NM NM - Santa Fe, US 285, WhtFem 14-19, 407UFNM, gold ring & earrings, Dec'74

Interesting. They finally put this Jane Doe into NamUs.

I doubt that they ever located where she is buried though, or that they located any of the casefile on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no exclusions on her namus. Does anyone know if Nadine o’dell was ever ruled out. Nadine’s case is being featured by Nancy grace according to the news.

There are no exclusions on her namus. Does anyone know if Nadine o’dell was ever ruled out. Nadine’s case is being featured by Nancy grace according to the news.

They can’t exclude or confirm anyone.

Last I heard, there are no identifiers on her because the casefile is lost, and nobody knows where her body is buried.

They can’t exclude or confirm anyone.

Last I heard, there are no identifiers on her because the casefile is lost, and nobody knows where her body is buried.

Okay, so there Miss UID was found with a recognizable face & distinctive jewelry, but there are no images of either?

CarlK, I have family in Santa Fe. What's your opinion about the map pin? The location marked is right in the middle of Santa Fe. If this young lady is interred in Glorieta, I expect her remains

There have been three theories on Nadine’s case:

- she ran away

- she was a victim of Carl Eugene watts

- she was a victim of Arthur Nelson ream

Okay, so there Miss UID was found with a recognizable face & distinctive jewelry, but there are no images of either?

CarlK, I have family in Santa Fe. What's your opinion about the map pin? The location marked is right in the middle of Santa Fe. If this young lady is interred in Glorieta, I expect her remains

ooh, this new forum & I don't get along sometimes!!!

I expect her remains were located further south on 285, towards Cline's Corners & I-40. This young lady could be from anywhere in the USA within a two or three day time frame. I-40 joins I-44 a little to the east, bringing traffic from the Chicago area -- or perhaps the missing Michigan woman.

285 between I-40 and Santa Fe was desolate in the '70's. Ranches for about an hour & nothing else. If you're not familiar with "the West" you really can't imagine. Beautiful, too, but isolated.

There is the train station in Lamy, I hope that our young lady's photo & jewelry were shown to the station & train crews in the aftermath of her murder.

Also to staff at Cline's Corners.

(New Mexico Girl's Ranch is also in Lamy, but that facility opened in 1982 so no help there.)

Just found out the other day that Nadines Mother has passed away, Her older sister passed away last year and also one of her brothers, after talking to a family member that got ahold of me after sum 40 odd years ago, I have found out that Nadine was probably being abused before I met her and that's why she was so shy towards me at first but then Cried for days after I ask her to be my girlfriend, my cousin who introduced us told me this that she could not believe how excited and happy Nadine was and acted, I still say today that if she ranaway to protect herself she would have tried to contact me or someone in my family for sure.

So I guess what im saying and feeling is that with the Passing of these Family members and the Grandfather who committed suicide I think that it Has closed any possibility of Knowing What Really Happened. ~God Bless You Nadine~ and I will never Forget, Never!!!:(

<modsnip: broken link>

excerpt:

The tip linked them to a woman 1,500 miles away in Michigan, who said her 19-year-old sister was going to her boyfriend&#8217;s house in 1974 and she never saw her again.

The teen was found only with a ring and small gold wire earrings, jewelry, police said, the sister in Michigan recognized.

She also confirmed it looking at pictures, but detectives cannot confirm it with DNA because they

excerpt:

The tip linked them to a woman 1,500 miles away in Michigan, who said her 19-year-old sister was going to her boyfriend&#8217;s house in 1974 and she never saw her again.

The teen was found only with a ring and small gold wire earrings, jewelry, police said, the sister in Michigan recognized.

She also confirmed it looking at pictures, but detectives cannot confirm it with DNA because they said she has gone missing again.

&#8220;She was put in an indigent grave we believe in Glorieta, but there was a fire and the Office of the Medical Investigator&#8217;s warehouse and all the records burned in that fire,&#8221; Espinoza said.

said she has gone missing again.

&#8220;She was put in an indigent grave we believe in Glorieta, but there was a fire and the Office of the Medical Investigator&#8217;s warehouse and all the records burned in that fire,&#8221; Espinoza said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spitballing here. What about Margaret Allen Fox?

I got excited about Corinne June Groenenberg, but she’s 5’6, and Santa Fe County Jane Doe is 5’2.

“One case from 1974, a Jane Doe in her mid to late teens, came to him with just two pages. It's enough to know that her unclothed body was found after she'd been raped and strangled along Highway 285 south of Arroyo Hondo. Decades later, Trujillo got a call from a woman in Detroit who said her sister had gone missing around the time the body was found. She'd used an online database of missing and unidentified persons reports to spot the SFPD case.

All police have to determine a match is a single grainy photograph of her face, the view in profile and a gold earring visible. The woman from Detroit thinks that's her sister. The body was buried in an indigent cemetery near Glorieta, but the records for exactly where were lost in a fire at the Office of the Medical Investigator in the 1980s. If they knew where she was, they could exhume her, test for the DNA no one would have thought to collect in 1974 and might be able to give her sister a solid answer. For now, it's just a best guess.”

from the Santa Fe reporter Colder Than Cold

What a shame the records were lost and there's no way to identify her, especially after she was treated so cruelly. I wish she'd have been given her own separate burial and gravestone, considering.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav
Back