NM NM - Santa Fe, US 285, WhtFem 14-19, 407UFNM, gold ring & earrings, Dec'74

Hi I was the Boyfriend of Nadine and Really think That the Family Reallys knows what happend to Her, Found out later that The Grandfather and Uncle Had there way with all the girls in this Family, and the threats i recieved, I think something more than her Just Leaving was the OUT for someone.

Thanks for joining, Frank.

That scenario seems much more likely than the theory that she was just walking across town and was snatched off the street, though I know of a few instances where that actually happened. Apparently nobody heard screams, and nothing was left behind.

There is usually more to the story than what appears to be.

I would suppose the Grandfather is probably not still alive. Is the uncle?

BTW, what high school did she go to? Do you have any other photos of her?

Could you question the Santa Fe Investigators, ask if there had been a carnival or circus in town the weekend before this Jane was found ? (She was found on Monday) The reason I want to know, is this girl; http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brown_carlene.html looks an awful lot like this Jane's sketch and she disappeared from a carnival and Royal Russell Long was a worker for those types of events and a suspect in Miss Browns (and many more young girls) abductions/disappearances. Just a thought as to how the victims were transported so far away from their hometowns!
TIA for asking!

I've had quite a bit of difficulty getting in touch with these investigators. The times I've left messages, they haven't been returned.

Here's a new addition to NamUs, who seems to be a reasonably close match to this Jane Doe:

Diane Sue Gilchrist

407UFNM.jpg
1700934936665.jpeg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) MP20347

She is a bit short at her listed height of 4 feet 10 inches, but she was 14 years old, and probably still growing. We don't know when her height was last measured prior to her disappearance.

Aside from that, everything else (except the distance) is reasonably close. She was apparently a run-away, so she could have run away to anywhere.

BTW, this Jane Doe is still not in NamUs.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: broken link>

The tip linked them to a woman 1,500 miles away in Michigan, who said her 19-year-old sister was going to her boyfriend&#8217;s house in 1974 and she never saw her again.

The teen was found only with a ring and small gold wire earrings, jewelry, police said, the sister in Michigan recognized.

She also confirmed it looking at pictures, but detectives cannot confirm it with DNA because they said she has gone missing again.

&#8220;She was put in an indigent grave we believe in Glorieta, but there was a fire and the Office of the Medical Investigator&#8217;s warehouse and all the records burned in that fire,&#8221; Espinoza said.

<modsnip: broken link>

excerpt:

The tip linked them to a woman 1,500 miles away in Michigan, who said her 19-year-old sister was going to her boyfriend&#8217;s house in 1974 and she never saw her again.

The teen was found only with a ring and small gold wire earrings, jewelry, police said, the sister in Michigan recognized.

She also confirmed it looking at pictures, but detectives cannot confirm it with DNA because they said she has gone missing again.

&#8220;She was put in an indigent grave we believe in Glorieta, but there was a fire and the Office of the Medical Investigator&#8217;s warehouse and all the records burned in that fire,&#8221; Espinoza said.

Wow. CarlK90245 submitted this possible match to Santa Fe police back in 2010. Now the article states that same possible came in a year ago from DoeNetwork?

What did Santa Fe do with the same lead 4 years ago? See page 1 of this thread starting with post #2 to read the discussion on Carl submitting this 4 years ago.

Just realized the article may not be talking about Nadine. The article says "her 19-year-old sister was going to her boyfriend&#8217;s house in 1974 and she never saw her again." Nadine was only 15. I wonder who the article is referring to...

Just realized the article may not be talking about Nadine. The article says "her 19-year-old sister was going to her boyfriend&#8217;s house in 1974 and she never saw her again." Nadine was only 15. I wonder who the article is referring to...

They have to be talking about Nadine. Aside from the age, the description fits Nadine perfectly. BTW, she was 16, not 15.

You're right - she is 16. Doe has her age listed as 15, but when comparing DOB & the LKA date, it's 16 years. And, yes, I don't see anyone else they could be referring to.

They have to be talking about Nadine. Aside from the age, the description fits Nadine perfectly. BTW, she was 16, not 15.

You're Nadine's ( and plenty of others' ) unsung hero, Carl!!!

This Jane Doe is mentioned in the casefile for a White Female found in Strongsville, Ohio in February 1975.

OH-Strongsville-WhtFem-15-25-Gunshot-Victim-Not-Listed-in-Any-Databases-Feb-75

This 1974 Santa Fe Jane Doe was discussed in the context of a missing girl who was also being considered as a possible to the Strongsville Jane Doe.

1-7-75
I contacted Mrs. xxxxxxx and informed her as to what we had found out. I also checked xxxxxxx description against the description of the W/F body found 12/12/74 in Santa Fe N.M. and xxxxxxx does not have a scar below the navel.

That is interesting because it implies that the Santa Fe Jane Doe had a scar below the navel. There is no mention in the Santa Fe JD's DoeNetwork file of a scar below the navel.

I wonder if Nadine O'Dell had such a scar.

Bumping. You have to believe there is a strong possibility this UID is Nadine.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back