GUILTY NV - O.J. Simpson charged in Las Vegas armed robbery, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TG, :blowkiss:,

Didn't we do this trial together before? or was that SP? I did the first OJ trial from the day of the murder until the acquittal (which we watched on TV in my classroom). His daughter has known it for quite a while>last I heard, the youngest son, Justin, was in denial. OJ was living with a drug addicted look alike Nicole. So, maybe the good Lord is preparing his "take-down" once and for all. We can only pray.:praying:

Hiya Hallow!!! :blowkiss: No, we didn't go through the first trial together. I was obsessed with it, like the Peterson case, but I didn't even know about WS back then... *sniff* Which daughter has known it for awhile, Sydney? God, that poor thing. I thought the older daughter Arnelle was standing behind him, but of course that was years ago. As for the drug addicted Nicole look alike, I believe OJ recently beat her within an inch of her life as well, but said she "tripped" at the gas station. Like, every bone in her body was broken.......unbelievable. I truly hope this trial puts him away for good.:mad:

I tried to find a thread on this, but doesn't look like there is one. Is anyone following this trial?? (Does anyone care, lol). I care just in that I'd live to see him spend his arse behind jail for a while.

So, anyone who is following this - how is it looking? Does it look like he is going to get off AGAIN, or do you think he is going to spend time in the slammer?

Mods - if the general concensus is that he will be convicted this time, please move this thread to NEWS THAT MAKES YOU SMILE!!!!!:Banane48:

I tried to find a thread on this, but doesn't look like there is one. Is anyone following this trial?? (Does anyone care, lol). I care just in that I'd live to see him spend his arse behind jail for a while.

So, anyone who is following this - how is it looking? Does it look like he is going to get off AGAIN, or do you think he is going to spend time in the slammer?

Mods - if the general concensus is that he will be convicted this time, please move this thread to NEWS THAT MAKES YOU SMILE!!!!!:Banane48:

I'm interested. I want to see justice served on this !!!

Hi all, I have been home ill for almost 2 weeks and have watched allittle on what used to be CTV because Beth Karas is there and I love her from the Peterson case. You are right, not many in the gallery and he is not getting the attention this time around.

This Judge is impressive and does not play to the cameras. She is no nonsense and it is too bad she was not the presiding Judge the first time. She really is all business. The OJ attorney I heard today was way obnoxious, go figure, and she keeps everything under control. He was cross examining a states witness (one of the co defs) and he very condescendingly says "Here are the ground rules" The Judge interrrupted him and said the ONLY one in the courtroom that will give out any "ground rules" is the court.:clap::clap:

Sounds like the Jurors are very attentive and OJ sits there with the same disgusting smirk that he had during the first trial.

Hope this helps.

Hello Poco,

For what its worth, I'm following this trial as often as I can. I'm hoping the jury doesn't get swayed or overcome by the wafts of nauseous air that breezes by during this trial (the nausea that could occur thinking about some of the witnesses). An ace is an ace is an ace, and a "Juice" who wanted to "show" brute force to scare someone else into "giving up" what they had in their possession (even if he thought it was his, stolen or otherwise) is CLEAR.

OJ could have arranged this meeting with LE, he did not. He could have arranged a one on one, or one on two meeting with these people to discuss. He could have arranged this meeting with his attorney, good old Yale. He did not. OJ wanted the stuff in question to come back into HIS possession for whatever reason, AND he was happy enough to do it by force and without using "normal legal methods." OJ didn't want to pay for this stuff, he didn't want CA to know he was getting it (due to the "turnover" order, of things that had value that were due to the Goldman's). If this only had "minimal keepsake value," then it had little value to anyone but OJ. No one would have busted him for paying, in increments, to get back photos of his family, or "hardly" valuable things, except to him. EVEN if these were stolen, these were NO LONGER his.

All together, it is very clear that this occurred because OJ was not going to do things the "right way" and that this wasn't just pictures of mommy and daddy and kids, keepsakes only valuable to the family. OJ wanted things of "value," and the coward wanted a "club of looking guys" to accompany him. Those guys got involved because OJ called them in, not because they heard his torment over keepsakes and volunteered.

Now then, if the jury can sort through the "refuse" and get to the simple truth, OJ will be busted.

Wrinkles

Hello Poco,

For what its worth, I'm following this trial as often as I can. I'm hoping the jury doesn't get swayed or overcome by the wafts of nauseous air that breezes by during this trial (the nausea that could occur thinking about some of the witnesses). An ace is an ace is an ace, and a "Juice" who wanted to "show" brute force to scare someone else into "giving up" what they had in their possession (even if he thought it was his, stolen or otherwise) is CLEAR.

OJ could have arranged this meeting with LE, he did not. He could have arranged a one on one, or one on two meeting with these people to discuss. He could have arranged this meeting with his attorney, good old Yale. He did not. OJ wanted the stuff in question to come back into HIS possession for whatever reason, AND he was happy enough to do it by force and without using "normal legal methods." OJ didn't want to pay for this stuff, he didn't want CA to know he was getting it (due to the "turnover" order, of things that had value that were due to the Goldman's). If this only had "minimal keepsake value," then it had little value to anyone but OJ. No one would have busted him for paying, in increments, to get back photos of his family, or "hardly" valuable things, except to him. EVEN if these were stolen, these were NO LONGER his.

All together, it is very clear that this occurred because OJ was not going to do things the "right way" and that this wasn't just pictures of mommy and daddy and kids, keepsakes only valuable to the family. OJ wanted things of "value," and the coward wanted a "club of looking guys" to accompany him. Those guys got involved because OJ called them in, not because they heard his torment over keepsakes and volunteered.

Now then, if the jury can sort through the "refuse" and get to the simple truth, OJ will be busted.

Wrinkles

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Well said!!

How do you perceive the courtroom antics of the def team??

Do you agree with me about the Judge??

Will the property that was recovered go to the Goldmans now after the trial is over??

Hiya BigGirl,

Thanks so much for writing :) It is nice to be in touch with someone else watching this.

You asked about my feelings on the judge, your feelings were:
>>This Judge is impressive and does not play to the cameras. She is no nonsense and it is too bad she was not the presiding Judge the first time. She really is all business.<<

I like this judge. She has her hands full in this case with the obnoxious antics of the defense, but she is working on the control. She may be "too nice" in how she tries to control things, or she might have gotten them their clue by now. On the other hand, I am no expert on how judges can control things over the long haul of a trial (I wouldn't want her job.)

I would like to feel more secure about the judge than I do for a couple of reasons, which I will leave unstated (in the event that the defense is schlepping through forums for any help.)

Finally, I admire the judge and hope that she stays very clear through the entirety of this trial. In my opinion, the people shouldn't have to go through this cost a second time when the truth is so right in front of everyone.

Now then, having said that... I had a thought today. Can you imagine watching videos of people exiting the hotel and seeing a bunch of grown men walking out of the doors of this hotel some with "pillow cases full" of things, others with boxes and no one saying, WOAH what have we here?

BigGirl, are you aware of hotel exit videos of these people?

Wrinkles

First of all, O.J. Simpson did not expect Fromong or Beardsley to call 911, and didn't realize Riccio was recording it. He thought he would walk in and walk out with the items. Simpson is on tape planning what happened and carrying it out ("Don't let nobody leave this room.")

Simpson should go down for Armed Robbery at the least. Rarely will the prosecution have a defendant on tape as they do here.

First of all, O.J. Simpson did not expect Fromong or Beardsley to call 911, and didn't realize Riccio was recording it. He thought he would walk in and walk out with the items. Simpson is on tape planning what happened and carrying it out ("Don't let nobody leave this room.")

Simpson should go down for Armed Robbery at the least. Rarely will the prosecution have a defendant on tape as they do here.

Oh how I hope he gets life in prison, lol........ thanks for the updates guys!

Probably a hung jury - OJ was way overcharged :behindbar

Hey Wrinkles,

Thank you for answering me.

Fortunately my illness is over, unfortunately I cannot watch it live anymore.

I saw videos of them gathering in the lobby all standing around OJ but I do not remember seeing any of the exit. They must exist because everything else is on tape.

I heard the Prosecution may rest today. I hope for a Jury that looks at the facts and does what they need to do.

As for the poster who says he was "overcharged". I totally disagree! I think due to the fact that there were guns involved, armed robbery is very suiting.

Hello BigGirl

Well, now, I didn't realize that someone said he was overcharged, but I just saw it :) That is funny :)

OJ wanted to look "menacing," HE SAID IT! Did you see the tape transcript today, if not, it was there. OJ prompted bringing "heat." This is called sticking a gun at someone. I have guns and I would never point one at ANYONE unless I wanted them feeling threatened for their life.

OJ headed the "feeling endangered" of the "heat." He was the head of this, he was wrong, and I hope the jury sees how clear this is.

Someone on TV said this in a way far clearer than I did earlier. OJ wanted something and he was willing to do it by illegal means. He was in the wrong, and I don't care what the "victims" say now, they KNOW what he did to them, as do the room full of dodos that went alongside -- some "getting it" now that their butts are on the line. Anyone with a brain gets this, it is just so easy. OJ, plain and simple was the proliferator of armed robbery.

I can't wait until the jury takes this. I am sick of OJ's high eyebrowed, p#ssy "what me?" smug muttering face. IF any jury does not agree on this, then someone on them does not understand 2+2 or that the sun rises and sets. Now that would be pathetic.

Stupidity? Yeah, OJ is the king of stupidity, but he is also the king of thinking he can get away with murder because he literally has. That is sickening. I hope that his stupidity in this matter gets him out of all of our sight for the rest of his life.

Wrinkles

How can he be "overcharged" when all charges are legit?:confused:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He WAS overcharged because OJ can do anything he wants to anybody and it is OK because he IS OJ. The law never has applied to him.

He thought he could beat up Nicole because who is going to believe her when he is OJ???

This mindset will hopefully as Wrinkles has said keep him out of our sight for the rest of his pathetic life.:behindbar:behindbar

Wrinkles, keep in touch with what is happening in the trial. I am back at work and it really is tough not seeing it.

Yes thank you Wrinkles for the updates, I live in Canada and I don't receive the channel it is being shown on so I really appreciate the news. Does anyone know what the possible jail time would be for the crimes he has been charged with?

Hello Bing1,

To my knowledge, if guilty on the charged crimes, the sentence could be life in prison. It would certainly be more than the zero years that OJ was given for the murder of his wife wherein the jury let him go.

I was not able to focus on the trial today, so cannot really update much. One of the gun toting witnesses was on the stand today, grilled by the attornies. Of course, OJ's attornies would like nothing more than to prove that he had nothing to do with having people bring guns into the matter.

Tomorrow, I believe there is no court. I think that court begins again on Wednesday.

Wrinkles

Thanks Wrinkles!!

HMMMMM life in prison sounds just like what the Dr. ordered for this "I am above the law" guy!:behindbar:clap:

WOAH, Scotto, OJ's buddy is on the stand (first thing this Wednesday morn). Is this guy falling asleep, medicated, huh? He appears that he can hardly keep his eyes open.

Scotto says that OJ is his best friend. I'd like to know more about Scotto. I found one beginning article, I will keep looking.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/67198?tid=relatedcl

>>Scotto was the Miami body-shop owner and Simpson golf buddy who asked Simpson to don a tux and serve as the best man at Scotto's Vegas wedding.<<

Evidently, the prosecutor "reserved the right" to ask Scotto if he ordered a hit on Alexander, one of the guys carrying a gun in this, because supposedly he was trying to extort Scotto when he "asked for help" with, maybe, the ability to help their buddy OJ. Its complicated, but this will be interesting to see if the prosecutor goes there.

Wrinkles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members