Norwegian co. makes women wear red bracelets at period time

Has Snopes dealt with this yet? I'm still expecting this to turn out to be an internet hoax... Are Scandinavian women really so docile as to comply with this regulation?
I wasn't able to pull up anything about it on Snopes, as of this morning.

I wasn't able to pull up anything about it on Snopes, as of this morning.

I wasn't either. I just keep hoping this is a hoax. It just CANNOT be real! I know there's a lot of stingy employers out there, though.

(The following is tongue in cheek)

OK, Am I the only one here who thinks this is a great idea except very misapplied. Why you have to go to the bathroom is nobodies business.

The idea however, IMO, is genius. The problem here that the scope is way to limited. It should be a societal law that women wear one of these when having their periods.

Society would function so much smoother if it were the law. When a woman is being a biotch but wearing a red bracelet guys will know, OK I need to be careful here. Men would know to hide the sharp objects and watch their backs closely. When a cop pulled a woman over for a traffic infraction he'd know to keep his right hand close to his gun, just in case.

Women would love it because guys would be a lot more respectful to her while she was wearing it. A woman could use it to wear to bars as a way to say I'm just here with my friends having fun, please don't try to pick me up.

This man is gross for the way he applied his idea but he's a genius, just a depraved one.

I think we could expand on his idea too! Women should have to wear a red and gray striped bracelet while going through menopause.

Of course, there would need to be heavy penalties for wearing it ummmm..."off season" so to speak. :blushing: This couldn't be something women could use all the time it would have to be strictly used only when necessary.

You read it here first. I own the idea and the patent. If these start showing up at drug stores I'll track the person down and sue them. :snooty:

Amongst all the women here...I can't decide if this post of yours was extremely brave or extremely stupid.

LMAO SD...you're a breath of fresh air around here.

Amongst all the women here...I can't decide if this post of yours was extremely brave or extremely stupid.

LMAO SD...you're a breath of fresh air around here.

Whenever you have to make a decision in that area I'd just about always go with extremely stupid. Especially if it's a bet and there's money on the line. :blushing:

The kind of moods I had when I had my period some man would have been wearing that red bracelet around his throat.

When you see that this post has 39 thank yous as of this writing there really isn't any other option than extremely stupid. :innocent:

Some times stupid is worth a bit of $$. lol.

Although I have no doubt that my man would agree with you, I'm with Sassy on this one. :p

You made me remember seeing these ....
:laugh:

http://www.tamponcrafts.com/heart.html

It is pretty absurd, and kind of surprising as most of the Scandinavian countries always have seemed so far ahead in the treatment of employees from what I have read, and the couple of friends I have over in those parts.

Dark Chili, - OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hhahahahahahahahaah!!!

When you see that this post has 39 thank yous as of this writing there really isn't any other option than extremely stupid. :innocent:

hehehe Mine would be red and gray stripes now. I cannot decide if the big menopause is the worse of the two evils. Cranky with hot flashes that make your glasses fog over is not all that great either. Needless to say hubby has learned when the eyebrow goes up to take cover. Whatever he meant as funny was not taken that way and I am looking for a pan, vase, something with some substance to throw at him. He can still run pretty fast for an old man. :angel:

OK, Am I the only one here who thinks this is a great idea except very misapplied. Why you have to go to the bathroom is nobodies business.

The idea however, IMO, is genius. The problem here that the scope is way to limited. It should be a societal law that women wear one of these when having their periods.

Society would function so much smoother if it were the law. When a woman is being a biotch but wearing a red bracelet guys will know, OK I need to be careful here. Men would know to hide the sharp objects and watch their backs closely. When a cop pulled a woman over for a traffic infraction he'd know to keep his right hand close to his gun, just in case.

Women would love it because guys would be a lot more respectful to her while she was wearing it. A woman could use it to wear to bars as a way to say I'm just here with my friends having fun, please don't try to pick me up.

This man is gross for the way he applied his idea but he's a genius, just a depraved one.

I think we could expand on his idea too! Women should have to wear a red and gray striped bracelet while going through menopause.

Of course, there would need to be heavy penalties for wearing it ummmm..."off season" so to speak. :blushing: This couldn't be something women could use all the time it would have to be strictly used only when necessary.

You read it here first. I own the idea and the patent. If these start showing up at drug stores I'll track the person down and sue them. :snooty:

Sorry to rain on your parade, Steely...but it's called PMS for a reason--it's pre-menstrual. Once Aunt Flo has come to visit, so to speak, we have no hormonal excuse for our general crankiness. We're just cranky, or you're just annoying!

Now to go totally off topic: I grew up near a small town that's name began with a "P". Years ago, the school board decided to consolidate things, and closed down the middle school. Then they got stuck with a building they couldn't get rid of and couldn't decide what to do with. For years, the local paper would run stories with headlines like "School Board Debates Future of PMS". It always cracked me right up!

My mom worked for the paper, although she covered another community--I never could get her to tell me if the editor had a great sense of humor, or if he was just that clueless.

The story had a happy ending--one cold winter night, the brick building mysteriously burned to the ground, and I mean to the ground. I suspect that the school board, in closed session, decided to just go out and buy a lot of gasoline and let the insurance company deal with it.

Yes, pre-MENstrual...MENopause...well...you all know the history.

Sorry to rain on your parade, Steely...but it's called PMS for a reason--it's pre-menstrual. Once Aunt Flo has come to visit, so to speak, we have no hormonal excuse for our general crankiness. We're just cranky, or you're just annoying!

Now to go totally off topic: I grew up near a small town that's name began with a "P". Years ago, the school board decided to consolidate things, and closed down the middle school. Then they got stuck with a building they couldn't get rid of and couldn't decide what to do with. For years, the local paper would run stories with headlines like "School Board Debates Future of PMS". It always cracked me right up!

My mom worked for the paper, although she covered another community--I never could get her to tell me if the editor had a great sense of humor, or if he was just that clueless.

The story had a happy ending--one cold winter night, the brick building mysteriously burned to the ground, and I mean to the ground. I suspect that the school board, in closed session, decided to just go out and buy a lot of gasoline and let the insurance company deal with it.

BBM

Thank you. This is the exact kind of feedback I need in order to make this idea saleable. :crazy:

Whenever you have to make a decision in that area I'd just about always go with extremely stupid. Especially if it's a bet and there's money on the line. :blushing:

Ummmm....When people give you "thank yous" for a post like that I'm....Umm not exactly sure how to take it? :waitasec::crazy:

lmbo @SD. You are always the one who gets me cackling.

UNREAL!! That is just wrong on so many levels. "While the name of the firm that made female workers wear red bracelets was not disclosed, the report has gone for review to Bjorn Erik Thon, Norway's chief consumer ombudsman, according Current.com. :banghead:

Thon stated that "toilet codes relating to menstrual cycles are clear violations of privacy" and are "very insulting to the people concerned."

The name of the Co. should be made public. IMO

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl...r_time_of_the_month_at_com.html#ixzz183H3YrMo

As another poster friend of mine would say.......

"Shut. Up.!!" Like as in no way! Are they kidding?
Unreal. That would never go over here in the U.S.A how rude that is. gahh.

wow, why not just make them go off into a tent in the woods so they don't contaminate anything?!

What, is the point in the bracelets and why the he77 is it their employer's business to know this information anyway???

The only "good" thing that could be gotten from that is women can get crabby, cranky or whatever and have a great excuse. lol Not my fault.....see..red bracelet time. oy.

I am very surprised this has come out of Norway - you would expect it from a country where women are 2nd class citizens, but not there. It is such a gross invasion of privacy - and what happens if you get pregnant and want to keep it to yourself? If someone is monitoring your cycle they would know straight away! If I was an employee I would take the company to the cleaners over this.

Then they wear pink and blue swirled bracelets of course!.:innocent:

12.gif

6.gif

I'm getting more skeptical by the hour. I've looked through well over 100 sites with screaming headlines about this. NOT ONE of the sites is from Norway itself. ALL sites cite the same Daily Mail article. Even that article neglects to mention the actual company and instead cites a supposed reference in a union document.

Now I can imagine one, creepy boss implementing such a policy for sadistic purposes, but I don't see it catching on. It doesn't even make any sense. Why just bracelets for menstruation? What about IBS and similar maladies? What about people who have an extra cup of coffee in the a.m.?

It may be true that Norwegian companies are increasingly obsesses with "productivity." Lord knows American companies do plenty of stupid things to that end.

But this report sounds to me like something a couple guys got to joking about and then somebody got the idea to fake a news report...

hehehe Mine would be red and gray stripes now. I cannot decide if the big menopause is the worse of the two evils. Cranky with hot flashes that make your glasses fog over is not all that great either. Needless to say hubby has learned when the eyebrow goes up to take cover. Whatever he meant as funny was not taken that way and I am looking for a pan, vase, something with some substance to throw at him. He can still run pretty fast for an old man. :angel:

I was chewing when I started reading your post.

LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back