Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80 *GRAPHIC* #2 - Tammy Corrine Terrell

is it not possible to take a ancestry test? if she was American it still would show that her DNA comes from Europe (most likely) but it would still help with the theory you guys have. Just a thought, does she have her DNA summited into a genealogy data base?

[QUOTEhttps://www.youtube.com/"Hedda193, post: 16165428, member: 268020"]is it not possible to take a ancestry test? if she was American it still would show that her DNA comes from Europe (most likely) but it would still help with the theory you guys have. Just a thought, does she have her DNA summited into a genealogy data base?[/QUOTE]

Not that we're aware of. If she is with an organization for forensic genealogy apart from DNA Doe Project, I've never heard.

So that narrows it down to her either being a 19th century descendant of a immigrant from eastern Europe or a post ww2 communist takeover political refugee.i come from a Eastern European background myself and one thing I do know for sure is that women's rights are still a problem in the society even to this day.it is very patriarchal and Eastern European women are stereotyped as being docile and submissive. I'd guess she would have had a problem in seeking help for herself

I do not think she is Hungarian.Hungarians often have a very central European look on their phenotype.I do not see it on Arroyo Jane doe.i do see some probable Mediterranean heritage in there.many Serbians do have varying degrees of Aromanian heritage especially southeast Serbia.many If not most Croatian Serbs and Bosnian Serbs are Serbianized Aromanians

Hungarians look a bit more closer to Western Europeans than South Slavs do though to me personally Hungarians look like a intermediary between a eastern and western European

Arroyo Jane doe's phenotype reminds of this 3\4 Serbian 1\4 Aromanian woman i talked to on youtube in the past.plus Arroyo Jane doe's phenotype also reminded of this neighbor girl who's daughter has a father that is a Montenegrin/Albanian mix.The mother of the girl also might have some Slavic ancestry as her phenotype is very Slavic influenced

is it not possible to take a ancestry test? if she was American it still would show that her DNA comes from Europe (most likely) but it would still help with the theory you guys have. Just a thought, does she have her DNA summited into a genealogy data base?

Theonly "American" ethnicity on an autosomal DNA test for ethnicity is Native American which we can all see she is not. Americans are made up of a melting pot of different ethnicities. Maybe in 500 years there may be an "American" ethnicity.

If she took an autosomal DNA test she would most likely show as Eastern European, possible some Irish.

Hello all,

I may be just playing catchup, but are the below facts now common knowledge amongst you all on this thread? --I've tracked this case for 12+ years, but only came across this info last night. [Admittedly I have not been doing much if any in-depth websleuthing for a long time.]

• Revised age estimates suggest she was most likely 17 -19 years old.
  • AGJD did not have the diastema [tooth gap] prior to death, as was thought for decades; her tooth was actually knocked out during or after her death.
  • She may have had a fractured jaw some time in the past.
If this has already been discussed I apologize; the thread is too long to go through to verify.

Hello all,

I may be just playing catchup, but are the below facts now common knowledge amongst you all on this thread? --I've tracked this case for 12+ years, but only came across this info last night. [Admittedly I have not been doing much if any in-depth websleuthing for a long time.]

• AGJD did not have the diastema [tooth gap] prior to death, as was thought for decades; her tooth was actually knocked out during or after her death.
If this has already been discussed I apologize; the thread is too long to go through to verify.

Yes! Her tooth was knocked out as a result of her beating, this information was uncovered recently!

Hello all,

I think point 1 and 2 are correct. From the Who was Arroya Grande Jane Doe FB site:

Post by Who Was Arroyo Grande Jane Doe? Oh, and her dental charts indicate she was most likely 17-18 (DOB 1962-1963) but she may have been a bit older or younger.

I don't remember the possible fractured jaw though.

I think point 1 and 2 are correct. From the Who was Arroya Grande Jane Doe FB site:

Post by Who Was Arroyo Grande Jane Doe? Oh, and her dental charts indicate she was most likely 17-18 (DOB 1962-1963) but she may have been a bit older or younger.

I don't remember the possible fractured jaw though.
So do i, i remember reading about her tooth knocked out during the assault and that she was sexually assaulted.

It was just stated on a facebook page related to Forensic Genealogy, that one of the Forensic Genealogy groups is currently working the Arroyo Grande and Valentine Sally cases.

Last edited:
It was just stated on a facebook page related to Forensic Genealogy, that one of the Forensic Genealogy groups is currently working the Arroyo Grande and Valentine Sally cases.

That is fantastic news, Carl! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This girl really looks like a migrant or descendant of migrants from Eastern Europe because of her phenotype. The balkan heritage is also not worth crossing out, since (and I'm from eastern slavic) i think that its type is more similar to the latvian one.

And I'm happy that her case is being handled. I really want her name back and her family to know what happened to her.

Today marks the 40th anniversary, may Jane Arroyo Grande Dow reclaim her identity back and the justice that she deserves for her unjustified murder.

May justice be unforgiving.
I'm surprised there hasn't been any newspaper articles or stories commemorating the 40th anniversary. Fingers crossed that the genetic genealogy process is going well and they are close to an identity, in any case.

She looks more like she could be of south Slavic heritage ie maybe Bulgaria or the former Yugoslav states.I know Chicago did have a thriving Serbian community.not sure if they still do

Many Albanians in Montenegro are mixed with Bosnian.many Albanians in Montenegro identify as Bosnian on census records.I come from the North Albania/South Montenegro border region and many Muslim Albanians have a Slavic influenced phenotype

She has wavyish/somewhat curly hair.Russians and Ukrainians don't really have curly/wavy hair.south Slavs often have curly and wavy hair but that is due to indigenous balkanic/eastern Mediterranean DNA that they have since the Slavic people in the Balkans have assimilated the native people's they encountered

" She has wavyish somewhat curly hair."

Just wanted to point out that in 1980, the " curly perm" hairstyle was still all the rage. ( Think Olivia Newton-John as Sandy at the end of Grease. ) Arroyo's wavy hair could be the result of a perm that had mostly grown out. Would it be possible for Carl K. to take his recon and add a curly perm hairstyle? Could he also take his recon and add a Farrah Fawcett flipped back hairstyle that was popular in the late 1970s?
Arroyo was most likely a middle/high school student circa 1977-79 - someone might remember her if they saw her with those types of hairstyles instead.
Below is a Farrah type hairstyle, achieved with a curling iron and can(s) of hairspray. The image is takes from a pinterest page and is of a random person, but gives the overall look of the hairstyle that was very popular with teens at the time. The second image is of a random British woman with the curly perm style in 1979.

iu
iu

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member