NY NY - Ashley Carroll, 24, Albany, 6 May 2010

I am hoping, hoping, hoping that this doesn't go the direction I think it could go. The BF isn't a POI now from what I have read.

I have yet to see a good outcome when the missing person has not used her phone in so long, two weeks in this case...does not look promising, i am sorry to say...

Sadly, this is one of the more drug infested neighborhoods in Albany, and anyone going there, knows this. So if you are in this neighborhood, you are in it for a reason. Sadly, the family will not come right out and say this. I am deeply disturbed that she is missing, but it is equally disturbing that the family is painting her to be a saint. They know more than is being said, and the police are looking and not finding. There are many of us who are searching for her on our own and no luck. People don't just vanish into thin air, and sadly, the clock is ticking and the facts do not make any of this look good. This was not the first time "she left her child" and has been running in the fast lane since a young girl with poor influences........there is more to this, and sadly it is probably drug-related and the family is refusing to admit that. I pray for a good outcome, but as her own mother stated, it looks "grim"

Sadly, this is one of the more drug infested neighborhoods in Albany, and anyone going there, knows this. So if you are in this neighborhood, you are in it for a reason. Sadly, the family will not come right out and say this. I am deeply disturbed that she is missing, but it is equally disturbing that the family is painting her to be a saint. They know more than is being said, and the police are looking and not finding. There are many of us who are searching for her on our own and no luck. People don't just vanish into thin air, and sadly, the clock is ticking and the facts do not make any of this look good. This was not the first time "she left her child" and has been running in the fast lane since a young girl with poor influences........there is more to this, and sadly it is probably drug-related and the family is refusing to admit that. I pray for a good outcome, but as her own mother stated, it looks "grim"

Welcome glitterdome and thank you for your insights.

That's not necessarily true, Glitterdome. Many young mothers are forced to live in areas in which the rents are low, or do not have credit..or have poor credit and these types of areas are more open to having anyone rent because of reputations of the area. This in no way means that the family is hiding anything other than the fact their daughter, whom they love, is missing. We all know that if a young woman has poor influences it is due to self esteem issues and that in no way should be reflective of the needed search for Ashley. Stating this was not the first time she "left her child" is not based on fact. There are no police reports to ever indicate that she has done this before. If she "left her child" for a day or two with family members is in no way comparable to the fact that she has been missing for weeks now. Yes, there is more to this...however, again...doesn't mean drug related at all...at least not on the part of missing Ashley as your post is indicating.

it IS based on fact. I know the girl and her family, i knew her before she was even born, i wouldn't make such a statement if it were not based on fact. She did not grow up where the rents were low and the neighborhood was infested, i stated she grew up around drugs (meaning her own household), that is a fact, she was raised where drugs are put before children, and this was one of many times she left her own child....sadly. And I live here and know what has gone on, so it is based on fact, want to clear that up.

And if you lived here, <edit> doesn't change the fact that we want her found safe, it is fact that she has left her child countless times before with family and non-family members (users) and that is why the family is even more panicked.They won't say <edit> because they say they want help, I have organized search parties here for Ashley.

theglitterdome:
Welcome to Websleuths.

Glad to have a local on board, but
just a word of caution.

WS is a victim friendly forum.
I am not a moderator, but when mentioning Ashley's behavior or lifestyle,
please add JMO, just my opinion or IMO, in my opinion.

Without a link to proof of everything you have described, it's best
to play it safe.

Although, I am appreciative of knowing reasons why Ashley may have disappeared.

I am sorry if my posting seems deragatory, it really isn't. I am deeply upset by Ashley's disappearance and very upset with the lack of info that should be provided. I do not blame Ashley for any lifestyle choices at all......quite the opposite. I feel terrible for her family and her mother did not celebrate her own birthday yesterday (who would?) And I know how distraught she is. I have personally brought media attention to Ashley and feel awful that so much time is passing with only rumors of sightings and none confirmed. I am victim sympathetic...........I am just upset by the whole thing. I have had a hard time sleeping and thinking about it all, To anyone who is missing someone, you have my prayers............I am very sorry for what everyone is going through....

I am sorry if my posting seems deragatory, it really isn't. I am deeply upset by Ashley's disappearance and very upset with the lack of info that should be provided. I do not blame Ashley for any lifestyle choices at all......quite the opposite. I feel terrible for her family and her mother did not celebrate her own birthday yesterday (who would?) And I know how distraught she is. I have personally brought media attention to Ashley and feel awful that so much time is passing with only rumors of sightings and none confirmed. I am victim sympathetic...........I am just upset by the whole thing. I have had a hard time sleeping and thinking about it all, To anyone who is missing someone, you have my prayers............I am very sorry for what everyone is going through....

I appreciate your personal perspective glitter.

Unfortunately when the missing person has any of these issues, they are frequently viewed in a less sympathetic light than those who can claim true "victim" status.

If you have any information on particular places she hung out or "did business" you might want to share that with local law enforcement as the family might be reluctant to do so.

I have already, it is very upsetting to everyone, I agree that victims tend to be viewed less sympathetically, I agree, Law Enforcement here has, that is why they did not seriously look for her in the first place.......which is sad. And unfortunate. I did share the information, it is so upsetting that this can happen and NO ONE sees anything. The people who live where she disappeared are not cooperating with police and are actually hostile to searchers, we locals know why and i didn't tolerate it when i went to look and ask questions, they got really RUDE and thought that they were intimidating, I wasn't but find it ridiculous that they HAD to have seen her..........

It is hard to think that people where she lives are not helping.
Does it seem if LE is asking all the right people the right questions?

When we tried to ask questions and show them her flyer, they just started yelling, screaming and cursing......????????????? I do not know how they reacted to detectives questions, but i do know i am not the only person that 1st Street has done this to. It is absurd that they know something and won't say...........They have to, where she was dropped, the two nearest houses are the obviously "busiest" on the street????? Not sure what is going to be found out.....very worried, this is looking worse by the day.....

theglitterdome

Hi, I'm from the area. Can you share where you have done searches for Ashley at? If not, I guess I understand. Do you have plans for future searches? I'm just imagining the area and can't very well think of places where someone could hide Ashley unless you head outside of the downtown area.

Thanks for any questions you can answer.

Well, if she is not wanting to be found, lets say hypothetically, and hopefully this is the case, we have been searching uptown, and following any rumors of her whereabouts and asked questions, and it has turned up nothing, i have searched in the mornings because her family seems to have the night-shift well-covered, i was hoping to catch her on the move, we have not had ANY success on finding her and little info from that area she disappeared, I have searched ALL OF uptown, and gone to places i personally would never on my own go, and did not go on my own, i had my husband help me search and a few friends, i tried to organize a search party, but a (non-but-says-she is) relative, keeps undercutting me on fb, and we searched without her anyway. I was only able to get 8 others besides myself to help search, and unfortunately, no one seems to want to look for her which is also upsetting me, because everyone is claiming to be looking for her, but i have not bumped into any other searchers, besides the few i cld get to help............I searched 1st, Quail, Clinton, Washington, Second avenue, behind second ave in the woods and fields, and everywhere that i can.......and nothing.

Well, if she is not wanting to be found, lets say hypothetically, and hopefully this is the case, we have been searching uptown, and following any rumors of her whereabouts and asked questions, and it has turned up nothing, i have searched in the mornings because her family seems to have the night-shift well-covered, i was hoping to catch her on the move, we have not had ANY success on finding her and little info from that area she disappeared, I have searched ALL OF uptown, and gone to places i personally would never on my own go, and did not go on my own, i had my husband help me search and a few friends, i tried to organize a search party, but a (non-but-says-she is) relative, keeps undercutting me on fb, and we searched without her anyway. I was only able to get 8 others besides myself to help search, and unfortunately, no one seems to want to look for her which is also upsetting me, because everyone is claiming to be looking for her, but i have not bumped into any other searchers, besides the few i cld get to help............I searched 1st, Quail, Clinton, Washington, Second avenue, behind second ave in the woods and fields, and everywhere that i can.......and nothing.

Are you referring to the sports fields next to 9W? I know that you can take the 787N, but you head into other area that are kind of populated. Have you thought about coming south of Albany? It's a very quick shot either up S. Pearl or 787. It's closer to where I live and very rural. I feel like if she was still in the downtown area she would have been found.

Yes there is the park.......but lower than that is woods and fields. And south of Albany has been searched......we don't know and i wake up today and nothing.......nothing

We drove looking around the south of albany areas for a while today and no sign....checked uptown again too, no one has seen her........looked for 2 hours south of albany, and an hour and a half uptown...........
:(

My mom is from the area and went to high school at RCS. She said she's familiar with a lot of suspicious activity in the woods behind Selkirk.

it IS based on fact. I know the girl and her family, i knew her before she was even born, i wouldn't make such a statement if it were not based on fact. She did not grow up where the rents were low and the neighborhood was infested, i stated she grew up around drugs (meaning her own household), that is a fact, she was raised where drugs are put before children, and this was one of many times she left her own child....sadly. And I live here and know what has gone on, so it is based on fact, want to clear that up.

Did AC actually grow up in Albany? Did she have any job at the time of her disappearance?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back