NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

Good points and I argee there probably wasn't any sort of real business going on here...we're probably talking about a full fledged drug distributor who had low level street dealers playing courier for him.

As for having lots of prescription bottles around, makes you wonder if these we're just stolen meds with other people's names on them, or falsely labeled or not labeled at it. I would think it would be highly unusual for an actual dealer to package products in real pharmacy amber bottles, as little baggies have always been a favorite for drug peddlers, so that was an unusual observation from the roommate.

And your right, chances are with any past convictions it would be near impossible to start an actual delivery business for pharmacies. Plus, I'm pretty familiar with the pharmacy trade - most businesses handle delivery two ways: in house with their own employees doing it or hiring a third party courier that has the proper credentials to do this...no one is going to hand over customer information, money and narcotics to just anyone who claims to run a delivery service.

Overall, to me it's quite believable. But it does add a frustrating element to it. With the drug trade, there's a lot of layers to it. Steven may have been put into contact with one or more street level dealers directing him where to go, who to meet. What could have been arranged by the LL could have been passed on to other people who move the product, becoming more detached from the main dealer as it moves down the line to be sold.

The person at the top just buys and sells in bulk typically. Smaller portions are bought and sold and dealers keep selling it off until it makes its way to the street. The LL could very well have no idea what happened because the likely passed Steven off as a courier and let others channel it off into the hands of the user.

At that point, Steven is pretty expendable. The kingpin sold his share, so it doesn't matter to him and now that the product has moved down the supply line the only person truly affected is the street dealer who bought his share and has the contacts to unload then products. So, at that point if something happens to Steven, he's lost money but it's not like he will go to police about it.

There's so much movement from buyer to seller than who knows if anyone has the faintest idea of what may have happened. Pretty sad.

Excellent point, there is a long chain usually from the main supplier to the actual dealers, who knows where Steven got caught up exactly. Another thing the roommate said was that the landlord always used rental cars to make his deliveries, another thing that makes it all sound very shady. I wonder if Steven actually went to Anthem to meet another person and make the rounds with them, maybe the other person was showing him the ropes of the delivery business before he went out on his own. Or perhaps Anthem is where he went to pick up the drugs, I’ve heard plenty of stories of people selling their own or relative’s prescriptions for a quick buck and retirement communities are full of people on prescription pills.

I really wonder how much law enforcement talked to the roommate when this all happened, he was already living somewhere else so maybe they didn’t think he’d have much info regarding Steven’s disappearance. The roommate had a few minor incidents with the law before this so maybe he wasn’t inclined to be up front with them. On the other hand, maybe he relayed all this info to law enforcement but they just didn’t have enough evidence to work off of. It is quite frustrating.

Maybe his landlord owned a Medical Marijuana dispensary delivery service.....jmo

Thank you, Sassy, for looking deeper. I find it hard to believe certain people weren't questioned by LE but I'm not really surprised. There is more than one investigating agency and I don't believe anyone was really concerned in the beginning so it's entirely possible plenty of information fell through the cracks.

Considering the "prescription delivery service" theory, Steven could be anywhere. Makes me so sad.

Thank you, Sassy, for looking deeper. I find it hard to believe certain people weren't questioned by LE but I'm not really surprised. There is more than one investigating agency and I don't believe anyone was really concerned in the beginning so it's entirely possible plenty of information fell through the cracks.

Considering the "prescription delivery service" theory, Steven could be anywhere. Makes me so sad.

Me too, by all accounts Steven sounded like a nice guy who was just trying to make his way in the world.

Sorry to post and never respond back, my father became very ill early this year and just recently passed away.

ID Discovery is playing all the old Disappeared episodes and I just rewatched the episode about Steven. Afterwards, I got on Facebook and looked to see if there were any groups dedicated to his case and found a few. One was private so I requested to become a member and was just accepted yesterday. Most of the discussion on there is not much different than on here but I did see one VERY interesting thing. Last summer, one of the members (sounds like he may be a reporter?) stated that he spoke to Steven’s roommate shortly after Steven’s disappearance. He said the roommate was friendly and forthcoming, telling him that Steven was a good guy who never drank or smoked and had never been to Las Vegas. He then went on to say that the landlord ran a prescription delivery service in Las Vegas. He said the landlord was always showing up at the rental with bottles of pills.

So here’s what I think: Steven agreed to work for his landlord delivering prescriptions in Las Vegas as well as other areas (this would explain all the driving around). One day he was sent to Sun City Anthem on a delivery (lots of old people, lots of prescription meds needed) and at one of his stops he was robbed and killed. The perp took everything Steven had on him (including his phone) and went to several locations that day with Steven’s phone pinging as he went. Finally, the next morning he tossed the phone as he was driving down the highway. I think the landlord knows something bad happened to Steven on one of his deliveries but didn’t want to get involved and have the police checking him out.

Another interesting note is that the roommate claimed the day he moved in the landlord had 40-50 guns laying on the couch…

Very interesting information, with a business such as this, would probably involve prescription pain killers that are really in high demand and very likely to attract the attention of some very bad people. Possibly relatives or even acquaintances to some of the elderly folks that lived in Sun City. There are more people than we realize who are on prescription pain meds, not to mention other drugs such as Benzodiazepines, and yes, medical marijuana. And if it wasn't even legal prescriptions, who knows. I wonder if there's a pharmacist involved in this "business". I'm beginning to wonder if LE has even investigated Steven's case. :(

Sorry for your loss Sassy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe Sassy's scenario more than a lot of the others that were floating around. I don't believe he was gay; he might've been upset about his financial situation, but I don't think he killed himself. I also don't think he took off and is living off the grid. I wondered why he had calls from his landlord, so that would explain it if Steven was working for him. I thought at the very least that maybe Steven attempted to help someone shady and they abducted him. Sadly, I believe Steven is not alive. I think they should keep checking the desert or the hills above Henderson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We recently had a case of a missing man in FL. At first lots thought he just took off, but the circumstances surrounding his disappearance didn't look like that was the case, a bit like this. He was found in a small lake a few weeks ago. He fell asleep at the wheel of the truck and went into a lake. The only reason they knew this, was because someone saw the truck go into off the road and into the lake. They did recover his body, and that was a huge thing for the family, or they would still think foul play or he just started a new life.

I believe Sassy's scenario more than a lot of the others that were floating around. I don't believe he was gay; he might've been upset about his financial situation, but I don't think he killed himself. I also don't think he took off and is living off the grid. I wondered why he had calls from his landlord, so that would explain it if Steven was working for him. I thought at the very least that maybe Steven attempted to help someone shady and they abducted him. Sadly, I believe Steven is not alive. I think they should keep checking the desert or the hills above Henderson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The frequent calls from the landlord around the time he went to Henderson has always been a red flag to me. Landlord/tenant relationships don't typically require tons of communication when he's not even at the residence.

The big oddity here was a call the day after he walked away from his car...at 6 or 7 am either to or from the LL. Strange time to be calling...

The frequent calls from the landlord around the time he went to Henderson has always been a red flag to me. Landlord/tenant relationships don't typically require tons of communication when he's not even at the residence.

The big oddity here was a call the day after he walked away from his car...at 6 or 7 am either to or from the LL. Strange time to be calling...

I totally agree, the LL is the key to this case. JMO

Very plausible theory imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's becoming increasingly obvious that he was delivering drugs for his landlord and the deal went sour.

I recently watched a show where Las Vegas LE stated approximately 2,000 people a year go missing in the Las Vegas area. I found that hard to believe but I got on their website and sure enough, it is true. That being said, how seriously do you think law enforcement took Steven’s case? He’s just one guy out of two thousand and with no signs of foul play or anything else suspicious found linked to him, the police probably chalked it up as some guy who wanted to start a new life, etc. and left it at that. I find this very frustrating considering the things I keep reading about the landlord.

I think about Steven all the time. It blows my mind how someone can just disappear. Walk past a security camera and then poof! Never seen again.

I think about Steven all the time. It blows my mind how someone can just disappear. Walk past a security camera and then poof! Never seen again.
The security cam certainly adds an extra element of mystery to it.

I really think Steven ran into a dangerous situation at some point in his travels, though I am curious as to what happened after he walked past that camera.

Did he find himself in harms way at a home there? Did he have a car waiting for him there for a job or another assignment? So many questions with this one.

The security cam certainly adds an extra element of mystery to it.

I really think Steven ran into a dangerous situation at some point in his travels, though I am curious as to what happened after he walked past that camera.

Did he find himself in harms way at a home there? Did he have a car waiting for him there for a job or another assignment? So many questions with this one.

I agree. I find it hard to believe that he just picked this random area of a neighborhood to leave his car and walk away from his life. Someone hurt him there or picked him up and hurt him somewhere else. I just wish we would get new information.

Sadly, I think the only way this case will get any attention from law enforcement now is if Steven’s remains are found and there is evidence of foul play or someone who knows what happened speaks up.

Sadly, I think the only way this case will get any attention from law enforcement now is if Steven’s remains are found and there is evidence of foul play or someone who knows what happened speaks up.
It could also be a situation where LE has a an idea of what happened but without a body they can't prove it. Perhaps with a viable suspect already in jail they don't have much leverage to try and get further information.

It never really seemed like there was much police involvement here so I'm thinking they are incredibly lax or know far more than we think but cannot go further without someone speaking up or finding evidence.

It's been over 2 years since the last search, and no new news since then, but this is still a case I think of often and hope for resolution.

I did take some time to go back and read the majority of the this thread, from the beginning, including the LL wife comments, the layothian time line/theories, stuff from his cousin and all the random bits and pieces throughout the years.

There's still no easy answer here, there's no prevailing theory that is infallible. It's hard to say if Steven was keeping the exact details of his trip a secret or if simply no one bothered to ask. He certainly didn't hide being in the Vegas area, but really no one seemed to press any further. Would he have shared further details? We just don't know.

However, we know he did a lot of driving, we know some details of the trip but a lot remains a mystery and unaccounted for. For instance, the morning he spoke to GW, that was hours before he pulled up to SCA and left his car behind. What was he doing in the meantime? His receipts are scarce so it's hard to gather any sense of what he was doing from that, yet his phone pings in the area - so we know he's there in the Vegas area, but we don't know his exact purpose.

The trip to the Ranch to try and see his female friend, returning home late the day before...it still seems he wasn't strictly bound to a certain obligation and had some free time during the prior travel. So if he was doing some sort of work during that time it still left him with some to do other things.

But really we don't know if him parking at SCA was the beginning, middle or end of some any type of job related activity he was participating in. But when he got there he looked quite "business casual", he walked like he knew where he was going, he arrived exactly at noon and had what looked to be a folder with him.

It's hard to really disregard this because it seemed very much like a meeting.

Yet, no one in that area has come forward stating they met with him. To me that means there was no legitimate opportunity there for him; he either was harmed at a house (or perhaps driven elsewhere) or he was being picked up by car and he wasn't looking for a specific address at all.

I believe anyone there who ran a real business who may have actually interviewed Steven for a job would have relayed this to police. Obviously if they were involved in any way, or dealt with illegal activities they would not contact police. Again, this would kind of corroborate of foul play.

I know this all has been discussed to death previously, but I think we've pieced together some reasonable scenarios but what remains missing is the "who" or "why" part of it. Someone out there knows something and the only way I think we'll see progress is to get a fresh set of eyes to start over from the beginning on this.

It's been over 2 years since the last search, and no new news since then, but this is still a case I think of often and hope for resolution.

I know this all has been discussed to death previously, but I think we've pieced together some reasonable scenarios but what remains missing is the "who" or "why" part of it. Someone out there knows something and the only way I think we'll see progress is to get a fresh set of eyes to start over from the beginning on this.

Fresh eyes, more information, and/or a body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back