NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are Google directions from Henderson to Savannah Springs Ave.

It's not somewhere you'd just happen to pass by & decide to distribute fliers.

From Henderson, NV to Savannah Springs Dr.

1. Head southeast on Arthur Ave toward Bismark Way 0.2 mi
2. Take the 1st left onto Hillcrest Dr 325 ft
3. Turn left at W Van Wagenen St 0.2 mi
4. Take the 1st left onto W Lake Mead Dr/NV-564 W 1.1 mi
5. Continue onto I-215 W 3.4 mi
6. Take exit 5 for Green Valley Pkwy S 0.3 mi
7. Turn left at N Green Valley Pkwy 1.7 mi
8. Continue onto Sunridge Heights Pkwy 1.2 mi
9. Turn left at S Eastern Ave 1.0 mi
10. Slight right to stay on S Eastern Ave 0.7 mi
11. Turn left at Sun City Anthem Dr 0.3 mi
12. Take the 2nd right onto Anthem Pkwy 1.8 mi
13. Turn right at Laurel Heights Ln 167 ft
14. Turn left at Savannah Springs Ave 0.1 mi

Sun City Anthem By Del Webb
Savannah Springs Ave. Henderson, NV 89052

Glad you posted that Paulette. I have previously posted that LE should subpoena Mapquest and other free online map services for any requests for directs from St. George to Henderson in the 6 months PRECEEDING his disappearance. They might get an exact street address for a destination and it should reveal what computer(s) the request was made from.

It is conceivable that someone offered to put him up at their house, as a ruse to get him there. I don't think he had $$$ for a hotel and he was eating fast food. Or, offered to cook him lunch & have a swim or a shower. Maybe this person said they were interested in Mormonism & would Steven like to come over and talk about religion.

I'm sure we could think of more scenarios that a killer could use to lure a victim to their house. Look at John Wayne Gacy. He had many people buried under his floor.

Steven was probably gullible, he looks it in his pictures. A nice, helpful, clean-cut man. Those are the kind of people some perps look for, not the hardbitten street person that might make a fuss.

He never made it out of Anthem alive. He's either there, or taken away in someones' car or a dumpster. He would never leave his car & run off, he had presents in his car & church duties. He was religious, he wouldn't kill himself.

I don't think he committed suicide either. I tend to think he just decided to go his own way. He hadn't had any luck with jobs since his college graduation. He loved music, but felt it would destroy him. I think he threw himself into trying to find a good job and the church....when that seemed to fail...(ie: going straight) he threw up his hands and said "hey" and booked. That or someone took advantage of him---foul play---that we can't find anything in his past or recent daily livings that would point to. ???

Glad you posted that Paulette. I have previously posted that LE should subpoena Mapquest and other free online map services for any requests for directs from St. George to Henderson in the 6 months PRECEEDING his disappearance. They might get an exact street address for a destination and it should reveal what computer(s) the request was made from.

It will reveal the IP address, not the computer. If the IP belongs to a specific customer, they gotcha. If it's free wifi, you're anonymous. It's only if they find the map ON the computer, that it can be linked up (working backwards).

Those were mighty long directions.
The actual directions would have been much simpler, to the exact address the car was parked at.

1 - You know how to get onto I-15 and go south. Do it. Drive through Las Vegas.
2 - Take exit 34 to merge onto I-215 E toward Henderson 5.8 mi
3- Take exit 7 for Eastern Ave 0.3 mi
4 - Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Eastern Ave S and merge onto S Eastern Ave 3.5 mi
5 - Slight right to stay on S Eastern Ave 0.7 mi
6 - Turn left at Sun City Anthem Dr 0.3 mi
7 - Take the 2nd right onto Anthem Pkwy 1.8 mi
8 - Turn right at Laurel Heights Ln 167 ft
9 - Turn left at Savannah Springs Ave 0.1 mi
10 - Turn right at Evening Lights Ave
Destination is on the right

It is conceivable that someone offered to put him up at their house, as a ruse to get him there. I don't think he had $$$ for a hotel and he was eating fast food. Or, offered to cook him lunch & have a swim or a shower. Maybe this person said they were interested in Mormonism & would Steven like to come over and talk about religion.

I'm sure we could think of more scenarios that a killer could use to lure a victim to their house. Look at John Wayne Gacy. He had many people buried under his floor.

Steven was probably gullible, he looks it in his pictures. A nice, helpful, clean-cut man. Those are the kind of people some perps look for, not the hardbitten street person that might make a fuss.

He never made it out of Anthem alive. He's either there, or taken away in someones' car or a dumpster. He would never leave his car & run off, he had presents in his car & church duties. He was religious, he wouldn't kill himself.

bbm

I do not believe he killed himself. However if he did, being religious would not matter if you reached that point of despair. Marie O's son did it.

Sometimes depression can be so insidious if it goes on too long without treatment, that -- a person can disassociate(sp) -- suddenly -- and -- just really lose touch with reality --and do something totally out of character

I wonder if the search dogs went through that area? You'd think they'd hit on something there.

In contrast to the hard work we see you all doing, the Powell search (AS SEEN ON TV) looked like a picnic with chairs, cool drinks and paragliders!

What search dogs? I didn't see any search dogs. Just pet dogs. :waitasec:

Isn't it possible Steven crossed paths with at least one of the "boys" who had NOT been rescued and had taken the wrong path? It may even have been someone he was trying to help and unwittingly fell into a trap.

They're not boys any longer; they're grown men. Steven was likely in more danger in his neighborhood (with the known criminal records of some of the residents), than an anonymous male with a polygamist past.

Have you seen this NY Times article? It mentions how many are shoved out, because they're "worldly" -- which means they're also NOT YFZ ;)
(You have to know what YFZ is, to get my little joke...but it's an easy google.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/09/us/09polygamy.html?_r=1

The thing that's going to hurt those young men right now, is the housing crash -- since they were nearly all trained to build homes. (There were several construction companies operating in St George, employing only young FLDS men.) If they can get jobs and work, with a hand up and some education, they can be OK.

Sometimes depression can be so insidious if it goes on too long without treatment, that -- a person can disassociate(sp) -- suddenly -- and -- just really lose touch with reality --and do something totally out of character

Or drugged and didn't know it.

If he lost touch with reality, maybe. But based on what we've learned about Steven from family and friends, I just can't see it. I just cannot see him knowingly being so cruel and selfish.

[/B]
bbm

I do not believe he killed himself. However if he did, being religious would not matter if you reached that point of despair. Marie O's son did it.

Wasn't this the son that had a previous drug problem tho?

Maybe the directions didn't come from MapQuest or any website. Maybe they were given to Steven personally, verbally.

We just need to figure out by whom.

I have been so interested and fascinated by all the search accounts. Thanks to all who searched and for the informative and detailed info...Just a few thoughts...my heart goes out to Steven's Mother after reading about her at the search and her willingness to chat with the WS'ers. I can't imagine what she must be going through and she must be a strong lady to be there and interact with all. I was interested in her info on Steven's speech pattern and the term "halting". I had never heard of that before, so I did some searches for info...honestly I didn't find much...but on every search I did it seems that it is the same as stuttering or some form of stuttering. It can be exacerbated by nervousness. I read some message boards of people with the condition and it was interesting to hear their comments. It has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence of course, but hearing them describe their frustrations with communicating at times was interesting...and I got the impression it could be hard in the workplace. Also, a few mentioned a connection to epilepsy as well...it made me think (this will date me!) of the singer Mel Tillis...he was a stutterer, but never had a problem when he sang...

Or drugged and didn't know it.

He looked quite confident in where he was going in the video. To me that means he'd already passed the house where he was suppose to go. He drove right by it. He was probably told something like "Guests have to park by the mailboxes at the end of the road."

If he was drugged it was after he got to the house. What better way to subdue someone.

Maybe the directions didn't come from MapQuest or any website. Maybe they were given to Steven personally, verbally.

We just need to figure out by whom.

Maybe they were given to him awhile back and tossed them too....I agree with the poster that felt he had been there before and knew his a way around this time.

Wonder why LE doesn't request it be done. I'm thinking a perp that lives in Anthem would have printed them out just in case he came across someone.

He was religious, he wouldn't kill himself.

I don't think we can say that for sure. Utah actually has a high suicide rate (11th in the nation among males -- and it's the leading cause of death for males under age 44).

Studies have been performed (such as this Oxford Journal study, that have been used to claim that active LDS do not suicide. But...even if they do so at a lower rate than non-active/nonmembers, they still do commit suicide.

Nice post for you searchers on SK's FB.

Warning not for anyone to go out to the search area or SCA--open investigation.

FastEddy4---If the person from SCA who requested a copy of A's post wants to meet up with you----you'd dang well better let us know in advance exactly where your going. :)

Maybe they were given to him awhile back and tossed them too....I agree with the poster that felt he had been there before and knew his a way around this time.

I didn't mean he'd been there previously. If he had why was he let go? I meant as he was driving to the house he spotted the address before he parked.

If he'd been there previously, what was different about this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74