NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
LIVE STREAM: April the Giraffe not 'quite ready to give world what it wants'

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr.

Posted: 6:15 AM, April 03, 2017
Updated: 8:44 AM, April 03, 2017

...Monday: This morning keeper report is no interest in grain and only smelling lettuce treats. No discomfort evident, no distress - normal progression as expected in the process. Many of you may have witnessed what appeared as "pushing" contractions last night. The team and vet were in communication regarding these and were documented throughout the night. Let's see if April's plan is to break up your work week!...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/live/...e-not-quite-ready-to-give-world-what-it-wants

Let's see if April's plan is to break up your work week!...

Your mon stay tuned - Tues -stay tuned sat-upcoming snow storm-stay tuned wax doing this - wow a kick -breasts growing- the sun setting stay tuned - the moon out-doing a 180-degree circle today is the day- stay tuned-were excited and feel today is the day stay tuned ...............................................

I think the vet for April is like this! I am beginning to wonder if he got his degree from night school. j/k

[video=youtube;5Tme_i1hW0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tme_i1hW0w[/video]

I am with ya!! At least Prissy was honest!

:popcorn:

:lurk:

If any of you have been eating popcorn "during" this --you must be bigger than April!!

You have been warned! Looks like they forgot the tire chains

It just fits the post - not meaning to be making fun of this poor woman

[video=youtube;8feJAasU-x0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8feJAasU-x0[/video]

I love this link~~ It explains a lot about April and why this birth predictions could be so off. I was amazed their Gestational period is 17 months.. Yikes that about double of humans ( an we all know those variables).

April is not a newbie Momma.. think this will be her 3rd or 4th calf. She seems fine and does have moments of variable modes ( just like humans do) ..But April sure doesn't appear to be in distress nor acting unusual at all!!

Reading this link I believe it's quite possible there may have been assumption of when she conceived... so as long as April is behaving healthy and normal.. Let's just enjoy the privilege of ability to watch such a wonderful natural happening!!

Here's the link I am referring to~~ http://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...on-period-April-the-giraffe-pregnant-how-long

I do not think many of us have issues with them being wrong- it is the endless click baiting , that seems to be increasing, that is annoying. moo

I think the vet for April is like this! I am beginning to wonder if he got his degree from night school. j/k

[video=youtube;5Tme_i1hW0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tme_i1hW0w[/video]

:hilarious:

I have a "giant" giraffe instead of a mini giraffe. Really, it's a 12" wooden giraffe that was hand-carved and painted in Kenya. I've never been to Kenya, though (unfortunately). I bought it off of a coworker over 20 years ago. In the small apartment where I lived at the time, the sun coming through the windows washed out the colors. I was going to get rid of it at one time, but thankfully my mother talked me out of it. Oh, the reason I say it's a giant ... I have a miniature village (houses, barn, trees, people, etc.) displayed on a bookcase in my home. I set the giraffe on one end and it towers above the village, so I named the display "Giraffic Park." :noooo:

I'd forgotten, too, about the little stuffed giraffe I bought 2-3 years ago on the 4th of July, or the days leading up. I always dread that time of year because the fireworks people set off here are so loud. Because of neurologically problems, sudden loud noises cause my nerves to over-fire. It's painful and exhausting, so I try to find a quiet spot when it gets dark. One year I went shopping and didn't intend to buy another stuffed animal (I have a large menagerie), but I kept walking past it until I just couldn't resist any longer! :crush:

Another giraffe story:
A few decades ago, I went to the zoo with my sister. I got low on film in my camera and wanted to save the last two shots for an elephant and a giraffe. But, in the cat house, a snow leopard froze and stared at the camera around my neck. It looked like she was posing for the camera and wasn't about to move until I took her picture, and so I did. I used my last shot for a giraffe. My sister had plenty of film left so she agreed to take a picture of an elephant for me. :discuss:

Okay, that's all of the giraffe stories I can think of, but this post is long enough that April's calf should be on it's way right now! I'll go check ...

Honey

By now we would be on Encyclopædia Britannica!!

Her hesitancy is amazingly confusing but touching

For those of you have been watching a longer time when they opened the door before did she just go out??

Oh go out there sweet thing

Could it be the cold??

Well fine says Ollie "if you won't go I will"!!

For those of you have been watching a longer time when they opened the door before did she just go out??

Not the last time or two, that I saw, and that was weeks ago.

Maybe it's a little too chilly for her? Maybe giraffes don't get boiling hot at the end of pregnancy like I did? I would have sat in actual snow. Naked. LOL

OK so what is she thinking maybe if I go out there and have my baby it might be too cold?

Is the sunlight too bright?

Thisis the first time I have seen the door open so I am well I dont know what I am!

Not the last time or two, that I saw, and that was weeks ago.

Maybe it's a little too chilly for her? Maybe giraffes don't get boiling hot at the end of pregnancy like I did? I would have sat in actual snow. Naked. LOL

Ty I am not understanding what is going on but her walking toward the door and stopping (along with the music ) forget it - losing it and thats ok!

Maybe if they let Ollie out she would feel safe? No idea what I am babbling about!

OK so what is she thinking maybe if I go out there and have my baby it might be too cold?

Is the sunlight too bright?

Thisis the first time I have seen the door open so I am well I dont know what I am!

It would be interesting to know what she's thinking! Your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps she just feels more comfy and/or protected inside? She's just not thrilled about the door being open like Oliver is.

What are some of your thoughts about what she is doing?

Boy this is the first time I have watched her in anything other a barn -

The theme for Born Free struck me when the lady was in there and I realized she is opening the door . I thought awesome and it brought the music to my mind. So I yelled action , cue the orchestra , blasted it, and she started going outside. Started crying it was chilling and then she stopped just like the movie

I thought during the next big swell in the score our April would soar out into the brilliant sunlight.....................

At least fresh air ( I type this as i light another cigg )- I have never promised myself i would make too much sense!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member