NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm just so sick over this. Sick.

Thinking of all my fellow NV sleuthers. :heartbeat:

I never understand this. How does devastation make people want to kill innocent strangers?

Mental/psychological illness is the simple answer. Narcissistic sociopath, paranoid, injustice collector who feels he's been wronged and deserves more in life than he has. A desire to be famous, to take out his anger and frustration on others. In our culture, men have a tendency to take out their anger and frustration on others.

Sadly, there are many people in the US who acquire large collections of weapons of this type. JMO, anyone who does this spends some time thinking about how and under what circumstances they will use them. For some, maybe that thinking gets out of control to the point where they look for reasons to use them.

It will be interesting to see if he and his partner were splitting up or if he had health problems, was taking medication, etc. Also whether he was having financial problems.

I am wondering how he got that particular suite facing the strip. He must have asked for that location, but with the Harvest Festival and the concerts going on, you cannot reserve a certain room/suite and be sure you will get it IMO. Perhaps he had access to some kind of privileges, when making reservations.

I stayed a few floors off in the same part of the hotel. The rooms on the ends of the building are all suites. His suite has the same layout I stayed it. It has 2 large bedrooms, 2 full size bathrooms and then a TV/ den area including kitchenette, sofa, dining room table in the middle, many windows. He had a good view of the fairgrounds (main stage from backwards), the Luxor, the strip.

-Nin

Every time I hear the replay of the gunfire I feel like I am watching a war film. Absolutely terrifying.

His brother claims that he was neither religious nut, nor a political ist.

Opps someone in the background with a cute southern accent , just said he was blown away by what happened ............

I thought..................

I wonder if he had another room there.

It seems to be a sort of adult tantrum, the same way that toddlers will smash another child's toys in anger.

I don't know. People who do this are injustice collectors. Small people who feel unfairly overlooked in life. No one knew who this guy was and it seems few cared. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him. Now, because we love to make these guys into heroes by splashing their faces and names everywhere and posting their death counts like a contest, everyone knows his name.

He got through death much more recognition than he ever got in life.

I am wondering how he got that particular suite facing the strip. He must have asked for that location, but with the Harvest Festival and the concerts going on, you cannot reserve a certain room/suite and be sure you will get it IMO. Perhaps he had access to some kind of privileges, when making reservations.

I stayed a few floors off in the same part of the hotel. The rooms on the ends of the building are all suites. His suite has the same layout I stayed it. It has 2 large bedrooms, 2 full size bathrooms and then a TV/ den area including kitchenette, sofa, dining room table in the middle, many windows. He had a good view of the fairgrounds (main stage from backwards), the Luxor, the strip.

-Nin

Perhaps I am off a little and it is not a suite. But I am looking at 2 broken windows on the 32nd floor and the one window is definitely in that parlor area. The first window may be one of the bedrooms.

-Nin

-Nin

Booked far in advance, perhaps???

jmo

Here it is. And they don't usually claim responsibility unless it is true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4941092/ISIS-claim-responsibility-Vegas-shooting.html

I don't know. People who do this are injustice collectors. Small people who feel unfairly overlooked in life. No one knew who this guy was and it seems few cared. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him. Now, because we love to make these guys into heroes by splashing their faces and names everywhere and posting their death counts like a contest, everyone knows his name.

He got through death much more recognition than he ever got in life.

Yep! All of this.

Not a formal military background, no, but I wonder if he has been involved with right wing militia type groups in the past.

His brother said no. No known political affiliation at all.

I can't see whether anyone answered my earlier question.... is this type of gun legal in America? Who would have access to (what I, in my naivety, would call) a machine gun?

Fully automatic weapons were first banned in 1935, with another law in 1986 clarifying and tightening the ban. A fully auto weapon is where you pull the trigger, hold, and it continues to fire until you release the trigger.

A semi-auto, which is legal, is one trigger pull, one bullet or shell.

A person can get a license for full-auto, but it is very difficult and expensive. The weapon has to be manufactured before 1986. Some states ban them completely, no matter the Federal regulations.

Mental/psychological illness is the simple answer. Narcissistic sociopath, paranoid, injustice collector who feels he's been wronged and deserves more in life than he has. A desire to be famous, to take out his anger and frustration on others. In our culture, men have a tendency to take out their anger and frustration on others.

Sadly, there are many people in the US who acquire large collections of weapons of this type. JMO, anyone who does this spends some time thinking about how and under what circumstances they will use them. For some, maybe that thinking gets out of control to the point where they look for reasons to use them.

It will be interesting to see if he and his partner were splitting up or if he had health problems, was taking medication, etc. Also whether he was having financial problems.

I agree. But I will never understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member