NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

I think it’s telling that they think she gave birth around 15 years earlier.
Even if she was a teen mom, she would be at least 30 years old. She also had a bit of grey hair. I know that can occure in your 20’s (know that a bit too well i’m afraid).

When looking for missing persons in Belgium & the Netherlands, they are eather too young or the story doesn’t add up.

But that’s, in a lot of cases, why they aren’t identified. Something doesn’t add up so they aren’t popping up in searches online. That is if they were officially missing.

Example:
Anny Heyligers

Went missing long before Jane Doe was found. But gave birth 15-16years prior.
No indication she went to the US. But no indication of other options, so the option stays open.

It makes it difficult when searching wider, but all i want to say is: a lot of times i see peoples suggestions getting a quick “nope, no link to the US”, “nope, they suspect the husband”,… on all threaths.

But try to remember that there would not be as much jane/john does if they all died where it would be the most obvious.

up MF-0207

Looks-wise I still like @carbuff suggestion from back on page 1 that this could possibly be Angela Harttman, from Ottawa, who was traveling in western Canada the summer of 1983.
817DFON - Angela Hartmann

In general though, I'm still struggling though with what would bring a Canadian (or someone traveling from Europe to Canada) to upper NY State. Yes, tourists go to Niagara Falls, and yes, back in the day people in the Golden Horseshoe of Ontario would go across the border to Buffalo for the cheap beer and chicken wings, but Ellery is a longish/out-of-the-way to go from Buffalo/Niagara to dump a body. It seems to me that there must be a connection to that area.
I don't know about Angela. Ellery Doe gave birth. Did Angela have children?

I think it’s telling that they think she gave birth around 15 years earlier.
Even if she was a teen mom, she would be at least 30 years old. She also had a bit of grey hair. I know that can occure in your 20’s (know that a bit too well i’m afraid).

When looking for missing persons in Belgium & the Netherlands, they are eather too young or the story doesn’t add up.

But that’s, in a lot of cases, why they aren’t identified. Something doesn’t add up so they aren’t popping up in searches online. That is if they were officially missing.

Example:
Anny Heyligers

No indication she went to the US. But no indication of other options, so the option stays open.

It makes it difficult when searching wider, but all i want to say is: a lot of times i see peoples suggestions getting a quick “nope, no link to the US”, “nope, they suspect the husband”,… on all threaths.

But try to remember that there would not be as much jane/john does if they all died where it would be the most obvious.

up MF-0207

Bring back up this link

To me, that just sounds like they are doing genealogy on her already and the hits so far has led them to these countries. Even a comment from yesterday seems to confirm it.

LE is in contact over this through appropriate channels. I once came up with Ms. Heyligers, because I think she has the general look, but now I'm convinced Ellery Doe isn't a registered missing person, like Anny Heyligers.

Bring back up this link

To me, that just sounds like they are doing genealogy on her already and the hits so far has led them to these countries. Even a comment from yesterday seems to confirm it.

LE is in contact over this through appropriate channels. I once came up with Ms. Heyligers, because I think she has the general look, but now I'm convinced Ellery Doe isn't a registered missing person, like Anny Heyligers.
Sorry Bitofhope, she was an example to show with what i wanted to say.

I do know people getting themselves on geneology-websites isn’t that common in Belgium, the Netherlands & Germany as it is in, for instance, the US.

I hope that the police in the area’s of interest will use msm to ask if anyone misses a loved one etc. It might jog someones memory or let people come forward who simply thought their loved one started a new life over seas. I hope she gets her name back!

Do you guys know if her DNA leads to these countries or the isotopes-tests? That’s a huge difference.

Sorry Bitofhope, she was an example to show with what i wanted to say.

I do know people getting themselves on geneology-websites isn’t that common in Belgium, the Netherlands & Germany as it is in, for instance, the US.

I hope that the police in the area’s of interest will use msm to ask if anyone misses a loved one etc. It might jog someones memory or let people come forward who simply thought their loved one started a new life over seas. I hope she gets her name back!

Do you guys know if her DNA leads to these countries or the isotopes-tests? That’s a huge difference.
No need to say sorry. :) I get what you wanted to say. Actually I'm still not sure what lead them to believe so curtain that she is from an European country. Besides the IUD, her dentals and the Italian clothing that could point to that, I never saw a "hard" statement about that, based on DNA.

«There is no doubt she originated from one of these countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy or Canada).»

Quoted directly from the comments (since I can’t link directly to them, only the post itself):

Q: Has anyone done any familiar DNA test? Could find a biological similarity or match.
UC: yes, completed, working on matches

Quoted directly from the comments (since I can’t link directly to them, only the post itself):

Q: Has anyone done any familiar DNA test? Could find a biological similarity or match.
UC: yes, completed, working on matches
Thanks. Good to know. I must have missed that completely.

That tracheotomy scar is a huge identifying feature.

If she had the procedure before missing, yes, I would also think that would be a significant identifier.

I've been wondering about that feature. Has there been any statement on how long before death the scar would be estimated to have been formed? Are they sure it's from a tracheostomy/tracheotomy? There's a statement in the new article that mentions another scar could be related (if I'm understanding correctly; I found some of the phrasing confusing) -- would it be common medical practice w a trach procedure to involve the area behind the left ear as well? Maybe it would be helpful to know dimensions of the scar. Perhaps they mean whatever situation caused the scar behind the ear necessitated the trach procedure?

Example:
Anny Heyligers

up MF-0207

(Rsbm).
My search experience & opinion has been similar

So far, in Netherlands, e.g. (imo) none of the missing persons in a reasonable range match the estimates and description of Ellery Doe. An age would be too old or too young; hair or eye colour different.

As noted somewhere above, it's possible she wasn't reported missing. It's also possible the records have been gone. Another possibility would be that she had been missing for a considerable amount of time before she was found -- has anyone noted a child or teenager seeming to fit Ellery Doe?

As example (maybe not one of the most apt, but just to say), this woman may have moved to Canada and had giving birth to at least two children; it's possible there was an earlier birth not noted/known. Some of the other information is a bit off, though.

I was kind of intrigued by this paper clipping. It's probably nothing and I couldn't find anything on this case in other sources. This paper clipping is from 1994. If she would have been 47 in 1994 she is born in approx. 1947 and would have been approx. 36 in 1983.

View attachment 390176
I also could not find much about Dorothy’s case, so I emailed the Colonie Police Department. This is their response:

“...my access to records does not reach that far back. I’m sorry I can’t help you.”

Now, I’m not so sure Dorothy is Ellery Doe, but I sure the heck want to know if she is a forgotten case! I will look into this further.

It's the Daily Gazette, New York (Sunday edition), December 11, 1994

View attachment 390378
Bit of hope, would you mind starting a thread for Dorothy (in Missing)? I couldn't access the article, and the image you shared (thank you) was not legible on my device, so I have no approved link and don't know what information was shared in the DG.

I found a little bit of information on DM and could use help finding more, but in case it's unrelated, I thought it should go in her own thread (found no results for her here on WS).

Bit of hope, would you mind starting a thread for Dorothy (in Missing)? I couldn't access the article, and the image you shared (thank you) was not legible on my device, so I have no approved link and don't know what information was shared in the DG.

I found a little bit of information on DM and could use help finding more, but in case it's unrelated, I thought it should go in her own thread (found no results for her here on WS).
No, I wouldn't mind. The problem is we don't know for sure this woman is still missing. I don't know how to find more info on that. @Find Brenda tried, but hit a brick wall.

1673361431536.jpeg1673361976721.jpeg

Eva Norma Valles was a habitual runaway from Chicago With DLC June 1975 although many sightings after last contact. She looks just like Ellery JD here.

Below picture is enhanced.
1673362219344.jpeg

View attachment 394318View attachment 394324

Eva Norma Valles was a habitual runaway from Chicago With DLC June 1975 although many sightings after last contact. She looks just like Ellery JD here.

Below picture is enhanced.
View attachment 394325
I see the resemblance, Eva Norma Valles would have been around 27 years old in 1983, so she is close to the estimated age.

For the physical resemblance and because she was a habitual runaway (so she might still have been alive in 1983) this is really worth submitting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starrynight8974
Back