Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I received a response back from Major Burgess (that was fast!), and unfortunately they have ruled out Angela Ramsey as a match. On the bright side, they're at least able to narrow down the possibilities by one.

Why isn't Angela Ramsey on tithe rule out list if she has been ruled out?

Why isn't Angela Ramsey on tithe rule out list if she has been ruled out?

Because the NamUs rule-out lists aren't a comprehensive list of everyone who has been looked at. It is a list only of rule-outs of the possible matches suggested by the NamUs automated matching system.

Because the NamUs rule-out lists aren't a comprehensive list of everyone who has been looked at. It is a list only of rule-outs of the possible matches suggested by the NamUs automated matching system.

Or those that are entered by hand by LE or ME -- which doesn't happen very often, but there's a case or two where they try to keep it up to date.

Or those that are entered by hand by LE or ME -- which doesn't happen very often, but there's a case or two where they try to keep it up to date.

This certainly makes things more difficult.

Few investigators seem to respond and if nothing is listed anywhere how do we know it a suggested match has already been considered or if it ever does get reviewed?

Few investigators seem to respond and if nothing is listed anywhere how do we know it a suggested match has already been considered or if it ever does get reviewed?

In most cases, we don't. That's why many of us spend a lot of time bookkeeping on the threads, keeping track of case file pointers and discussions and following up on submissions and ruleouts.

In most cases, we don't. That's why many of us spend a lot of time bookkeeping on the threads, keeping track of case file pointers and discussions and following up on submissions and ruleouts.

Seems like there should be a better way of keeping track.

Maybe someone wants to take on composing a list? I just did one for CA Andrea Doe

I composed it in an email draft; then transferred it here. Pretty easy to bold the name; highlight the full name then click the bold button; it throws tags where it needs to be. The one thing I dislike is the URL tags the board puts on it if you don't code it.

Submitted: Elsie Luscier

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7002

Stats are near perfect match. Time frame is perfect for a short stop in California/Florida. Plus, she is of Native American descent and the jewelry found on the JD are Native American.

The only con at all is that she went missing with her cousin. One would assume that if they ran away together they would have stayed together.

Besides that one con everything matches.

No picture is available, unfortunately.

Edit: she went missing from an Indian Reservation

NamUs finally came up with a photo of Elsie Luscier. Definitely not Cali.

attachment.php

Hi all,

On http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/unidentified.htm#;view=Details;/Poster I saw Cali mentioned and the description differs from NamUs and the DoeNetwork:

DoeNetwork - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html
Distinguishing Characteristics: She had curly brown, shoulder length hair which had been frosted about four months before her death. The frosted hair was in the process of growing out. She had brown eyes. She was tanned and had visible bikini lines. She had no distinguishing marks. The victim had had no broken bones that would have been in a hospital's records. It didn't look as though she had received much medical attention of any kind.

NamUs - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6583
-1/2" scar on forehead at the hairline
-1" scar on front left shoulder
-1/2" scar on outer left ankle
-tiny scar on left knee, right knee, top of right foot, right ankle, inner right thigh
-skin defect that is 3"x1" that resembles an old burn scar on inner right thigh
-Z shaped scar on right shin
-1/2" scar on left forearm
-3 small scars on left index finger
-small mole about 1.5" below outer corner of left eye

Texas DPS - http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/U...nt.asp?id=U9212001&Person=Unidentified Person
She had pierced ears and a small mole or birthmark on her lower lip, just left of midline.

This Jane Doe does have the birthmark on her lower lip but why is it not mentioned anywhere else? It also does not show up on most reconstructions?
Also, Judith Ann Elwell is not in NamUs, I hoped her DNA would be on file for comparison.

When I read the parts about the moles I decided to look at the pictures again and compare them, I'm not sure but it does look like Judith has the small mole below the outer corner of the left eye and moles on her lower lip:

picture.php

Maybe someone else can look at the pictures and tell me I am going crazy? I hope that Cali will get her real name back some day.

With love, Milou69

Wow, I hope someone gets back to Carl soon. That is a striking resemblance.

is there n official lists of rule-outs for her? I just copied one for the "Sharon Marshal" thread, but I was wondering if "Cali" had one yet-would make putting together PMs a lot easier:)

Does anyone know if Gail Lorraine Joiner was ever discussed? She isnt on the rule-outs list on Namus. She does resemble "Cali" and is from Florida. The necklace she is wearing looks similar to the one found on "Cali".

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2190dffl.html

GAIL LORRAINE JOINER

Missing since September 22, 1972 from Thonotosassa, Hillsborough County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 22, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 0"; 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde/brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her cheek and facial freckles.
Clothing: jeans. No shoes.
Dentals/DNA: Not available.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Joiner was last seen in Thonotosassa, Florida on September 22, 1972.

It has been reported that she came home from school, ate a sandwich, then left home to walk her pet raccoon, Bandit, on a leash. Witnesses saw Joiner standing near a white car parked on the edge of a work area, but nobody saw her get in the vehicle. She has never been heard from again.

Joiner moved to Florida from Michigan a few months before her disappearance. She has six siblings.

A suspect confessed to her murder and described the location of the remains, but a search could not locate her. The suspect recanted the confession but knew details only the killer would know.

Attachments

• cali.jpg
    cali.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 15
  • gailjoiner.jpg
    gailjoiner.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 26
If she went missing in 1972 at age 13, though, she'd be almost 20 in 1979. Which I guess isn't quite out of line, but is really pushing the upper edge of the age range.

Her NamUs profile says DNA submitted; tests complete. I would think that it would have gotten a hit?

Does anyone know if Gail Lorraine Joiner was ever discussed? She isnt on the rule-outs list on Namus. She does resemble "Cali" and is from Florida. The necklace she is wearing looks similar to the one found on "Cali".

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2190dffl.html

GAIL LORRAINE JOINER

Missing since September 22, 1972 from Thonotosassa, Hillsborough County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 22, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 0"; 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde/brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her cheek and facial freckles.
Clothing: jeans. No shoes.
Dentals/DNA: Not available.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Joiner was last seen in Thonotosassa, Florida on September 22, 1972.

It has been reported that she came home from school, ate a sandwich, then left home to walk her pet raccoon, Bandit, on a leash. Witnesses saw Joiner standing near a white car parked on the edge of a work area, but nobody saw her get in the vehicle. She has never been heard from again.

Joiner moved to Florida from Michigan a few months before her disappearance. She has six siblings.

A suspect confessed to her murder and described the location of the remains, but a search could not locate her. The suspect recanted the confession but knew details only the killer would know.

If she went missing in 1972 at age 13, though, she'd be almost 20 in 1979. Which I guess isn't quite out of line, but is really pushing the upper edge of the age range.

There is no mention of freckles on Cali but the look is close and the time gap would explain the lack of medical attention. It seems worth submitting.

Hav you seen this?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....225056140864236.49739.222558184447365&type=1

Seeking TheLost

5/3/2013: I must share with you our new page People Seeking People may have solved the case of Caledonia Jane Doe (left) found murdered in New York during 1979 posted on Seeking TheLost a number of months ago. Here's how:

Yesterday Grace Murray posted a photo of her sister Linette Marie Miller (right), DOB 8/30/1961 in Brooklyn, New York, who she hadn't seen or heard from since 1977. Others and I researched the case and determined she must be deceased or moved out of the country because there was no data on her.

When asked, Grace indicated Linette had never been reported missing. "Linette lived with our mother Grace Miller until Grace's death in March 1977. After that she lived with me for a few months then went to live with another sister for a few months. She then went hitch hiking out west to visit an uncle then living in Idaho. The friend hitching with her made it to the uncles house but she said Linette went with a trucker," Grace wrote on People Seeking People.

Caledonia Jane Doe had been dumped about 20 feet (6.1 m) from the south side of U.S. Route 20 and 0.5 miles from the intersection of U.S. Route 20 with New York State Route 5.

Truckers interviewed by police reported having seen the girl hitchhiking and catching rides prior to her death. One trucker stated that he saw Caledonia Jane Doe trying to hitchhike to Boston, Massachusetts the night before she died."

Linette looked familiar to me so I decided to look at unidentified Jane Does on www.namus.gov and quickly realized why when I laid eyes on the thumbnail of Caledonia Jane Doe. I was stunned and filled with a flood of emotions from the realization I may have found Linette.

Grace was informed and did not deny this Jane Doe could be her sister and will be filing a missing person case tomorrow as well as contacting the caseworker for Caledonia Jane Doe's Namus case to discuss submitting DNA for comparison.

Thankfully, Caledonia Jane Doe's remains were exhumed for the purpose of obtaining DNA so a comparison can be made.

This case has received national attention, appearing on such television shows as America's Most Wanted.

Edit: Remeber that SeeKing the lost has a tendency to just jump to a conslusion, he/she has been wrong many many times before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member