NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it sending chills down someones spine yet?

No, actually. This theory I find completely implausible and impossible. MAY that not be Steven on the video? Ok, maybe. COULD it be someone who kind of looks like him (pretty average looking white male in khakis and dress shirt)? Perhaps. Are 99 percent of the people involved in this case involved in a 'coverup'? No. Just...no.

Then the other 5 scenarios for the "other person on video"
would be nonproductive. Right? And if there is another person pretending to be Steven, and he was not the perp, then we have just as many (probable) people involved in his disappearance as we would for a "favorable escape"---someone else's help assisting/planning---only known possible link in Vegas---GW or the distant cousin.

I agree the disappearance/switch of Steven after the AN visit is possible. But the motive for such an elaborate scheme is what boggles me.

In the other five scenarios, the "not Steven" is someone who merely parked the car.....not someone who impersonated him for five days before parking the car.

You're boggled for a reason. ;)

In the other five scenarios, the "not Steven" is someone who merely parked the car.....not someone who impersonated him for five days before parking the car.

You're boggled for a reason. ;)

Morning Lay, Where did you finally post the timeline? Link?

What difference does it make it someone had his car for 5 days or only one? It's still a "not Steven scenario" with the prospect of--- Where did the imposter/impersonator go? No?

Can we eliminate the 5 day thought? Let's try. Can anyone actually say they did SEE Steven and talked to him in person after the Ruby Valley sighting? Why did he not stop and see relatives or friends?

Maybe I got up too early this morning, but I can't seem to find the video interview of the parents discussed last night?:crazy: It's probably nothing, but Rolf was not wearing his wedding ring. Just noticied because of the up close shot of the hands. The new pic of Steven they had was a very nice one. He didn't have that baby boy look to him.

Morning Lay, Where did you finally post the timeline? Link?

What difference does it make it someone had his car for 5 days or only one? It's still a "not Steven scenario" with the prospect of--- Where did the imposter/impersonator go? No?

Can we eliminate the 5 day thought? Let's try. Can anyone actually say they did SEE Steven and talked to him in person after the Ruby Valley sighting? Why did he not stop and see relatives or friends?

Maybe I got up too early this morning, but I can't seem to find the video interview of the parents discussed last night?:crazy: It's probably nothing, but Rolf was not wearing his wedding ring. Just noticied because of the up close shot of the hands. The new pic of Steven they had was a very nice one. He didn't have that baby boy look to him.

I *attempted* to post the timeline link in the Deseret News forum, but it never appeared online. They censor heavily over there...and it seems the "mod" just puts everything posted after a certain time, on auto-block. It's no use now, because the story's over a day old and it's considered "archive" on that site.

I have many reasons why the "impersonator" theory is bogus...and actually listed many good reasons.

But it boils down to this:

"Hey, cops! We are a vast conspiracy who decided to cover up a crime by hiding the witness. We even hired an impersonator! NOW, we decided it wasn't such a good idea so we've decided to report the person we hid, as missing. Can you help us find him?"

I *attempted* to post the timeline link in the Deseret News forum, but it never appeared online. They censor heavily over there...and it seems the "mod" just puts everything posted after a certain time, on auto-block. It's no use now, because the story's over a day old and it's considered "archive" on that site.

I have many reasons why the "impersonator" theory is bogus...and actually listed many good reasons.

But it boils down to this:

"Hey, cops! We are a vast conspiracy who decided to cover up a crime by hiding the witness. We even hired an impersonator! NOW, we decided it wasn't such a good idea so we've decided to report the person we hid, as missing. Can you help us find him?"

I guess you are looking at it from a different view than I. I don't think there was a vast conspiracy, but there may have been foul play and not from the people who are trying to find him. KWIM I would still like to eliminate the possibility of a sighting. Someone not verifying his actual whereabouts on 1 day is normal, but 5? He goes to his boss on the 8th, gets cash, shows up in Ruby Valley the next morning and is never seen again or talked to in a personal conversation. Goes right by his entire family and old acquaintances, etc, but has no real contact with him except by phone. Unless GW saw him in the LV/H area that week-end or maybe earlier in the week at a church function. But we don't have that proof. Maybe the landlord (DH?) no proof. No videos on his purchases.
PLUS we have a crazy driving pattern that is not consist with an unemployed, financially strapped young man. Unless someone can provide proof of that from prior gas records.

LizB, I think you are the one that responded to the drug possibility, and that it had been checked out. I've been meaning to reply, but had forgotten.

Just a thought, but precscription drugs, that the kids use now days for the high and that are very addicting may be able to get past the drugs dogs. They would be easy to traffic than say pot or cocaine/crack. I don't know. Maybe someone else here knows?

I get what you are saying about nobody has come forward saying they actually saw him in person after the an ranch and all. BUT.. If his family is convinced that it is him in the video than I still am thinking it is him. I know my kids from a distance by their walk (in most cases) and I think it would be extremely hard to imitate exactly that part.

Also, I think that now that we hear their were job apps in the car then it still makes it appear to be foul play. Why would he be looking on a Sunday? I don't think he was. I think that is where a "loan Shark" debt consulation may have gone bad. Maybe he went to meet up with someone (GW) perhaps to try to buy more time?? JMO

It's probably nothing, but Rolf was not wearing his wedding ring. Just noticied because of the up close shot of the hands. The new pic of Steven they had was a very nice one. He didn't have that baby boy look to him.

That picture in the white shirt, must have been his most "typical" (facial) look; it's definitely different than the younger, thinner-looking Steven we saw in the first "blue shirt" picture.

We don't know if Mr K typically wears a ring (my husband never has), or since you only see his left hand, maybe it's on his right hand. Or maybe he has a bit of arthritis and doesn't need it to prove anything ;)

The video I just looked at, is here:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9587729

True that no one saw Steven for a while before he vanished.But the phone conversations with GW and Seth Aboud .... They knew his voice,kwim ? If theories are a spectrum, with the most probable thing that happened being in the center, and the least probable thing that happened being on the outer edge of the spectrum, then I would place the Sk lookalike theory on the very farthest edges of our spectrum. It's still there,but we hardly see it.... IMHO
Nothing at all ties SK to any kind of drug use,or drug running.

That picture in the white shirt, must have been his most "typical" (facial) look; it's definitely different than the younger, thinner-looking Steven we saw in the first "blue shirt" picture.

We don't know if Mr K typically wears a ring (my husband never has), or since you only see his left hand, maybe it's on his right hand. Or maybe he has a bit of arthritis and doesn't need it to prove anything ;)

The video I just looked at, is here:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9587729

Thanks! I hadn't seen this one and one thing that struck me is the end photo of him, not in a dress shirt and tie, It doesn't look a thing like the other photos of him! I seriously think more photos of him need to get out there, not just the blue shirt and white shirt. Not just smiling, but ones like this one where he is just not looking as happy, because that is probably the state he is in IF he is still with us! :twocents:

I guess you are looking at it from a different view than I. I don't think there was a vast conspiracy, but there may have been foul play and not from the people who are trying to find him. KWIM I would still like to eliminate the possibility of a sighting. Someone not verifying his actual whereabouts on 1 day is normal, but 5? He goes to his boss on the 8th, gets cash, shows up in Ruby Valley the next morning and is never seen again or talked to in a personal conversation. Goes right by his entire family and old acquaintances, etc, but has no real contact with him except by phone. Unless GW saw him in the LV/H area that week-end or maybe earlier in the week at a church function. But we don't have that proof. Maybe the landlord (DH?) no proof. No videos on his purchases.
PLUS we have a crazy driving pattern that is not consist with an unemployed, financially strapped young man. Unless someone can provide proof of that from prior gas records.

I was replying to the scenario you're supporting (the one presented by ding last night). That scenario requires the involvement of many people. AN's family, the neighbor of the two little girls, the two little girls themselves, Steven's neighbor who saw "him" pull in.

We have three known sightings in that five-day period:
AN's family in Ruby Valley (Dec 9)
The neighbor of the locked-out girls (Dec 11)
Neighbor saw Steven & his car (late Dec 12)

...and on at least the 9th and 10th, he's talking to his Mom, Dad and sister on the phone. Those are better "sightings" than a fuzzy security fish-eye video.

Obviously, if a crime is involved, someone is covering something up. But that doesn't make it a 120-hour conspiracy involving over 1,000 days of random driving.
Someone covering up a crime, isn't going to involve a lot of other people. They become witnesses to the crime.

Thanks! I hadn't seen this one and one thing that struck me is the end photo of him, not in a dress shirt and tie, It doesn't look a thing like the other photos of him! I seriously think more photos of him need to get out there, not just the blue shirt and white shirt. Not just smiling, but ones like this one where he is just not looking as happy, because that is probably the state he is in IF he is still with us! :twocents:

Most of the "missing" posters have several images of Steven on them, including the one we link to on our timeline.

True that no one saw Steven for a while before he vanished.But the phone conversations with GW and Seth Aboud .... They knew his voice,kwim ? If theories are a spectrum, with the most probable thing that happened being in the center, and the least probable thing that happened being on the outer edge of the spectrum, then I would place the Sk lookalike theory on the very farthest edges of our spectrum. It's still there,but we hardly see it.... IMHO
Nothing at all ties SK to any kind of drug use,or drug running.

Nothing at all ties SK to disappearing, either...but he did.

Vicodin, crack, meth or prescription meds. None of those things would have been detected by a drug dog, if they'd been present in his car at one time.

It all depends how desperate he was, for money. If you put all "unsavory" possibilities out in the far spectrum, you have what left?

I think the most unsavory thing we can say about Steven, is that he's disappeared.

Laytonian,
But, I'm not putting "unsavory" theories out on the far spectrum, I'm putting the SK lookalike theory out on the farthest edge of our spectrum.
Yes, I see that prescription drugs could have eluded the noses of drug sniffing dogs. I do. But, SK was just too much of a straight arrow to get involved in that IMHO. And, I think he would have been living a whole lot better if he was running drugs. Peanut butter and bread, and tacos,sleeping in his car in winter ??? But, anything is possible, I suppose......

Laytonian,
But, I'm not putting "unsavory" theories out on the far spectrum, I'm putting the SK lookalike theory out on the farthest edge of our spectrum.
Yes, I see that prescription drugs could have eluded the noses of drug sniffing dogs. I do. But, SK was just too much of a straight arrow to get involved in that IMHO. And, I think he would have been living a whole lot better if he was running drugs. Peanut butter and bread, and tacos,sleeping in his car in winter ??? But, anything is possible, I suppose......

I see what you're saying. I also put the lookalike theory out beyond Pluto (which isn't even a planet anymore...so that's way way out there). But everything else is in my inner ring; I don't have anything that firmly tells me to rule anything out. OK, the "ran off with Susan Powell" theory is floating next to Substitute Steven ;)

I don't assume that someone's religion means they are a straight arrow. That goes for all religions. Heaven knows, there was enough crooked arrow in the church I grew up in ;)

"Go to this address and pick up a portfolio.....then deliver it to this address, and we'll pay you later."

Will do! Why do we do this (start new threads)?
Is it a software limitation?

Just curious, and didn't see it in discussed anywhere.

Because sometimes posters complain about how long it takes for the page to load.

That's all. :)

Because sometimes posters complain about how long it takes for the page to load.

That's all. :)

But the entire thread doesn't load. Just the page.
But that's OK. If everyone agrees to it, I won't argue ;)

If anyone would like to send a check to the "help find Steven" fund, there's information here:
Post by Brent Waite

My suggestion of allowing people to donate via online direct deposit, or PayPal, was shot down. If you'd like to donate, you'll have to mail a check in.

(I don't understand why releasing an account's routing and account numbers is a security issue, since MY account's routing and account numbers are on every check I write. Oh well)

Here are the two reasons I do not believe SK was invloved in drugs :

1. He was almost destitute. Had barely enough money for food. Sleeping in his car. People involved in the drug scene live high on the hog. Only time they get raggedy is if they are using their drug profits to buy drugs for themselves. And that is easy to spot.

2. His character as I know it. I do not know SK, but here is something I noticed : when the other guy who lived in the house took his food, what did Steven do ? He went to the landlady, and reported it. Did he punch the other roomer in the face ? No. Threaten him ? Not that we know of. Very telling ; He was into doing the right thing, the straight arrow thing. IMHO.

I never connected SK's religion with "straight arrowness " ( is there such a word ?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie