Resolved NV - Gerlach, WhtMale UP10536 55-65, alias 'Richard Lee', devil tattoo, Jul'12 - Name withheld

Obviously he wasn't a criminal or feared of being caught since he lived such a public life.

I can't believe I saw just now that my last post was incomplete :banghead:

But you got what I was trying to say: I hope we can find his real name and bring his loved ones some closure.

I just got off the phone with a friend in Gerlach ! He said Cub enlisted in the Navy and was Dishonorably discharged. He will get more info in a few days . I will forward info A.S.A.P.

Aggregating some of the story bits that have floated up, accurate or not:

• Enlisted in the Navy and dishonorably discharged
  • Was in the Vietnam War and saw hell there
  • Ran an automotive shop in Portland, OR
  • Skipped town with several pounds of meth belonging to an Outlaw Motorcycle Gang in Portland, OR
  • Outlaw Motorcycle Gang put a contract out on his life so he was hiding out under a false identity
  • (From Facebook post comment) Lived and worked in Winnemucca, NV prior to moving to Gerlach, NV
  • Got the tattoo in 2000 of the "Hot Stuff" cartoon
  • Received a citation in Gerlach from the Washoe County Sheriff for having no license and went to court in Wadsworth, NV
  • Involved with Burning Man, possibly as mechanic and/or trucker capacity based on online acknowledgements and photograph of his badge
  • Ran the Rainbow Opal Mine in Gerlach, NV

FYI for those mulling over possible matches, there's a thread over on Reddit comparing Richard Lee to Michael Tyler Clarke.

Robert Befort was my uncle. We're still searching... will never give up hope! It is out of character for him to just "disappear".

Rule-Outs for this UID
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Robert Befort 1958 Nevada
Terence Stone 1950 California

attachment.php
attachment.php

Couple more pics of Cub.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 11.46.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 11.46.13 PM.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 11.48.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 11.48.58 PM.png
    422.7 KB · Views: 133
There are probably quite a few potential matches for white males between the ages of 55 and 65 with a height of 5'10" OR 6'6". Add a hair color that could be blonde OR grey (which could have been any color 20 years ago then) and undetermined eye color - and the possibilities are daunting.

I am including Michael Clarke here because he has a tattoo on an unknown arm and strangely enough, has heights listed on similar extremes as this UID.

His family apparently lost saw him in 1987, but he has a booking record from 1990. I found a booking record for a Michael Tyler Clarke from June 1990 in Polk, FL. Not sure if it is the same person, but the height listed is 5'9". NamUs has potential height as 6' to 7'. Pretty big spread, like with the UID!

Mr. Clarke's hair is listed as red/auburn whereas NamUs has the UID's hair as grey and the Coroner's Office has it listed as blonde. If the UID's hair was grey, then this doesn't rule out Mr. Clarke.

His eye color is listed as blue, but the UID's eye color is unknown due to clouding.

Age-wise, it looks like Mr. Clarke would have been 65 in 2012 which is the high end of the estimated age range. The UID gave his age as 58 in the 2008 interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. If that is his true age, he would be around 62 in 2012.

Finally, Mr. Clarke has no fingerprints, DNA, or dentals listed available for comparison so he likely has not been compared yet.

===

(Note: Larger image available on NamUs)
Michael Tyler Clarke
NamUs MP # 20629
Michael Clarke
Miami-Dade County, Florida
40 to 50 year old white male
Link: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20629/7
Case Information
First name: Michael
Middle name: Tyler
Last name: Clarke
Date last seen: January 01, 1987 00:00
Date entered: 06/14/2013
Age last seen: 40 to 50 years old
Age now: 67 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height (inches): 72.0 to 84.0
Weight (pounds): 150.0 to 250.0

Circumstances
City: MIAMI
State: Florida
Zip code: 33184
County: Miami-Dade
Circumstances: FAMILY HAS NOT SEEN OR HEARD FROM HIM OVER 25 YEARS.

Physical
Hair color: Red/Auburn
Left eye color: Blue
Right eye color: Blue

Tattoos: ARM NON-SPECIFIC

Clothing & Accessories
Possibly wearing black rim eye glasses as depicted in an 1990 jail booking photo.

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprints Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
===

Florida Booking Record for a Michael Tyler Clarke (unknown if the same person)
Link: http://www.florida-mugshot-locator.com/Counties/Polk-County/Michael-Tyler-Clarke.25744915.html

Updating here that NamUs now has the following status for Michael Clarke's DNA: "Samples submitted - Tests not complete."

Bumping this up.

This is one of those cases that just really gets to me, especially since we have so many pictures of him when he was alive. Whoever he really was, at least it looks like the last couple decades of his life were fun and interesting. When I look at that picture of him a couple of posts up where he's holding the can of beer, I want to give him a hug! He just looks like such a nice person, like a grandpa.

He was from Tx. Was wanted by the FBI at one point in time he made a the top 10. He was a truck driver for most of the years I knew him. He was a veteran but his being in hiding was because he was sentenced to 66 years in prison for child molestation of his 2 step daughters and skipped town with the help of local folks. A very shady ordeal. Just found out today he found but been dead since 2012. Finally there is closure.

He was from Tx.. He was a truck driver for most of the years I knew him

No it wasn't. Please go back and look at the Facebook links. There are new comments. I believe his family is trying to get in contact with anyone who knew him.

No it wasn't. Please go back and look at the Facebook links. There are new comments. I believe his family is trying to get in contact with anyone who knew him.
Yes, I received a private message that a man believes this might be his father. I encourage he or any family member to contact Gerlach PD or Washoe County contact at this link https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10536?page=circumstances I do not know him or the family but I do hope that they find the answers to what they are looking for and "Richard Lee" can have his name back and RIP

Hopefully, they can find closure as well. Then those that have been hoping for a final resting place and identification for Richard will also find closure.

I looked at Facebook links but must have missed the relevant ones because I didn't see any recent updates.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I looked at Facebook links but must have missed the relevant ones because I didn't see any recent updates.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Please delete if not allowed. Please see comments on bottom of picture thread from 2 days ago. The first one contacted me on here asking me to call him because he believes this might be his father. According to TOS rules I did not call him but I did message back that I did not personally know his father and asked what his father's name is. I did not get a response but I did see on fb that he had been posting on Gerlach's FB page and this one with a similar message.
https://www.facebook.com/nimbyspace...71530301726/10150945752581727/?type=3&theater

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back