GUILTY NY - Carlina White, 3 wks, Harlem, 4 Aug 1987

Such an inspiring story, so glad she found her real mother. The NY Daily News identifies the mother who raised her, it sounds as though she was a drug user and abusive.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/01/19/2011-01-19_cold_case_over_carlina_white_kidnapped_as_infant_from_hospital_24_years_ago_reui.html

It sounds as though there's a good chance they'll find out who kidnapped her. Hope it brings resolution to the other children kidnapped in the same area. Wouldn't it be great if they could locate the others?

Thanks bunches for the link Betty! It would be wonderful if the others were now located! I wonder about Carlina's 'younger brother' too.

I am curious if the fake mother resembles the mysterious woman in white from the hospital. Also, was there ever a composite sketch of the woman in white?

I applaud Carlina's persistence in finding her family. I think it would be just dandy if her efforts lead to solving other cases. Surely, we will learn more details with the passage of time.

Moo

wm

Wow! Gives me hope today, when I've spent a night feeling so hopeless. :)

What wonderful news for a change!! May there be many more happy outcomes for other missing children.

Carlina
is a very brave young lady.
I think all people are born with the desire to find and know & love our families...
her gut feelings worked for her...
I really am so glad she is doing well..and hope the adjustment works as well...

Wow! Gives me hope today, when I've spent a night feeling so hopeless. :)

I am glad DewSeeker. Thank the Lord for small favors, right? I've had my share of 'hopeless nights' throughout my life. Ahhhh, blessed HOPE always seems to appear at just the right time! Hope you have a peaceful sleep tonight, friend :seeya:

wm

Awesome!!

NYpost article

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/alive_and_well_after_years_csPmfEkVeUXYgRUTbYbyLL

The US Justice Department will pursue the case against Ann Pettway, a source said, because the feds, unlike the NYPD, have no statute of limitations for kidnapping charges if the victim was under 18 and is still alive.

Pettway, reached at her Raleigh, NC, home, said she was leaving for Connecticut last night.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, I'm coming back to straighten this all out," she told The Post.

"I raised her, and I was a good mom," she insisted.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/alive_and_well_after_years_csPmfEkVeUXYgRUTbYbyLL#ixzz1Bb4eItr9

It's hard to tell from the pics I've seen how accurate the age progression was. Seems okay, but not easy to compare. This is a blessed opportunity to see how well the age progression worked.

WOOOOOOOOOOOW! Just when I've given up hope on humanity. This is such a good story. It makes me wonder about all those other kids that were abducted as infants.

This is such a wonderful story. It needs to be told even more. I would love to see Lifetime make her story into a made for tv movie. I am so happy for her family, but so sad at all the time that has been lost.

They need to go back and investigate those children further. It is highly suspicious and probably not a coincidence that these same 2 kids were playing with the abducted.

It's hard to tell from the pics I've seen how accurate the age progression was. Seems okay, but not easy to compare. This is a blessed opportunity to see how well the age progression worked.

I'm not sure what "age" Carlina is supposed to be in this age progession, but I have to say I think it's VERY accurate when compared to her now photo...... an absolutely amazing story. I hope there are many happy years in Carlina and her daughters future !!!

Attachments

• alg_carlina_white_02.jpg
    alg_carlina_white_02.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 31
  • white_carlina_ap.jpg
    white_carlina_ap.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 31
Smart and beautiful!!! Congratulations, may you have an eternity of love surround you. :)

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2011/01/20/16966066.html
Woman solves own kidnapping 23 years later

By QMI Agency

Carlina White, kidnapped from the hospital as a newborn 23 years ago, has been reunited with her birth parents, reports the New York Daily News. (Facebook)

Carlina White, kidnapped from the hospital as a newborn 23 years ago, has been reunited with her birth parents thanks to her own detective work.

At just 19 days old, White was snatched by a phony nurse from New York City's Harlem hospital in August 1987.

The headline-grabbing case eventually grew cold, but her parents never lost hope.

This is the first that I have heard of this case and I am simply amazed! This dark and cold winter has just gotten a whole lot brighter and warmer!

This is such a wonderful story. It needs to be told even more. I would love to see Lifetime make her story into a made for tv movie. I am so happy for her family, but so sad at all the time that has been lost.

Good idea, but I'd love to see this made into a feature movie. I am overjoyed at this story! :great::great::great:

So much here is not good, but necessary. This is just so uplifting! And to think she did it all herself. What a smart, brave and special woman she is. The pics with her Mom and Dad are spectacular. All are ridiculously happy! Just does my heart good.

Daughter snatched from hospital reunited with mom 23 years later
In 1987, an anguished, trembling Joy White pleaded for someone to help her find her infant daughter.

"I hope she's all right," the heartbroken mother told reporters at the time before collapsing in tears.

Now, 23 years later, White is crying tears of joy as the decades-long mystery of her missing daughter reached a happy ending.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/20/new.york.missing.reunion/index.html?on.cnn=2&hpt=T2
With the aid of the internet and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the young woman found her real mother.

A great story with an encouraging message to those seeking missing loved ones: keep searching and never give up hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back