NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

December 10, 2023

Authorities are investigating whether a man suspected of being the “Snapshot Killer” might be responsible for a Jane Doe found in Ellery, New York, 40 years ago.

Identifying Ellery Jane Doe is one of the top priorities for Di Zinno and his partner in the Unsolved Crimes Unit, Tom Tarpley. While they’d like to give Ellery Jane Doe her name back, Di Zinno told Dateline they’d like to return her to her family, as well. “There’s somebody that’s missing her that --. We know she had a child,” he said.

Di Zinno said they’ve connected with police in Florida who had Wilder’s DNA on file from an unrelated case. “The Palm Beach Police actually still had his DNA. So we have his DNA that we’re tracking against Ellery Jane Doe’s clothing.” The investigator added that the DNA will be used to test in the Shari Lynne Ball and Tammy Jo Alexander cases, too.

ETA.

Lengthy article!
Dec. 10, 2023
By Veronica Fulton
1702232951426.png
''Di Zinno told Dateline authorities have another goal: to identify Ellery Jane Doe’s killer. “What we’re hoping, perhaps, is if we can identify the killer first, we might have more success in finding her,” he said.

And this year, authorities are looking at a potential suspect in her case.

His name is Christopher Wilder, an Australian-born man suspected of being a serial killer dubbed the ‘Snapshot Killer.’ “Christopher Bernard Wilder is a prolific monster,” Di Zinno said. ''
Christopher Wilder
Christopher Wilder
''According to Di Zinno, Wilder emigrated to the United States in the late ‘60s. He landed in Florida and found success in the construction business. He also became an IMSA sports car driver. “He would go to these car races. He would do a lot of research and he would pose himself as a photographer for a local modeling agency, a film production studio,” Di Zinno told Dateline. “He would talk these young women into being a model.”

“That’s how he abducted them,” Di Zinno said. According to the investigator, Wilder “went on a rampage across the country” in a six-week spree from February to April of 1984. “When you look at the FBI records, it seems like every office in the United States was involved,” Di Zinno told Dateline. According to a Los Angeles Times article from 1984, the FBI “formally connected him to the abductions of 11 women.”

Last edited:
Before German reunification and from 1990 to 1993, West and East Germany had their own postal codes, each 4 digits long. In 1983, these codes were also prefixed with "D" (for Deutschland, viz. West Germany) or "DDR" (Deutsche Demokratische Republic or East Germany).
These are not German PLZ (Postleitzahl, postcodes) because their format is anachronistic to the year in which the UID was found.

her death predates the killing spree. That would mean he was killing people in the US prior to the start of the spree

It's possible though. He's suspected of many other rapes, kidnappings, and murders dating back to his youth in Sydney.

Wikipedia lists two murders he's associated with in October 1983 as well as possibly being the murderer of Tammy Jo Alexander.

This may have been done already bjt this is what I see on what the note says of you look at it. It says something about Baby blue and 725. S.E Marine and A phone and another number
Next is just the other stuff
Son KRB/KRO/KRQ 242333
KRBa since the B is not written like how the other b is I’m thinking the first one is between KRQ and KRO. Now back to the 2nd one
KRBA 68301 (She wrote over the 2 and put a 1 instead)
Now the last one is
Saog. 74261 (Hope this helps)

Could the note be showing bank account balances with the abbreviations being for the banks, European, with the figures being in DM, Lira or a pre EU currency?
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking regarding the note
Style of writing is completely resplendent of Austria or Germany.
Not just the number 7 that is crossed but the style of the number 1 as well.

Also the style of her sweater is completely Austrian imho - the sleeves - and the full dirndl style of plaid skirt as well (though this was the traditional preppy style in the US in 1983 as well) the size 40 is also Austrian sizing (maybe German and Italian as well) - actually throughout most of Europe - it would correspond with an approximate size 8 imho

I have a potential match but unless her very low height is an error, it pretty much excludes her. She was originally German but went missing from Australia after being there for 2 months.

Lydia Martha Notz​

ap

Name: Lydia Martha Notz
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: October 31, 1976
Location Last Seen: Chapel Hill, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: 1955
Race: White
Height: 147 cm
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Slim build; fair complexion.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Lydia Notz was last seen at a friend's address in Brisbane on 31 October 1976.

She left a note saying she would return in about a week, however she has not been seen since.

Lydia Notz was a resident of Germany before arriving in Brisbane on 6 September 1976.

Also the style of her sweater is completely Austrian imho - the sleeves - and the full dirndl style of plaid skirt as well (though this was the traditional preppy style in the US in 1983 as well) the size 40 is also Austrian sizing (maybe German and Italian as well) - actually throughout most of Europe - it would correspond with an approximate size 8 imho

Yes, this outfit would have been stylish in the US in 1983, especially for women working in white-collar jobs. I had a couple of very similar outfits.

Another possible match - Emilia Nawrocka. She went missing from Elbląg, Poland in 1975 (she was 40 years old) but she was not reported missing until 2007. She left home and never contacted her family again. Her family did not explain why she wasn't reported missing for so long but I assume they thought that she left on her own volition.

Emilia Nawrocka

1711061366367.png

Height: 156-160 CM / 5'1"-5'3"
Weight: 70-89 kg / 154-196 pounds
Complexion: Dark
Eye colour: Light (My own comment - I don't know how to interpret Polish police missing persons' descriptions, they are pretty subjective and vague. It may mean light brown. It is rare in Poland to have dark hair and dark complexion and have any other eye colour than brown.)
Hair: Dark, wavy
Distinguishing mark: A scar from cut close to the thumb.
Blood: ARh+

Last edited:
Someone wanted this woman undoubtedly dead, and likely in a hurry if she was left in a ditch. You shoot someone in the mouth (or execution style) to destroy the medulla, no guesswork, and least likely to survive. The number of shots seems excessive, but not necessarily personal (no damage to her face). This seems like a hit to me, by someone who didn't know her and wasn't particularly concerned about ever being connected to her. Could this woman have been a spy or foreign criminal who was tracked down and was in the area only because of the U.S.-Canada border? That would make everything more difficult if neither she nor the shooter/s were local.

Canada, yes. US, no, because the IUD was not used there.
The only likely logical hypothesis is the doctor of Italian descent in Canada.

You can't buy an IUD without a prescription.
And how could the doctor recommend/prescribe this specific IUD without having examined the UID ?
Sorry, it doesn't make sense at all.

Again, how would said doctor prescribe the IUD and make the relative buy the IUD with a prescription without having actually examined the IUD ?
The problem is that you can't prescribe an IUD without having examined the lady first and foremost.

The only likely hypothesis is the doctor being of Italian descent in Canada.
Or the European woman traveling in the US.
I can't tell you about 1983 in Canada, but I can tell you about 1986 in Canada.

As a Uni student in 1986, I had a UID fitted and placed. I was childless and 17, but sexually active (which is all the doctor cared about - that I "must be sexually active" to be fitted for one). As I am Canadian, all my medial needs were covered. For the foreign students, part of the tuition-costs was for mandatory medical coverage through Blue Shield (now Medavie Blue Cross). My dorm-mate was from Barbados and she was covered for her annual paps, having her birth control prescribed etc. We had a health clinic on-site where we booked our appointments etc and went to see the doctor for routine/check-ups etc. For emergencies, any individual can go to any Canadian hospital.

Could she have been a foreign (European) student at a Canadian University? A graduate Student? Doctoral? Faculty?

Last edited:
This may have been done already bjt this is what I see on what the note says of you look at it. It says something about Baby blue and 725. S.E Marine and A phone and another number
Next is just the other stuff
Son KRB/KRO/KRQ 242333
KRBa since the B is not written like how the other b is I’m thinking the first one is between KRQ and KRO. Now back to the 2nd one
KRBA 68301 (She wrote over the 2 and put a 1 instead)
Now the last one is
Saog. 74261 (Hope this helps)

I write in cursive and I think it says :

1. Sas. K.P.G (If it was an "o", the link with the next letter would be at the top, not the bottom. I think it's a "P" because if you look at the other capital "R", they dont look alike. The "R" the loop is way lower and complete unlike the first one. As for the G, yes it looks like an O, but people dont usually bring the loop down like that, but could be)

2. K.R.Ba.

3. Srng or Srvg (There's no period after the "S" so it must be a lowercase letter, it's not an "a" so I think it's a lowercase "r" and from the bottom they did either a lowercase "n" or a lowercase "v" then a loop for the "g".)

(I'm French so sorry if my explanations don't make sense haha, and I'm not 110 % sure either!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back