NY NY - Ashley Carroll, 24, Albany, 6 May 2010

Walker, thanks for bringing this thread to the forefront. You reminded me that I've been meaning to post something here.

For all of you: I was in downtown Albany Monday night and I kept my eyes peeled. Of course, the area looked run down to put it nicely.

For people who know Ashley: I had one problem with doing this! I realized I really had no idea what I was looking for. I've seen one, and maybe two, pictures of Ashley and it wasn't really enough to show me different aspects of her personality so that I might recognize her. I'm not confident at all that I would have known her if she was standing right in front of me.

If there any way we can get more pictures of her?

You are surmising quite a bit about Ashley's life, all speculative, and in my opinion, you are compromising the police investigation. In my estimation, it is untrue that she has ever left Ari, her daughter, and was very loving and protective of her. Whatever you think, the purpose of this site is to help find missing people. Please leave the investigation to the police. That is their job. Pray for Ashley and her family. That is all any of us can do at this point. God's blessings.

Please note that wood searches should only be conducted by law enforcement and professional search and rescue groups. Yes...SAR groups may call upon volunteers to assist but they always do a 1/2 hour training session, prior. The problem with individuals doing wood searches on their own is God forbid you do happen to stumble across a crime scene...you will have contaminated it. That would be horrible for a family to have to endure evidence to be thrown out in a possible guilty verdict due to contamination of a crime scene. As KarenIrene just posted, and she is absolutely correct...those kinds of investigations need to be conducted by the investigators. They grid map the area, they utilize special marked tags to go in place, etc. The last thing a family wants is no justice if perhaps something happened to their family member...and this is good advice for all cases.

Has anyone heard anything on Ashley? I agree LE should be allowed to do their jobs but if this were one of mine & I didn't think LE was seriously looking I'd probably be out there looking myself. :)

Has anyone organized any searches for Ashley?

Has anyone heard anything on Ashley? I agree LE should be allowed to do their jobs but if this were one of mine & I didn't think LE was seriously looking I'd probably be out there looking myself. :)

Has anyone organized any searches for Ashley?

yes please let me know also I live very close and this whole situation so upsetting, i also know many albany officers, so any suggestions on what to ask? or probe???

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2010/07/24/news/doc4c4a720ae89fd959573815.txt

Published: Saturday, July 24, 2010
By Jessica M. Pasko
Troy Record

TROY — A search party will be held Sunday to look for a Troy woman whose relatives reported her missing more than two months ago.

On Sunday at noon, a search party will convene at noon at the Tivoli Park Preserve in Albany’s Arbor Hill neighborhood, near the former Livingston Middle School.

A $3,000 award is being offered for information leading to Carroll’s safe return. Anyone with information is asked to call the Rensselaer Police Department at 462-7451.

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2010/07/26/news/doc4c4cf76e916ba703641491.txt

Published: Monday, July 26, 2010
By Katie Nowak
The Record

ALBANY — “Gone But Not Forgotten.”

That was the message printed on t-shirts worn by members of a search party Sunday, organized by the family of a Troy woman who’s been missing since May.

Dozens of people gathered in Tivoli Park to help Ashley Marie Carroll’s family and friends search for clues to her disappearance, determined to both find answers and to make sure that Carroll would indeed never be forgotten.

I am sorry if my posting seems deragatory, it really isn't. I am deeply upset by Ashley's disappearance and very upset with the lack of info that should be provided. I do not blame Ashley for any lifestyle choices at all......quite the opposite. I feel terrible for her family and her mother did not celebrate her own birthday yesterday (who would?) And I know how distraught she is. I have personally brought media attention to Ashley and feel awful that so much time is passing with only rumors of sightings and none confirmed. I am victim sympathetic...........I am just upset by the whole thing. I have had a hard time sleeping and thinking about it all, To anyone who is missing someone, you have my prayers............I am very sorry for what everyone is going through....
What is your take on her friend, Courtney, who dropped her off at Quail and First streets? Do you think that she is telling all that she knows?

Lawyer: My client not a kidnapper

The attorney for an Albany businessman charged with the kidnapping of a marijuana dealer presumed dead says his client has no connection with the disappearance -- or two other missing persons cases.

Anthony Davis, 39, known as "Inf," is among four men charged with the June 13, 2010, abduction of 41-year-old Steven Jackson at 40 Parkwood St., identified as a marijuana storage location.

The Jackson case is being probed for ties to two other missing persons cases: Ashley Marie Carroll, 24, of Troy, last seen in Albany in May; and Donald Green, 50, of Schenectady, known as "Uncle Noonie," last seen leaving an Arbor Hill bar last February.

Still missing one year later

One year ago Friday, a young mother went missing on the streets of Albany; not to be seen or heard from since. The grim anniversary spurred the woman's friends and family into action as they remain convinced that someone knows exactly what happened to Ashley Marie Carroll.

More: http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2100778.shtml?cat=300

Family dealt a new blow

For more than a year, the family of Ashley Marie Carroll has coped with the Troy woman's mysterious disappearance in Albany.

On Wednesday they received jolting news: A judge placed the missing woman's daughter, 2-year-old AA, in the custody of her biological father from New Jersey, who was confirmed as the child's parent through a DNA test.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10483/0/

I didn't see her tattoo info in the thread:

Tattoo right arm: "Arioniah", tattoo left hand: "Steve" - red & black, tattoo right foot: rosary with cross "Maria", tattoo left side of neck: "Steve", tattoo lower back: tribal, tattoo on calf of cub, tattoo right wrist: "What goes around comes round", tattoo right calf: tiger, tattoo right thigh: cat paws. Tattoo full body.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2608868.shtml?cat=300

Posted at: 05/06/2012 9:40 PM

Family and friends are hoping to generate new leads in the search for missing Troy mother, Ashley Carroll. They put up missing persons flyers in one Albany neighborhood Sunday, on the second anniversary of Ashley's disappearance.

More at link above including a video.

Ashley Carroll CandleLight Vigil
Please Come Join us to Honor & Remember the disappearance of Ashley Carroll Missing Since 5/6/10 from the Albany, NY area. We ask that you lend support and help generate new leads & attention back to the whereabouts of Ashley. As anyone could Imagine the not knowing has been heartbreaking to The Carroll Family since Ashley went Missing. We couldn’t have made it without the continued love & support from Our Community, The Lyall Family, and all Supporters of Missing people! So please join us On May 5th @ 7:00... PM at the Missing Person's Memoriam on the corner of Swan & Madison Street. Anyone & everyone is welcome to attend & lend their support and awareness that Ashley Carroll is still Missing! We understand that it’s Mother’s day weekend and many may have plan’s already But we hope that you will support Margaret & Family and help her honor & support their cause In Bringing Ashley Home!! All News & Media we also ask that you come out & support us for without Your support and attention to this matter we will not be able to reach out to those in our community that Might hold the answer’s to who, what or where Ashley is. Thank you for supporting us in our time of need,We hope to see you all there and look forward to sharing with you all Memories, Music and lighting candles In hope’s that one day we all bring closure to our Missing loved one’s! ~ Gone But Never Forgotten ~

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
THE SUZANNE LYALL FAMILY
DETECTIVE JOHN COLEMAN
CYNTHIA CARON (LOSTNMISSING)
NINA MARCEAUX (MISSING HEARTS)
NEW YORK STATE MISSING

http://newyorkstatemissingpersons.ning.com/events/candlelight-vigil-for-ashley-carroll-missing-since-5-6-10

There is absolutely no local exposure about this case.

In fact, there are multiple people missing locally, and there is never any news coverage. Jaliek Rainwalker is barely spoken of anymore.

Shameful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back