Found Deceased NY - Casie Weese, 37, husband says she walked away after they had flat tire, Apalachin, 1 Mar 2020

Police search river, creek for Upstate NY woman

APALACHIN, N.Y. -- New York State Police called in underwater recovery teams and drones Tuesday in their search for a 37-year-old woman who went missing in Tioga County on Sunday.

Police have yet to find Casie Weese, who went missing near Main Street in Apalachin on Sunday.

On Tuesday, police used the underwater recovery teams to search the Susquehanna River and Apalachin Creek, state police said. The state police’s aviation unit and drones were used by troopers to view the area in which Weese went missing from the air.

cc 10% only per WS/tos

I am also local and travel through Apalachin twice a day, every day, on my commute. This morning there was a construction sign on route 17/86 with a message to the effect of "missing woman, watch for gray Rogue JEM1426".

I only read the headline and was like "Mmmmm-hmmmmm." Sure she did.

After reading all the articles, I was like ok, I suppose there is a possibility that she wandered off drunk into the darkness and the husband never called police or searched for her and just went back to the party unconcerned la-dee-da. Then over-posting on FB. Stranger things have happened.

Police search river, creek for Upstate NY woman

APALACHIN, N.Y. -- New York State Police called in underwater recovery teams and drones Tuesday in their search for a 37-year-old woman who went missing in Tioga County on Sunday.

Police have yet to find Casie Weese, who went missing near Main Street in Apalachin on Sunday.

On Tuesday, police used the underwater recovery teams to search the Susquehanna River and Apalachin Creek, state police said. The state police’s aviation unit and drones were used by troopers to view the area in which Weese went missing from the air.

cc 10% only per WS/tos
Sad to think she could be in the water. Seems when water is nearby, there's always a decent chance the person took a fall and ended up there. JMO

I am also local and travel through Apalachin twice a day, every day, on my commute. This morning there was a construction sign on route 17/86 with a message to the effect of "missing woman, watch for gray Rogue JEM1426".
Is this is for her, why the vehicle description and plate number? She walked away...supposedly. JMO

Is this is for her, why the vehicle description and plate number? She walked away...supposedly. JMO

I wondered too and googled the plate number and came back with this, seems the gray Rogue is a 77 year old male in the area who is also missing. I would suspect that this is not related to Casie's disappearance:

Robert Shield, 77, has Alzheimer’s disease and he may be in need of medical attention. Shield was last seen on Tuesday around 4 p.m. on Oneida River Road in Pennellville. Shield is driving a 2019 gray Nissan Rogue with license plate JEM 1426. He may be in the Binghamton area and heading towards Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
State Police asking public to be on the lookout for missing vulnerable adult

I wondered too and googled the plate number and came back with this, seems the gray Rogue is a 77 year old male in the area who is also missing. I would suspect that this is not related to Casie's disappearance:

Robert Shield, 77, has Alzheimer’s disease and he may be in need of medical attention. Shield was last seen on Tuesday around 4 p.m. on Oneida River Road in Pennellville. Shield is driving a 2019 gray Nissan Rogue with license plate JEM 1426. He may be in the Binghamton area and heading towards Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Thank you for looking into that (there are probably 10 gray Rogues in our parking lot and I was giving them all the hairy eyeball when I got to work) -- it makes it quite confusing as DOT put the sign right before the Apalachin exit.

I have a couple of coworkers who live across the river from Apalachin, and NYSP has asked them and the other residents along route 17C for their doorbell/security camera footage from 3/1.

It's just a short walk (less than 1/2 mile) from where they allegedly had the flat to a plaza with a very active gas station, McDonalds, two motels and two restaurants; there's also a car wash and a Dunkin in the same proximity. There used to be a truck stop there, and although it has been gone for years, it's still frequented by trucks for refueling, etc. It's busy 24 hours a day and I don't feel it's too much of a stretch to think you could hitch a ride from there (I'm assuming that this didn't happen if NYSP is searching the river and elsewhere, but when I saw the sign on the highway this morning I thought maybe...)

It's just a short walk (less than 1/2 mile) from where they allegedly had the flat to a plaza with a very active gas station, McDonalds, two motels and two restaurants; there's also a car wash and a Dunkin in the same proximity. There used to be a truck stop there, and although it has been gone for years, it's still frequented by trucks for refueling, etc. It's busy 24 hours a day and I don't feel it's too much of a stretch to think you could hitch a ride from there (I'm assuming that this didn't happen if NYSP is searching the river and elsewhere, but when I saw the sign on the highway this morning I thought maybe...)
Thanks for your local perspective.

Missing woman left disabled vehicle, husband: What we know about search for Casie Weese

For nearly three days, 19-year-old Kaila Weese has been diligently answering her phone. Any call, she hopes, could be her mother.

But Kaila hasn't heard from 37-year-old Casie Weese, of Glen Aubrey, since she left a party in Apalachin early Sunday.

"I think if my mom knew that somebody was looking for her, she would have called us and let us know that she was OK," Kaila said by phone Tuesday morning. "It’s not normal for her not to call."

They were searching through the Susquehanna River, but I don’t think my mom ended up in the river," Kaila said. "I don’t think my mom is dead, even. She’s out there."

Kaila said it's unlike her mother to disappear.

“I was speechless for about a few minutes," Kaila said of the moment she learned her mom was missing. "I (fell) silent on the phone, and I was like, ‘where could she be?’"

I just hope she’s not out there actually needing medical attention or she’s actually hurt," said Kaila, who said Casie has muscular dystrophy and the disease could cause her muscles to lock up. "I just hope that she’s OK and she’s safe. But I would like her to at least know that she can call me and tell me that she’s OK."

According to police, K9’s, investigators from the Bureau of Criminal Investigations, Special Operations Response Team, and the Underwater Recovery Team were assisted by New York State Forest Rangers, Tioga County Sheriff’s Deputies, the Apalachin Fire Department, and the Tioga County Search and Rescue Team.

My mom is kind, she’s very kind. My mom has a heart of gold," Kaila said. "She’s just a genuine person. I don’t think anybody that ever has met my mom could hurt my mom. She’s just a nice person."

MOO my thoughts go out to Casie and her daughter.
I hope she is located safe. Seems the daughter is fighting hard to find her.
Where are you Casie?

Those words "we had a slight disagreement" don't sound to promising to me.
I hope Im wrong.
And, I"d like to know their level of intoxication too.

I wonder how cold it was that she's going to just 'walk away?' And go where?

Missing woman left disabled vehicle, husband: What we know about search for Casie Weese

For nearly three days, 19-year-old Kaila Weese has been diligently answering her phone. Any call, she hopes, could be her mother.

But Kaila hasn't heard from 37-year-old Casie Weese, of Glen Aubrey, since she left a party in Apalachin early Sunday.

"I think if my mom knew that somebody was looking for her, she would have called us and let us know that she was OK," Kaila said by phone Tuesday morning. "It’s not normal for her not to call."

They were searching through the Susquehanna River, but I don’t think my mom ended up in the river," Kaila said. "I don’t think my mom is dead, even. She’s out there."

“I was speechless for about a few minutes," Kaila said of the moment she learned her mom was missing. "I (fell) silent on the phone, and I was like, ‘where could she be?’"

I just hope she’s not out there actually needing medical attention or she’s actually hurt," said Kaila, who said Casie has muscular dystrophy and the disease could cause her muscles to lock up. "I just hope that she’s OK and she’s safe. But I would like her to at least know that she can call me and tell me that she’s OK."

According to police, K9’s, investigators from the Bureau of Criminal Investigations, Special Operations Response Team, and the Underwater Recovery Team were assisted by New York State Forest Rangers, Tioga County Sheriff’s Deputies, the Apalachin Fire Department, and the Tioga County Search and Rescue Team.

My mom is kind, she’s very kind. My mom has a heart of gold," Kaila said. "She’s just a genuine person. I don’t think anybody that ever has met my mom could hurt my mom. She’s just a nice person."

Where are you Casie?
From the articles:
“State police detectives have interviewed Kaila, questioning her about Ronnie. ‘My dad would never lay a hand on my mom... may have hit her head and lost her memory, or may have gotten lost’, Kaila said.”

Daughter seems pretty confident no foul play involving family members. I wish we had more info regarding her muscular dystrophy condition. I grew up with a classmate who had the disease & died from it while still in HS. I had no idea there were so many variations of the disease- some apparently mild, but I can’t imagine heading out solo, late at night, in colder temps. Hope she’s ok.
What are the types of muscular dystrophy?

Wow they kind of messed up putting the messages together. I mean yes you should be looking for both, but it definitely makes it seem the car is related to her.

Wow they kind of messed up putting the messages together. I mean yes you should be looking for both, but it definitely makes it seem the car is related to her.

I'm willing to believe that I erroneously saw "woman" instead of "man" because I was aware she was missing -- I was busy looking at the river and the strip between highway/river when I spotted the sign, and my brain just made the change in pronoun. I'm frankly thrilled that I remembered the plate number correctly considering that most days I'm hard-pressed to remember my own name...

Where are you Casie?
Is Casie then indeed in possession of her phone? Would seem so if family is trying to reach her. Not a good sign, IMO.

Is Casie then indeed in possession of her phone? Would seem so if family is trying to reach her. Not a good sign, IMO.
Nothing I have seen reported in MSM, but I read a little SM and found my answer.

Nothing I have seen reported in MSM, but I read a little SM and found my answer.
Deal.
BBM

"State police say they are concerned about Weese because it was cold outside when she went missing early Sunday and she has a medical condition that can make it difficult for her to walk, Dembinska said.

Ronnie Weese posted on social media that his wife left her cell phone at their friend’s house."

Search continues for missing Upstate New York woman

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519