GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meyers' daughter, <mod snip>, said, "That's all she was doing. She was protecting me ... My brother Brandon is my hero because if it wasn't for him, it could have been me."

Protecting her from what? TM and the son went out and hunted for a driver that might have been involved in some trash talking, or yelling and scared them? if I am scared, I'm not going on a hunt for whoever scared me. And what does she mean "if it wasn't for him, it could have been her"? I thought she was supposedly in the house when the shooting happened.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/02/18/police-vegas-mom-armed-son-searched-suspect-road-rage-shooting

Meyers' daughter, <mod snip>, said, "That's all she was doing. She was protecting me ... My brother Brandon is my hero because if it wasn't for him, it could have been me."

Protecting her from what? TM and the son went out and hunted for a driver that might have been involved in some trash talking, or yelling and scared them? if I am scared, I'm not going on a hunt for whoever scared me. And what does she mean "if it wasn't for him, it could have been her"? I thought she was supposedly in the house when the shooting happened.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/02/18/police-vegas-mom-armed-son-searched-suspect-road-rage-shooting

bbm:

yes exactly......more than a bit bogus.....her body language in the video set off my hinky meter...(MOO)

I am not altogether certain there was even another car. If there was another car, I suspect it had something to do with Brandon.

I don't know if there was another car or not,but it would not surprise me if there wasn't. But I agree, the son is somehow involved, IMO. I don't think think this was random.

Which son was having a birthday? Not the one home sleeping, I would assume.

Another thing that struck me as very odd is the claim that they went to a deserted parking lot to practice "parallel parking."

Parallel parking requires at least one other car (to be parked against a curb) and two cars when you are gaining some experience.

So were they with other people at the school - IF they were even at the school?

Their whole story (all the versions!) just sound so contrived & illogical from beginning to end.
BBM
The younger son:

<snip>
M said the family had been celebrating his birthday just hours before the shooting.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-killed-road-rage-shoot/story?id=28998256

There are a few comments he made in the article that are a bit confusing. I was under the impression from some articles that he was in the car at the time of the initial altercation. Maybe it's because he claimed his mother and sister were going the speed limit (25 mph) when the other driver became impatient and sped around them. He is also the one claiming the other vehicle sideswiped them. How could he state all of these details with confidence if he wasn't present?

It also wasn't clear initially whether TM or her daughter was driving at the time, but more recent articles state that TM was driving and her daughter reached over and honked the horn. It just seems like details of the incident keep changing to protect someone, and probably more than one person.

BTW, some people practice parallel parking with traffic cones. TM and daughter could've had traffic cones in the trunk that they were using. But, I agree that it's unlikely that's what they were doing just prior to the altercation.

ETA: I rather think both of the sons were in the car at the time of the altercation. Also, it's interesting that M stated his "mother and sister" were driving the speed limit. It sounds as if family members are trying to create uncertainty as to who was driving, which makes me think it wasn't TM.

Well now, This is very interesting. Is he pleading his innocence there at the end?

Upthread several posters made reference to his contacting media right away while he was still out of town.....if that is so, then hopefully, LE could, if they choose, could confirm cell location...perhaps...

MOO

I apologize ahead of time for this because I'm just now reading about this situation...but has anyone been talking about what ACTUALLY happened when the son and mother found that car?

What type of altercation took place that they decided to return back to their house?

I find it very difficult to believe that the make and model and even year of the ''suspect'' vehicle is ''unknown'' any of the main players in this case. MOO

BBM
The younger son:

<snip>

There are a few comments he made in the article that are a bit confusing. I was under the impression from some articles that he was in the car at the time of the initial altercation. Maybe it's because he claimed his mother and sister were going the speed limit (25 mph) when the other driver became impatient and sped around them. He is also the one claiming the other vehicle sideswiped them. How could he state all of these details with confidence if he wasn't present?

It also wasn't clear initially whether TM or her daughter was driving at the time, but more recent articles state that TM was driving and her daughter reached over and honked the horn. It just seems like details of the incident keep changing to protect someone, and probably more than one person.

BTW, some people practice parallel parking with traffic cones. TM and daughter could've had traffic cones in the trunk that they were using. But, I agree that it's unlikely that's what they were doing just prior to the altercation.

ETA: I rather think both of the sons were in the car at the time of the altercation. Also, it's interesting that M stated his "mother and sister" were driving the speed limit. It sounds as if family members are trying to create uncertainty as to who was driving, which makes me think it wasn't TM.

Good point about the traffic cones being a possibility. I never see that done around my area so it never occurred to me.

I guess the brother would just say he was repeating the version his mother & sister told him. But it's pretty hard to explain why they said they were hit & then said they weren't.

For argument's sake, let's go with their story: I wonder how long the mother & son were out searching after they dropped the daughter off?

What was the daughter doing while they were gone? If she is like most teenagers, she was on her phone or on the computer & those records could shed some light on things too. IF something so "scary" just happened, wouldn't she be gabbing to her friends about the drama taking place? Or on Twitter?

I think LE needs to get the cell phone records of everyone in that family & scan their computers!

I'd still like to hear that LE has found a neighbor who actually saw the victim's car & knows who if anyone was out driving that night. Maybe someone walking a dog or taking out the garbage could have seen or heard something.

Good point about the traffic cones being a possibility. I never see that done around my area so it never occurred to me.

I guess the brother would just say he was repeating the version his mother & sister told him. But it's pretty hard to explain why they said they were hit & then said they weren't.

For argument's sake, let's go with their story: I wonder how long the mother & son were out searching after they dropped the daughter off?

What was the daughter doing while they were gone? If she is like most teenagers, she was on her phone or on the computer & those records could shed some light on things too. IF something so "scary" just happened, wouldn't she be gabbing to her friends about the drama taking place? Or on Twitter?

I think LE needs to get the cell phone records of everyone in that family & scan their computers!

I'd still like to hear that LE has found a neighbor who actually saw the victim's car & knows who if anyone was out driving that night. Maybe someone walking a dog or taking out the garbage could have seen or heard something.

bbm:

15 yrs old - drama - twitter ----- could have made it through the grape vine.......

Another thing that struck me as very odd is the claim that they went to a deserted parking lot to practice "parallel parking."

Parallel parking requires at least one other car (to be parked against a curb) and two cars when you are gaining some experience.

I have a learner's permit and I wouldn't practice parking with other cars around, I would be too scared of hitting them. I practice in empty parking lots (and they are empty in the late late evening, so that explains why they were out so late) using the markings on the cement and other clues (like bottles on the ground, or bigger rocks).

with the current addiction of cell phones I couldn't help but wonder if they didn't try to catch the other car on their cell phone cams

I was thinking the exact same thought. My daughter always uses her cell to snap pix while we are out driving. If she wanted to get a license plate of a threatening driver she would absolutely snap a pic. My son as well. I might not think about it as quickly as they would. But I would think the daughter and son in this case would have thought of doing so if they really wanted a plate number. JMO

I was thinking the exact same thought. My daughter always uses her cell to snap pix while we are out driving. If she wanted to get a license plate of a threatening driver she would absolutely snap a pic. My son as well. I might not think about it as quickly as they would. But I would think the daughter and son in this case would have thought of doing so if they really wanted a plate number. JMO

and how many people ((younger ones)) like to 'out' others or just even post a video on FB for attention and bragging rights? MOO

I find it very difficult to believe that the make and model and even year of the ''suspect'' vehicle is ''unknown'' any of the main players in this case. MOO

I find this hard to believe as well since they FOLLOWED it - or claim to have. And yet....they could identify the eye color of the guy in the car, his approximate height (how did they do that? did he get out of the car?) and also his approximate weight. ????? This is beyond fishy.....

From the pics I have seen the family seems to be car people.The dad wearing a Dupont racing jacket and the pic of TM in front of a cool car and car trailor probably taken at a race or car show.They had to have noticed at least the make of the car.

BBM
The younger son:

<snip>

Someone posted upthread that the 15 yr old did not even have her permit yet. So I don't think that she would be driving out on the street. I can believe she would practice driving in a big parking lot, but not sure she would do so on public streets. Unless there was a 'good' reason.

Since they had been celebrating a birthday that night, I agree with someone's thoughts that maybe there had been some drinking. Was she driving Mom home ? IDK

''William La Jeunesse reported today on "America's Newsroom" that since there have been no arrests, the family is offering a "show quality, totally restored" 1956 Chevrolet El Camino for information that will lead to the killer's arrest. ''
''"It was Tammy's pride and joy," La Jeunesse said. "But for Robert Meyers who restored the wagon along with his wife, spending countless hours together in the garage, the vehicle is priceless."

Matthew Meyers, the victim's son, shared that as soon as someone is arrested, his dad will give the person who provided the information for the arrest the keys to the special vehicle.''

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/02/...offering-prized-possession-reward-info-killer

''William La Jeunesse reported today on "America's Newsroom" that since there have been no arrests, the family is offering a "show quality, totally restored" 1956 Chevrolet El Camino for information that will lead to the killer's arrest. ''
''"It was Tammy's pride and joy," La Jeunesse said. "But for Robert Meyers who restored the wagon along with his wife, spending countless hours together in the garage, the vehicle is priceless."

Matthew Meyers, the victim's son, shared that as soon as someone is arrested, his dad will give the person who provided the information for the arrest the keys to the special vehicle.''

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/02/...offering-prized-possession-reward-info-killer

Okay...is it just me or does this seem strange?

ETA...the more I think about it - yes...this is darn strange! Hmmm.....Maybe he feels confident that there will never be an arrest? Things just keep getting weirder and weirder in this case.

That explains the pic with the car trailor,possibly at a car show.The are car people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther