it could never have come in time. The little boy who didn't get in the vehicle would have to have alerted LE almost instantaneously for there to have been any chance. I'm just grateful that her brother was able to get away alive.

My heart breaks for this little guy. He went with her because he didn't want her to go alone so obviously he wanted to protect his sister and e couldn't. I hope he gets some counseling, he will feel so guilty even though it is in no way his fault.
Around 7:15 p.m. Monday, Ian was found by a random driver along Navajo Road 13 just south of the Shiprock Monument. He was alone and unhurt, according to Fisher, and was taken to the Shiprock Police Department.

According to a news release from the Navajo Nation, Ian told Shiprock police the suspect took him and his sister toward the Shiprock Monument, but they came to a dead end, where the suspect let him out and told him to go home.

http://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/...rl-ashlynn-mike/4124960/?cat=500#.VyladfmDGkq

http://fox8.com/2016/05/04/man-admi...ld-girl-killing-her-with-tire-iron-complaint/

The man charged with abducting and killing a girl from New Mexico’s Navajo Nation gave investigators a chilling account of her final hours...

During questioning, Begaye said he stopped the vehicle after Ashlynne started crying and walked her to an isolated area behind a hill. He admitted to sexually assaulting her before hitting her with the tire iron until she stopped moving, according to the document...

An angry crowd waited for Begaye outside a federal courthouse in Albuquerque, where he was charged with one count of murder and two counts of kidnapping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lisamarie24
Back