NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt the desire was to kill as many as possible but from what I'm reading they weren't all set up and ready to shoot.

When he shot security guard, that could have promoted him to start shooting earlier than he originally intended.

House was already searched. I don't see why evidence wouldn't be admissible.
Because evidence could have been planted, fake evidence, for one thing as well as very many paw prints...

I haven't posted since the very beginning because I've been very busy. I am curious as to why the shooter would have all those weapons in his room when he could only shoot one at the time. I could understand a few of them but why so many?

Someone who did what he did certainly isn’t rational. (Not saying what he did is bc of mental illness.) No matter what the motive or reason, it isn’t a rational motive or reason.

No doubt the desire was to kill as many as possible but from what I'm reading they weren't all set up and ready to shoot.
thats an excellent point. never even thought of it.. but i will now..
Please gun experts, sorry for another nag but realistically how many guns would he, should he have actually needed to carry out his act and do you have any theories regarding the surplus??
Could he have achieved his goal with just 10 guns fitted with bumps and one or two without or not?

Someone who did what he did certainly isn’t rational. (Not saying what he did is bc of mental illness.) No matter what the motive or reason, it isn’t a rational motive or reason.

I agree, but from what I've read he was a planner and wanted to get away. So the fact he had so many weapons that he was "leaving behind" had he been able to escape makes me question it.

Because evidence could have been planted, fake evidence, for one thing as well as very many paw prints...

House was already searched prior to the break in. Unless whoever broke in figured how to go back in time, they couldn't have planted fake evidence.

To clarify I do not know if the house was totally empty. Neighbor has said that he moved out first and that MD took three days moving her stuff out. Furnishings may very well be there. Still as long as it was searched, and I would think it was throughly searched,why would law enforcement hold onto it?

I agree, but from what I've read he was a planner and wanted to get away. So the fact he had so many weapons that he was "leaving behind" had he been able to escape makes me question it.

Weapons make you to question it? He rented the hotel room under his own name. It's not like he could have escaped with no one knowing who he was.

House was already searched prior to the break in. Unless whoever broke in figured how to go back in time, they couldn't have planted fake evidence.
It depends upon how thoroughly it was searched printed etc the first time.. LE does not have unlimited resources, its possible it was a cursory search and if new evidence is located elsewhere may require a re search. This happens, a lot.

It depends upon how thoroughly it was searched printed etc the first time.. LE does not have unlimited resources, its possible it was a cursory search and if new evidence is located elsewhere may require a re search. This happens, a lot.

With 58 people dead, I would hope LE found resources to do a good search on this one.

Weapons make you to question it? He rented the hotel room under his own name. It's not like he could have escaped with no one knowing who he was.

No I question a lot more, including why he used his real name. There are a ton of questions.

Maybe I was a little unclear. Sorry. If they came up with something new, now, it would be tainted. If it was found prior to the break-in, no issues.
If the house was empty ( I don't know if it was) what future evidence would there be??

Hi All, I've been a reader and "Thank You-er" up till now. I found this pic of one of the broken MB windows. I'm even less of an expert when it comes to window codes and construction, but looking at this
pic, I think I see at least two layers: the inner layer appears IMO to be like safety glass, while the outer pane is perhaps more decorative, and provides a smooth base for the "gold leaf." ?

http://static-22.sinclairstoryline....3-4e8e-89e7-1d3bcb3a91e3-AP17276684783344.jpg

source: WMYA website/google image search

No I question a lot more, including why he used his real name. There are a ton of questions.

Probably either bc 1) he knew he was going to die so who cares if he uses his real name. Hey may as well get the perks and comps in your final days. Or 2) bc he wanted the notoriety. Maybe a bit of both.

this may have been posted already, apologies, if so
Paddock had arrived in the city three days earlier than originally thought, but stayed in a different room that was provided free of charge by the hotel.

When he moved to the corner suite from which he carried out the massacre, the hotel began charging him for the stay.

Police initially only counted charged days, hence the confusion, Lombardo said.
The sheriff also revealed that during his rampage, Paddock shot a Mandalay Bay security guard in the thigh before pumping 200 bullets into the surrounding rooms, t
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4969140/Las-Vegas-gunman-no-abnormalites-brain.html

Hi All, I've been a reader and "Thank You-er" up till now. I found this pic of one of the broken MB windows. I'm even less of an expert when it comes to window codes and construction, but looking at this
pic, I think I see at least two layers: the inner layer appears IMO to be like safety glass, while the outer pane is perhaps more decorative, and provides a smooth base for the "gold leaf." ?

http://static-22.sinclairstoryline....3-4e8e-89e7-1d3bcb3a91e3-AP17276684783344.jpg

:wagon: Glad you got your feet wet!

Thats great. Thank you so much for searching for it and finding it.
You are most welcome.

Very helpful, thanks! It does look like the inner pane is tempered glass and the outer lane is annealed with a deco reflective film. Again, thickness matters, but I don’t think it was all that simple to break both panes, especially the tempered pane, in such a large surface area the way he did. JMO

ETA I’d love to ask my boss his opinion, but he thinks that the massacre was orchestrated by anti gun lobbyists sooo yeah, not trying to get into that convo. Maybe I’ll ask one of the other glaziers their thoughts tomorrow though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa