NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!

ldsmissionaries.com just comes up with a placeholder "coming soon"

http://mission.net/ looks hopeful.
It's a private site not affiliated with the LDS church, and actually is a network of individual mission websites, separately maintained.
There's four separate mission fields in Sao Paolo!
Brazil Sao Paulo East
Brazil Sao Paulo Interlagos
Brazil Sao Paulo North
Brazil Sao Paulo South

Anyway, I went through all four searching for "Koecher", and got no indication he'd ever registered.

Has his mission partner (or partners) ever shown up on the FB page? Ever been contacted by family or the PI? That might be helpful - in terms of learning what kind of connections he made with the locals in Brazil.

bbm
Based on the call with his Dad, I think they knew fairly early in December.

Sometimes I think after that call he became more determined to make it on his own without family help. That is why I think he didn't cash the check he had also. moo

Good point. We don't know how much help he'd received, prior to this.

He'd had that check since October. I always wonder if he was kinda disorganized, and lost it (and ashamed to ask for another). We don't know how much it was for; it was around the time of his birthday.

Good point. We don't know how much help he'd received, prior to this.

He'd had that check since October. I always wonder if he was kinda disorganized, and lost it (and ashamed to ask for another). We don't know how much it was for; it was around the time of his birthday.

It would be interesting to know if that check was found in his room in St. George.

Has his mission partner (or partners) ever shown up on the FB page?

Yes; I've seen some of his fellow missionaries post there. I don't know which were his companion(s).

Ever been contacted by family or the PI? That might be helpful - in terms of learning what kind of connections he made with the locals in Brazil.

I'd be surprised if it's not been done. (Likely not through the PI, but through church contacts and known companions.)

Yes; I've seen some of his fellow missionaries post there. I don't know which were his companion(s).

I'd be surprised if it's not been done. (Likely not through the PI, but through church contacts and known companions.)

I'd be surprised too - but I take nothing for granted.

Please Note: It is against WS TOS to copy and carry posts from this website to other websites. It is NEVER okay to copy someone's post/work and present it elsewhere without their permission.

If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact one of the mods.

Thank you,

Salem

I have been reading the post, but have not written for awhile. But many thoughts about sk as I have been reading.

Some think sk moved to be far away from family. I do not feel that way. I feel he moved for independence, new friends, a new fun place to live, and a new job.

I think he was close to his siblings, and did not miss out on things if possible.

Reading about him, he seemed happy, not a lot going on in his life socially, and maybe not real close friends, a more difficult time landing a job, but he was happy.

Maybe struggled finding romance too. A little shy in that area, or maybe a little backwords too.

A few of my girls know some of the siblings and say they are kind, funny, and just good people. Like their parents. I want to think sk is alot like them.

I know we have talked about these things, but I just want to think about what he was like. Who would want to hurt him, if he is ill, why he cannot be found, and if he left, why he would not contact his family'.

Nothing new, just my thoughts. Just feeling sad today about sk. I cannot even imagine NOT KNOWING, where he is.
Anyways, it is just wonderful to be ere, and know what caring people are here, and I know you feel some of my feelings too.

I have been reading the post, but have not written for awhile. But many thoughts about sk as I have been reading.

Some think sk moved to be far away from family. I do not feel that way. I feel he moved for independence, new friends, a new fun place to live, and a new job.

I think he was close to his siblings, and did not miss out on things if possible.

Reading about him, he seemed happy, not a lot going on in his life socially, and maybe not real close friends, a more difficult time landing a job, but he was happy.

Maybe struggled finding romance too. A little shy in that area, or maybe a little backwords too.

A few of my girls know some of the siblings and say they are kind, funny, and just good people. Like their parents. I want to think sk is alot like them.

I know we have talked about these things, but I just want to think about what he was like. Who would want to hurt him, if he is ill, why he cannot be found, and if he left, why he would not contact his family'.

Nothing new, just my thoughts. Just feeling sad today about sk. I cannot even imagine NOT KNOWING, where he is.
Anyways, it is just wonderful to be ere, and know what caring people are here, and I know you feel some of my feelings too.

I've been thinking he may have moved to St George, because it was a more conservative area. Smaller area, temple right in the middle of the town, better weather. He could have gone anywhere -- but he chose to stay in Utah.

SLC's pretty liberal compared to the rest of Utah -- and he was smack-dab in the middle of that worldly view.

Complete posts from these threads are being copy/pasted in their entirety to another blog in cyberspace. I cannot give you the name of the site because I dont know if it is an approved link here.

If you are a member of WS and you are doing this, it is a violation of our TOS. Each member here has a right to express their opinion without fear that it will be completely reproduced in another forum that they may not even belong to.

Please stop doing this, and consult the member whose posts you have copied to see if they mind finding their hard work and thought process reproduced on the other site. That is the LEAST you can do for your fellow posters here. :banghead:

I've been thinking he may have moved to St George, because it was a more conservative area. Smaller area, temple right in the middle of the town, better weather. He could have gone anywhere -- but he chose to stay in Utah.

SLC's pretty liberal compared to the rest of Utah -- and he was smack-dab in the middle of that worldly view.

That's very likely. What concerns me is what happened in his life after he got to St. George. Not only didn't he seem to forge strong bonds in his new community, but it seems he had lost or greatlly decreased touch with friends from his past. That worries me.

What direction do we go in now? We have covered so many areas several times. Anyone have any ideas?

What direction do we go in now? We have covered so many areas several times. Anyone have any ideas?

Honestly don't know RR. I will continue looking for Steven here in Vegas. Unless there is a new tip to which we are privvy, I just don't know.

Beginning to lose hope. There seem to be many who want the reward and have self-serving agendas to ensure they get it.

Honestly don't know RR. I will continue looking for Steven here in Vegas. Unless there is a new tip to which we are privvy, I just don't know.

Beginning to lose hope. There seem to be many who want the reward and have self-serving agendas to ensure they get it.

Well we won't lose hope, hang in there. Somehow something always surfaces that keeps us going.

Complete posts from these threads are being copy/pasted in their entirety to another blog in cyberspace. I cannot give you the name of the site because I dont know if it is an approved link here.

If you are a member of WS and you are doing this, it is a violation of our TOS. Each member here has a right to express their opinion without fear that it will be completely reproduced in another forum that they may not even belong to.

Please stop doing this, and consult the member whose posts you have copied to see if they mind finding their hard work and thought process reproduced on the other site. That is the LEAST you can do for your fellow posters here. :banghead:

That may be me, I guess, I quote enough to what I'm responding to to show what my response is to.

I don't come here that much and don't respond to that much, so hasn't been very many posts I've responded to and certainly won't be any more.

Also, it came to my attention today what the personal name that was sleuthed here is, and it was posted on my site. I did not know what that name was. I just edited it out and came over to let you know.

I could also just delete the whole SK thread. In nine years of posting on missing women I had never posted on a missing man before (except Ray Gricar and Jonathan Luna I think) and for some reason got involved in following this mystery because his name came up in Susan Powell's case.

It's no big deal to me.

peace
rd

That may be me, I guess, I quote enough to what I'm responding to to show what my response is to.

I don't come here that much and don't respond to that much, so hasn't been very many posts I've responded to and certainly won't be any more.

Also, it came to my attention today what the personal name that was sleuthed here is, and it was posted on my site. I did not know what that name was. I just edited it out and came over to let you know.

I could also just delete the whole SK thread. In nine years of posting on missing women I had never posted on a missing man before (except Ray Gricar and Jonathan Luna I think) and for some reason got involved in following this mystery because his name came up in Susan Powell's case.

It's no big deal to me.

peace
rd

It's a big deal to me. Erase my posts from your site. If I wanted to join there, I would have.

I'll delete the thread, Fairy1.

rd

I appreciate that rd.

Not really sure what you were trying to do there. And I'm not sure if you realize you gave a horrific troll another avenue to spew their hatred.

Getting back to Steven Koecher...

I will be looking for Steven again tomorrow in my travels. If he is still in the Vegas area, I hope to run across him.

And NOT for the reward. Just so everyone knows. I could not possibly care less.

Gosh, its so hard to know what direction to go. Do we try to look more into St. George friends, co-workers, neighbors? I mean, we really do not know who he knew in NV.

I saw a cold case on our local news this week, about a gal who was shot in 1979. The case was reopened last year, and the detective got a new tip, of who it was. So we never know when somebody or something may happen. Just have to keep news about sk circulating.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were missing people in newpapers with their pics everyday? And easy websites with pics of missing people, and people could leave messages if they saw them?

Boy, what money could do...

Mostly true. But in my daily travels, I don't focus on that theory alone.

If that's what he was referring to, he seems to have taken the lesson quite literally.

However, if that's what he was doing, he may very well have desired to walk away from all things worldly and live a very simple life. Depending on his definition of worldly, that may very well mean he is on the street somewhere.

I would ask why of many of the things he did do that we know about, wouldn't you?

My guess is, if he really did walk away and is ever found alive, it's not going to make any sense to most of us.

After attending the temple with my husband the other night and spending most of the session contemplating Steven, I have such a hard time with the theories of drugs, sexual encounter that he planned (I have a theory that involves this myself), or an actual decision to just leave his life after parking at noon and confidently walking away.

I left with this overwhelming feeling of sadness. The first thing that my husband said when we got in the car (not knowing what I had chosen to contemplate on during our session) was, "Have they found your man yet?" Yes, he calls Steven "my man" because I have spent hours reading here and also telling him about the little research I have done. We even spent one day during a recent business trip to Green Valley driving the "routes" so I could have a better understanding of the area.

Anyway, my point. I just keep having an overwhelming feeling that whatever happened to Steven started around Evening Lights. I guess I'm back to round one...maybe I'll get lucky and someone finally got sloppy.

And also...SK went to the temple prior to his disappearance...within weeks. I just don't believe that he decided to become homeless, maybe he decided something, but not that, during his session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member