GUILTY NM - Victoria Martens, 10, brutally murdered, Albuquerque, 23 Aug 2016 *Arrests* *2 guilty*

they are there. scroll all the way down past the ads.

I was pointing out the comment where a neighbor said the guy had only been there a few weeks, its in MSM now so I can say it. it wasn't then.

I'm not seeing comments. Were they removed or am I just missing them?

what I want to know is, why did the other two run out and she stayed there? did they decide randomly to put it all on her?

So, after reading the actual police report (holy cannoli, what the actual *advertiser censored** did I just read?) some things make a bit more sense than from what I could tell from the media reports.

Jessica (the cousin) ran inside when she saw the cops and locked the door, then I'm guessing in her meth addled brain she thought she could burn up the evidence and escape, so she tries to set the girl (who was in the bathtub) on fire and then jumps off the 2nd story balcony to try to make run for it.

I couldn't figure out why they were trying to burn her body inside the apartment, but it looks like it was a very last minute decision when the cops showed up.

I think you're thinking of Christian Mingle. Plentyoffish is definitely NOT a Christian site......trust me!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DOH! I literally always thought that was what it was, not quite sure why!

what I want to know is, why did the other two run out and she stayed there? did they decide randomly to put it all on her?

Happenstance, imo.

When confronted by LE, they scattered like the cockroaches that they are.

jmopinion

DOH! I literally always thought that was what it was, not quite sure why!

Maybe it was the fish part? Because the fish being a Christian symbol? LOL

I'm laughing WITH you, not at you! I promise. But it's so funny because it tends to be one of the slimiest ones out there. LOL But hey! It's a good thing you didn't know about it, I guess. It shows where you ARE NOT spending your time. ;)

BTW - I only heard of it the first time during the Beverly Carter murder case.

I'm laughing WITH you, not at you! I promise. But it's so funny because it tends to be one of the slimiest ones out there. LOL Buy hey! It's a good thing you didn't know about it, I guess. It shows where you ARE NOT spending your time. ;)

LOL I'm laughing at me! I guess it was the fish :doh::doh::doh:but you are right, I have no experience with these sites! My best friend has been on tinder and it scares me to death! I make her send me everyone's picture so I can reverse image search it. Scary how these sites can connect predator and prey, we see it time and time again! This just created the perfect storm of evilness around this sweet girl. I know not all criminals are truly evil, some may be in jail for unpaid tickets, but why oh why do people continue to let violent offenders into their home and their children's life?

I think I read somewhere they sustained the injuries they all have when they were fighting w each other. so maybe they were fighting which in turn caused the cops to be called.

Happenstance, imo.

When confronted by LE, they scattered like the cockroaches that they are.

jmopinion

I think I read somewhere they sustained the injuries they all have when they were fighting w each other. so maybe they were fighting which in turn caused the cops to be called.

According to the police report, a female caller reported a bleeding man (later identified as Gonzales) knocking on her door saying he had been hit with an iron. A female showed up as well (Marten, the mom) and was saying her daughter was still in the apartment and that "someone had killed her daughter."

When the police arrived, they made contact with Gonzales and Martin. They claimed that Kelley had woken them up by hitting them with an iron. Gonzales claims he jumped over the balcony to escape.

When police went to the apartment, Kelley answered with the chain latched and immediately shut the door. I guess that's when she tried to set her on fire and then she herself jumped off the balcony and tried to run, but she was apprehended.

Soooo.....sounds like they were fighting and the other two left the apartment and alerted a neighbor? It's all just so crazy. I'm sure there were massive amounts of drugs involved in all of this.

My own theory is that they had all passed out, Kelly started trying to dismember the body so she could more easily dispose of it and then......who the hell knows. They came too and saw her and the fight started? She was pissed that they weren't helping and really did go knock them over the head with an iron? Just pure insanity.

I'm laughing WITH you, not at you! I promise. But it's so funny because it tends to be one of the slimiest ones out there. LOL But hey! It's a good thing you didn't know about it, I guess. It shows where you ARE NOT spending your time. ;)

Dogface just rose to the top of the integrity scale for NOT knowing what POF is!! :)

According to New Mexico Courts, Kelley and another woman were previously charged with raping a woman. Those charges were dismissed, but Kelley was convicted of being there, which is a sex crime. A judge gave her three years and she served them all after violating her probation.
According to Kelley’s Facebook page, she was released just ten days ago. That’s when she moved in with her cousin and his girlfriend, and tragically, Victoria.

http://krqe.com/2016/08/25/3-suspects-arrested-in-10-year-old-girls-tragic-death/

**Somewhat graphic**

Kelley has a criminal history dating back to 2003, and court records show she acted as a lookout while a woman allegedly raped another inmate at the Metropolitan Detention Center in September 2012.

In that incident, the victim said the other suspect asked her to engage in sexual activity, and she said no. Kelley then allegedly threatened her, battered her, and then stood guard while the other suspect raped her with an object, according to a criminal complaint filed against Kelley.

Kelley pleaded no contest to conspiracy to commit criminal sexual penetration, second degree, and was sentenced to three years in prison minus nearly a year for time served.

(More at the link including some new information on Martens.)
https://www.abqjournal.com/833205/new-details-released-in-10-year-old-girls-gruesome-slaying.html

Kelley’s conviction for conspiracy to commit rape did not require her to register as a sex offender, or keep away from children.
http://krqe.com/2016/08/25/3-suspects-arrested-in-10-year-old-girls-tragic-death/

Jessica Kelley was finally taken out of the hospital and hauled off to jail. She’s one of the three suspects in the horrific murder of 10 -year-old Victoria Martens and she had harsh words for everyone.

Jessica Kelley was transported to MDC and when asked if she had anything to say she fired back with something crass.

Kelley has been in the hospital with a broken leg after jumping off a balcony trying to get away police.
http://krqe.com/2016/08/26/third-suspect-in-victoria-martens-death-released-from-hospital-jailed/

I would love to wipe that smirk off her evil face

I have, uh, "friends" who got all involved in that site a few years ago. Absolutely nothing good comes out of it that I can see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I read the affidavit, it is sick that I was relieved to find the child was killed early on, strangled, BEFORE the stabbing, dismemberment. At least she was spared that torture.
I disagree with comments blaming drugs--these degenerates are pure evil.
Because of the grotesque case of baby Brianna Lopez, NM now has much tougher penalties for child abuse resulting in death....

NM does not have the death penalty, I read that they are talking about re-instating the death penalty. The governor used was the prosecutor for many years. I would love to see these three be the first ones executed. If anyone deserves the death penalty these three do.

NM does not have the death penalty, I read that they are talking about re-instating the death penalty. The governor used was the prosecutor for many years. I would love to see these three be the first ones executed. If anyone deserves the death penalty these three do.

I don't think these perps would be eligible for the death penalty if it is reinstated in NM. They will be convicted under the laws that are on the books today. You can't pass a law and then retro-actively enforce it. If the death penalty becomes legal again in the state, it will only apply from that point forward.

AFAIK

I live in Albuquerque and the community is reeling with this terrible murder. Honestly, we're still very upset about the death of Omaree Varela a couple of years ago. Child abuse is quite rampant here. It's true that we don't have the death penalty here, and actually, the courts have historically been fairly soft on people who abuse children, even when the children are killed by their abusers. I hope that won't be the case for Victoria but it remains to be seen.

I wanted to say that even though I'm not a very prolific poster, I do lurk almost every day and I've often taken it upon myself to add updated news links to threads about local cases. In this one, I will try to help with that but I have to tell you that I'm really horrified and upset by Victoria's death, more than I usually am. I have a son exactly her age and a daughter a few years younger and this is just hitting me hard. It also really scares me because I have a close relative whom I think is playing with fire by allowing her own internet boyfriends around her young daughters. I worry every day about these little girls and this story makes me even more scared for them.

When the news broke about the horrific killing of 10-year-old Victoria Martens, other victims of horrific crimes in New Mexico felt the pain maybe even more than the rest of us.

Jeremy Romero was paralyzed on duty as a Corrales police officer. He was chasing suspected car thieves and crashed. Romero is now offering to pay for the funeral of the little Victoria.

“God gave me a second chance on life and the second chance that I was given, I'm going to do everything I can to help out the people in need,” Romero said.
http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/other-tragedy-victims-speak-out-after-girlrsquos-death/4246117/

KRQE News 13 also spoke with the New Mexican’s Against Child Abuse organization. The founder says she hopes the suspects spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Mayor Richard Berry also spoke out on the tragedy. Mayor Berry hosted a brief conference to address Victoria Marten’s horrific death. He says the city is working with APD to make sure the public knows about the resources available to them. He points to 311 to report any concerns about a child or child abuse.

The mayor also says there will be events scheduled at a later date to pay tribute to little Victoria and to bring attention to the issue.
http://krqe.com/2016/08/25/friends-family-and-neighbors-mourn-loss-of-10-year-old-girl/

For Las Cruces residents, the tragedy has reopened old wounds.

“It was so reminiscent of baby Brianna,” said Orlando-Antonio Jimenez, an organizer with the baby Brianna memorial.
http://kfoxtv.com/news/local/albuquerque-girls-death-brings-back-memories-of-baby-brianna

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back