NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

I wish it would be true - but I am going to say - No - he won't go to jail cause he is going to appeal the decision & "somehow" stay out of jail - you know - he is after all a presidential candidate.... :(
Just a guess on my part but I think if convicted, Trump will serve his sentence at home with a monitor on his ankle during the appeal process.

The question I have is IF he is convicted, will his candidacy continue to receive support of the RNC?

JMO

Tuesday, May 14th:
*Trial continues (Day 13) (@ 9:30am ET) – NY - *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women [Stephanie Clifford aka adult actor Stormy Daniels & former Playboy model Karen McDougal] before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on own recognizance. New York County
New York: Submitting false invoices or checks. All 34 counts against Trump are felony charges (class E) instead of misdemeanors.
Trial began on 4/15/24 with jury selection & ended on 4/19/24. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [Jurors: 7 men & 5 women/6 Alternates: 5 women & 1 man].
Trial began on 4/22/24. Trial is expected to run 4 days a week [Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays].
New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Marchan presiding. Manhattan Attorney General Alvin Bragg. Prosecutors are Susan Hoffinger, Joshua Steinglass & Matthew Colangelo. Defense attorneys Todd Blanche, Emil Bove, Susan Necheles & Gedalia Stern.
Trump is required to attend each day in person — although the judge could grant permission for special absences. Trump has vowed to attend court during the day & travel to campaign events at night.

Investigation & court info from 3/30/23 thru 4/12/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-4 (4/15-4/19/24) & Trial Day 1-11 (4/22-5/9/24) reference post #230 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/page-12

5/13/24 Monday, Trial Day 12: *Judge Juan Merchan began the morning by addressing the separation agreement that Allen Weisselberg signed that says he can't talk with anyone about Trump unless testifying. The prosecution wanted to enter the agreement into evidence, but Merchan said he's not going to allow it in because he said it doesn't seem to prove anything or move the ball in any direction.
*State witness: Michael Cohen [first began working for Trump in 2007, his initial salary would be $375,000]. Will be back on stand tomorrow.
For more info see post #231 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/page-12
Trial continues on Tuesday, 5/14/24,

If you want an indepth analysis and background of Cohen and Trump, this is very long, but amazing
(THREAD) This is a live thread of the testimony of Michael Cohen in Donald Trump’s criminal trial. Its author is a NYT-bestselling Trump biographer and former criminal defense attorney. I’ll not only be covering the testimony live but adding essential background.

255/ And this is a more *relevant* question than my tongue-in-cheek treatment of it suggests. Some of the major questions I get asked as a Trump biographer are, How does he get away with it? Why does no one stop his crimes? Why doesn’t he faces the consequences the rest of us do?

256/ And I’ve no answer for it—honestly. It’s the one question I can’t find an answer to as a Trump biographer. And I know none of you have found it either. So if a priest came to me and said that Trump has a deal with the Devil, it would seem as good an explanation to me as any.

Last edited:
wow...but not surprising at all

Cohen received a phone call from Trump in response to a message Cohen left regarding the FBI raid. He said "Don't worry, I'm the President of the US...everything's going to be ok. Stay tough. You're going to be OK."Cohen hasn't talked to Trump since that call.

How did that call affect how you acted going forward? I felt reassured because I had the President of the United States protecting me. His Justice Department. So I remained in the camp...the Trump camp. I stayed loyal to him, continued to lie about his involvement.

A New York appeals court has just denied Trump's motion challenging his gag order. "We find that Justice Merchan properly weighed petitioner’s First Amendment Rights against the court’s historical commitment to ensuring the fair administration of justice in criminal cases..."

What Trump is doing now is having his loyal cult politicians attending the trial and speaking to the press outside of court.

JMO

What Trump is doing now is having his loyal cult politicians attending the trial and speaking to the press outside of court.

JMO
One way for Trump to get around the Gag order.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is evidence of Trump telling them what to say, which would likely be a violation of the Gag order.

JMO

One way for Trump to get around the Gag order.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is evidence of Trump telling them what to say, which would likely be a violation of the Gag order.

JMO
Wouldn't surprise me, either. When I heard the testimony that it was Trump's wife who came up with the "locker room" strategy to address the "Access Hollywood" video, I realized she's is as disgusting as he is.

JMO

I did not know this! Wow

Cohen: I was supposed to have a meeting for an electronic monitoring bracelet.And they give us a two page document that’s supposed to represent the federal location monitoring agreement .But it doesn't look like a federal document to me. There’s no identifiable numbers on to it. The first paragraph is a very broad paragraph of first amendment violations. I am not allowed to speak to the press-

HOFFINGER: did you question that agreement?
COHEN: i did
HOFFINGER: as a result of questioning it, were you sent back to prison
COHEN: yes, back to solitary confinement

If you want an indepth analysis and background of Cohen and Trump, this is very long, but amazing
(THREAD) This is a live thread of the testimony of Michael Cohen in Donald Trump’s criminal trial. Its author is a NYT-bestselling Trump biographer and former criminal defense attorney. I’ll not only be covering the testimony live but adding essential background.

255/ And this is a more *relevant* question than my tongue-in-cheek treatment of it suggests. Some of the major questions I get asked as a Trump biographer are, How does he get away with it? Why does no one stop his crimes? Why doesn’t he faces the consequences the rest of us do?

256/ And I’ve no answer for it—honestly. It’s the one question I can’t find an answer to as a Trump biographer. And I know none of you have found it either. So if a priest came to me and said that Trump has a deal with the Devil, it would seem as good an explanation to me as any.

JMO, a "deal with the Devil" is cutting our criminal justice system too much slack. It's not funny, not a joke. Trump and all the other wealthy, powerful crooks should be held accountable for their crimes, as they are in other developed nations, as the U.S. used to do.

Reuters has been tracking the calls for violence following trump's social media comments about this trial.

Quoted from linked article:
On a recent Tuesday morning, a visibly frustrated Donald Trump sat through a tense hearing in the first-ever criminal trial of a former American president. During a break, he let rip on his social media platform.

New York Justice Juan Merchan, Trump declared on Truth Social, is a “highly conflicted” overseer of a “kangaroo court.” Trump supporters swiftly replied to his post with a blitz of attacks on Merchan.

The comments soon turned ugly. Some called for Merchan and other judges hearing cases against Trump to be killed.

The rhetoric is inspiring widespread calls for violence. In a review of commenters’ posts on three pro-Trump websites, including the former president’s own Truth Social platform, Reuters documented more than 150 posts since March 1 that called for physical violence against the judges handling three of his highest-profile cases – two state judges in Manhattan and one in Georgia .....

Trump blasts his trial judges. Then his fans call for violence.

Reuters has been tracking the calls for violence following trump's social media comments about this trial.

Quoted from linked article:
On a recent Tuesday morning, a visibly frustrated Donald Trump sat through a tense hearing in the first-ever criminal trial of a former American president. During a break, he let rip on his social media platform.

New York Justice Juan Merchan, Trump declared on Truth Social, is a “highly conflicted” overseer of a “kangaroo court.” Trump supporters swiftly replied to his post with a blitz of attacks on Merchan.

The comments soon turned ugly. Some called for Merchan and other judges hearing cases against Trump to be killed.

The rhetoric is inspiring widespread calls for violence. In a review of commenters’ posts on three pro-Trump websites, including the former president’s own Truth Social platform, Reuters documented more than 150 posts since March 1 that called for physical violence against the judges handling three of his highest-profile cases – two state judges in Manhattan and one in Georgia .....

Trump blasts his trial judges. Then his fans call for violence.
The Cult leader needs to be in jail. I wonder why those threats of violence aren't considered domestic terrorism. Kids who use social media to make threats about their schools are arrested.

JMO

JMO
BUBM

Otherwise known as “flying monkeys.”

A classic example:

BUBM

Otherwise known as “flying monkeys.”

A classic example:
Thanks for the laugh! I can't think of a better reason to have term limits than this clown and his cult leader!

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15
Back