GUILTY NV - Randi Ardon, 2 mos, body found burned, Sparks, 6 March 2011

The hospital would send the child home, not hospice. Hospice would come into her home for care.

What can I tell ya? The articles say she was released from hospice to live with mother.

Hospice only cares for those at the stage of imminent death. I can only assume they decided this baby was not at risk for imminent death and therefore released her to her mothers care until such time the baby met the criteria for hospice care.

Hospice only cares for those at the stage of imminent death. I can only assume they decided this baby was not at risk for imminent death and therefore released her to her mothers care until such time the baby met the criteria for hospice care.

If those articles are correct that she was released from hospice care to live with mother, then that would be my guess too. If the death wasn't imminent then presumably the hospice wouldn't keep her.

Very likely hospice "released" the baby meaning, they quit coming.
Not like "released" from the hospital, or jail.
People are also "released" from probation and parole.

Meaning, they were coming in and taking care of the baby but the baby wasn't dying, so they stopped coming.

Hospice generally isn't like a hospital, or a nursing home... it's more like the cable guy, or the home health people.

They come into the home and help, take care of the person, prepare the family for the death.

Here there is not a building where you take your child that says "Hospice, admitting here." They just come to you.

If this woman couldn't handle it, she should have told the Hospice people that when they were leaving.
It was that simple. This baby didn't deserve to be burned alive. :twocents:

If the mother was given morphine to administer to the child does it mean that hospice personnel wasn't coming anymore to take care of the child, otherwise wouldn't they do it themselves? I am not convinced this child was terminal, but even if she were going to die soon, I don't think what happened to her was right.

At this point I am choosing to believe the child was dead before being set on fire.

What I am gathering the baby was released from the hospital to her mom. Hospice hadn't yet started and mom probably overdosed the baby and panicked

At this point I am choosing to believe the child was dead before being set on fire.

What I am gathering the baby was released from the hospital to her mom. Hospice hadn't yet started and mom probably overdosed the baby and panicked

The articles we have so far contradict each other on whether the autopsy showed if the child was alive or dead before burned. But even if we are subjected to bad reporting, prosecution should know which one is it. Sticking a baby (whether a live or dead) into a plastic bag and burning it seems like a totally normal response to panic. Totally understandable, of course.

When my father was dying, my mother administered his morphine when hospice wasn't there. They don't stay around the clock. They just help out. At least that is my experience with them. They would come and stay with him when my mom had to work at their store. Other than that, the family took care of him.

When i cared for my grandmother, they came 1 hour per day unless i had an appt. then they'd come for the 1 hour plus while i was gone to the OB. Otherwise, her care was up to me.

I am sure there are guidelines and protocols for hospice, The baby might have needed more care then Hospice covers, such as round the clock home health care which might conflict with other services and even though she might still meet hospice care criteria other services the baby might have needed may have been it conflicked and made it better for hopice to release her.

I have not heard any reports of anyone debating the medical condition or saying she had improved so I believe she was close to passing on, and I also doubt the mother lite the baby on fire while alive, I do believe the mother was scared.

From personal exp. When my dd was receiving care ,we were threatend with S.S. when we refused certain treatments , we still refused but they did try to intimidate us into a "study " we had no interest in. Our DD's treatment plan went well so we never had to face S.S on any of those issues ,but they did visit the hospital and question her home care and inspected our house before she was released from the hospital even though there were no prior reports of anything. We were young and didnt know that we were not required to let them in. Now I talk to no one without a court order,and a lawyer.
It was all very overwhelming. S.S. was very pushy and threatening for whatever it was they were trying to accomplish . When we figured they had some motive which we guessed had to do with sick children we stopped engaging them but we had to asked everyone who came into see us in the hospital room for credentials . I felt they circled like sharks ,tying to get us to join the research study ,trying to find a way into our lives ..etc.etc..

I wanted to post this for comparison. Here are the parents trying to do everything possible for a child with this same disorder.

"Three-year-old Amelia Rivera of Stratford, N.J. needs the transplant because of complications from Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome, described by WebMD as "an extremely rare chromosomal disorder caused by a partial deletion (monosomy) of the short arm of chromosome 4."
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...abled-Child-Transplant-Surgery-137437788.html

I wanted to post this for comparison. Here are the parents trying to do everything possible for a child with this same disorder.

"Three-year-old Amelia Rivera of Stratford, N.J. needs the transplant because of complications from Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome, described by WebMD as "an extremely rare chromosomal disorder caused by a partial deletion (monosomy) of the short arm of chromosome 4."
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...abled-Child-Transplant-Surgery-137437788.html

This article has me fuming! Unbelievable!

This article has me fuming! Unbelievable!

It's quite a contrast, isn't it? These parents are trying to do everything for their child, while the woman we are discussing allegedly stuck her child's body (whether dead or alive, not clear at this point) in a plastic bag and lit it on fire. Both children have the same genetic disorder.

It's quite a contrast, isn't it? These parents are trying to do everything for their child, while the woman we are discussing allegedly stuck her child's body (whether dead or alive, not clear at this point) in a plastic bag and lit it on fire. Both children have the same genetic disorder.

Not just the parents.
There are thousands of us... trying to make sure that Mia gets her transplant.

There are dozens of us who have been contacting the media... making it clear that ALL they want is the SURGERY... they don't need a kidney.
All these people want is for the surgery itself to be performed. They aren't asking for an organ from someone else.

Yet this woman... couldn't even give her child a proper burial? Even if she DID die of natural causes?

Thousands of complete strangers are doing more for Mia... than Brandy's own mother did for her.

Yes... the contrast is completely astonishing. :twocents:

If the mother was given morphine to administer to the child does it mean that hospice personnel wasn't coming anymore to take care of the child, otherwise wouldn't they do it themselves? I am not convinced this child was terminal, but even if she were going to die soon, I don't think what happened to her was right.

Hospice nurses come to your house and set up an individual program for what the patient needs.

She will give them a start up pack of medication and supplies and then more will be delivered to your home. She will tell you the amount of medication, the time between medication and the route of medication. She will go over any type of care that is required.

The usually stop in every day just to see how things are going and be available by phone 24/7.

Have we any information on the COD yet?

Not that I have seen. Her trial is slated for October, if they arrest her for murder before then I guess we'll get more information otherwise I'm not expecting to hear much. I'm also not expecting murder charges, I think this DA is going to assume a jury would have sympathy for this ''poor woman'' caring for her terminally ill child and they are going to go with the accidental death/panic. :banghead: :banghead:

How long the children in this condition are going to live likely depends, at least in part, on what kind of care they are given. We have some people fighting for their children, and some, well not so much.

Just a couple things I have seen and sort of wanted to address. Hospice is not just an in-home service, it can sometimes be a hospital service. The idea is that no one really leaves hospice, as it is solely for end of life care, but people can be released from hospital hospice, either because they improved slightly or because a family mmeber requested training to let them provide that end of life care in a more comfortable environment. My grandmother was in hospital hospice for several weeks with no change, and my mother requested to bring her home to die. She was released from hospital hospice, and sent home with only a visiting nurse that only came out twice a week after the training was done.

ALso, the effects of WHS are not always as bad as are being portrayed here. While they can be devestating, and are very difficult to deal with for both families and the individual, they have discovered that where it was once thought that these developmental delays were always severe, it has been discovered that sometimes WHS patients are only mildly delayed, but their physical disabilities may speech very difficult. Through alternative methods of communication, it has been shown that they have reasoning powers and true intelligence that goes far beyond their damaged abilities to communicate orally.

I was willing to cut this woman a lot of slack in the beginning, before the news came out that the baby was still possibly alive when she was killed. Not so much anymore.

I'm sorry, but if that mother cared one tiny bit about that baby, she would have been unable to set her on fire, dead or alive. What a disgusting thing to do to a child. Panicked and scared? Horse feathers. I believe she murdered this baby because she didn't want to care for her and then burned the body to deter a COD from being determined. She should rot in prison for a number of years. She could have put the baby up for adoption if she couldn't handle it. The complete lack of empathy that we have been seeing towards babies is heartbreaking and maddening. When are they going to get it? There are other options.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back