Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80 *GRAPHIC* #2 - Tammy Corrine Terrell

My bad...thanks everybody for the sweet words. I think we should redirect the focus back to AGJD.

258UFNV
Date of Discovery: October 5, 1980
Location of Discovery: Henderson, Clark County, Nevada
258UFNV3.jpg
258UFNV1.jpg
258UFNV4.jpg
258UFNV.jpg
258UFNV5.jpg

''Estimated Age: 13-25 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0" to 5'4"
Weight: 98 - 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Light blondish-brown
Eye Color: Blue, green or hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pierced ears. Non-smoker. A crudely made tattoo of the letter "S" in blue in on the inner portion of right her forearm, approximately 1/2" X 1/4". The tattoo appeared new; believed to have been added not long before she died. Wearing silver-colored fingernail polish. Had a vaccination scar on her left bicep.''

''The victim's was located on State Route 146 near Arroyo Grande Road at about 9:20 PM. She was murdered elsewhere and her body dumped at the site.

She suffered multiple head wounds, possibly with a hammer, to back of skull and behind right ear and seven puncture-type stab wounds approximately 3" in depth to the left upper portion of her back. One of her lower teeth was knocked out from the attack.

The body appeared to have been washed before it was dumped at the scene.''

Hello guys!! Im very new to websleuths but I have been very intrested in the Jane Arroyo Grande Doe case. But I didnt feel like the face reconstruction did her justice so hers my take on how she might have looked like.
image0.jpg

Welcome Hedda! That is really a very good piece of work. Thanks! And thanks for caring. Just curious, how did you accomplish this....software?

Last edited:
@Feme98 Didn’t see updates on this thread until today... I’ve not heard anything from the ME about Khymbrly and I’ve still not seen anyone actively or publicly searching for her who might be (or know) a relative who could help when it comes to a DNA comparison. I still feel strongly about this potential match though - I just wish I knew of a way to find a living relative.

@Bit of hope I’m so sorry for your recent loss! My thoughts are with you and your friend’s loved ones. Stay strong my friend.

@Hedda193 What a wonderful thing you’ve done! I appreciate so much those who take the extra time to do things like this for the many unidentified. You did an awesome job!

Hello guys!! Im very new to websleuths but I have been very intrested in the Jane Arroyo Grande Doe case. But I didnt feel like the face reconstruction did her justice so hers my take on how she might have looked like.
image0.jpg

Welcome to Websleuths and that is an awesome portrait. I feel like if she walked into the room right now, I'd recognize her.

The thing is....they spend so many money on her..invested in old school things, trying to identify her...I'm just wondering why she is still not presented to the Doe DNA doe project. Could it be they think she is killed by a family member? Or does Nevada has laws that are forbit this?

The thing is....they spend so many money on her..invested in old school things, trying to identify her...I'm just wondering why she is still not presented to the Doe DNA doe project. Could it be they think she is killed by a family member? Or does Nevada has laws that are forbit this?
Likewise. After four years (or so), we're still waiting for the isotopes results (which in the meanwhile has become a somewhat obsolete technique!).

But the DDP has been and are working on Nevada cases. You remember Mary Silvani? For all we know, the DDP, or another forensic genealogy team, are in the talks of taking AGJD on.

I wonder if her age range might be an issue for DDP. Though it's a wide & she could be an adult, there's also a possibility she could be a teenager. On one of the news broadcasts about her back, she looked very young in one of the PM photos, more like on the lower end of the age range. Does anyone know what DDP's age cut off is?

I wonder if her age range might be an issue for DDP. Though it's a wide & she could be an adult, there's also a possibility she could be a teenager. On one of the news broadcasts about her back, she looked very young in one of the PM photos, more like on the lower end of the age range. Does anyone know what DDP's age cut off is?
I'm not sure but I believe they've worked on some cases where the age range goes into the teens to 20s/30s. I think what they mean about the age thing is that they won't work on baby/toddler does because when a doe is that young it's obvious that the family had to be involved. I don't think they have an issue with teens/young adults but I could be wrong.

In many of her recons she looks like she could be of Slavic heritage.like a almost stereotypically Slavic although I'm leaning a bit more like a Slavic mix.I am somewhat familiar with what a Slavic woman looks like

The cold war was still waging on so her family members were physically and politically blocked in reporting a missing relative.plus there might have been a language barrier involved and maybe some telephone game type of stuff happening

I'm not sure but I believe they've worked on some cases where the age range goes into the teens to 20s/30s. I think what they mean about the age thing is that they won't work on baby/toddler does because when a doe is that young it's obvious that the family had to be involved. I don't think they have an issue with teens/young adults but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure, either.

I'm not sure about Arizona or the southwest US in having a Slavic community.I know Kansas is home to a Community of Volga Germans.some Germans from Romania.even a few Sudeten Germans

The Midwest in general is home to a community of Germans who lived in eastern Europe.that might explain her mixed Slavic features since otsiedler/East Germans(yes they are known as East Germans.confusing since people from communist East Germany are also known as East Germans)have mixed with Slavic people as mtdna results often show.

plus red hair does occur in high frequency among Slavic people.red hair also occurs in Ashkenazi Jews too so maybe Agjd is of Eastern European Jewish descent might explain her Slavic/Mediterranean mixed appearance

Last edited:
I'm not sure, either.
Q: Why won't DDP take cases of young children or babies?
A: From the beginning in order to keep our mission clear and focused we chose to take cases that only involved victims, not suspects. When young children are discovered and the parents did not report them missing they are obvious persons of interest. Particularly in the case of newborn infants - from the agency's point of view the real objective would be identifying the mother, not her infant who likely never was given a name. In that sense, these cases are actually assailant cases. When it's clear the mother could not be involved we do accept these. The policy is not about age, but about whether there is an obvious direct link to a suspect. Thankfully, there are other organizations who handle these cases. We wish to see justice served for these young victims as much as anyone. DNA Doe Project
So teens aren't an issue. There's 5 does they're currently working on that have age ranges going into the lower/mid teens (15-19). I didn't go through all their current cases so there might be more with a lower range. I don't think Arroyo Grande would be an issue since a lot of theories revolve around her being in sex trafficking. I could be wrong obviously, I'm not with dna doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back