Found Deceased NY - Halle Schmidt, 21, Copake, 2 Sept 2016

She, also, announced in her FB that she is quitting doing all drugs but weed.
This is interesting. She might have tried to step away from certain dealers she may have already known too much about.

Hudson Register-Star:

Columbia County Sheriff David Bartlett said the body has not been identified and he could not say whether the person was male or female.

Bartlett said the sheriff's office obtained information during an investigation to search the area of Old Post Road.
---
State police were seen photographing a dirt road leading into a field a few hundred feet from the area that was taped off for several hours.

"The body was found away from the house in a wooded area," Bartlett said.

The homeowner was unaware of the body, the sheriff added.
---
Bartlett said he had been in contact with the Schmidt family about Saturday's investigation.
---
The sheriff said he was unsure if drugs or foul play were involved in the person's death, but said nothing has been ruled out.
---
more at the link

OD and body taken, hidden, disposed of, is my first guess. Cocaine, though perhaps heroin.

Second: she knew too much.

This would be less than ten miles from the motor lodge where she may have been last seen at a party in Hudson.

Unofficial source says body has been ID'd, but no online media yet.

Daily Freeman:

“For those of you reporting on the missing woman in Columbia County, we are currently working an area where a body was located,” Lt. Wayne Lopez said in an email sent to numerous media outlets.
---
Schmidt was last seen Sept. 2 on Green Street in Greenport and may have been at a party on Joslen Boulevard in Greenport late the night of Sept. 3 or early Sept. 4, deputies said in a press release, adding her attendance at the party had not been confirmed.
---
more at the link

Hudson Register-Star:

Family member IDs body found as missing woman's

KINDERHOOK - The body found in a wooded area in Kinderhook was confirmed Saturday by a family member to be Halle Schmidt, a 21-year-old missing Copake resident.

Ashley Moore, the partner of Schmidt's uncle, said the woman found off Old Post Road on the Ghent/Kinderhook town border is the woman who was first reported missing to authorities Sept. 4.
---
Schmidt was last seen at the Joslyn Motor Lodge in Greenport on Friday night or early Saturday morning, Columbia County Sheriff's Investigator Kevin Skype said Wednesday.
---

Either murder or, more likely, perhaps -- death by misadventure.

Sadly I'm not shocked. IMO the writings on her facebook foretold what was going to be the ending. You defend heroin dealers, even using names when arguing with family that is in rehab, and are adamant that the dealers need customers so you know, they can make a living....well....I've always been told that when you get deep enough into the drug 'system' that you know the 'higher ups', you're not coming out alive.

I normally have empathy for drug addicts. It's not my nature to feel the way I do in this case.

I personally know of only one person that has survived leaving the drug world. She was a big time dealer, however she was arrested and sentenced in VA, government gave her a new identity, and she served federal prison time in FL. At one point, her only daughter was not allowed to have contact with her, know where she was in prison at, or her name. I do not know if that's still the case. I do know she's still alive as when she was released from FL she had to stay with someone for a year, and for 6 months of that time, a man that I still have no idea what his official title or capacity was, but he came before she was released from Federal prison, asked lots of questions of the lady she would be staying with. Searched the home and made sure no guns or alcohol were present. And had a long list of 'can't have, can't do' for the homeowner. That man LIVED in the home for 6 months before he finally left as quickly as he came!! He only ever used a first name in my presence and the lady, well I have no idea her last name either now! Was only allowed to call her by her first name.

Sadly I'm not shocked. IMO the writings on her facebook foretold what was going to be the ending. You defend heroin dealers, even using names when arguing with family that is in rehab, and are adamant that the dealers need customers so you know, they can make a living....well....I've always been told that when you get deep enough into the drug 'system' that you know the 'higher ups', you're not coming out alive.
---

snip

Too true. Not shocking at all. (We're speaking of the 18 March entry.)

From a July 25th FB entry:

I got people I don’t *advertiser censored** with anymore but their secrets never left my mouth.

Perhaps the veracity of that claim had become an issue.

No official ID yet (though it is her), and no cause of death; it should be remembered, however, that western Massachusetts has had huge OD problems with fentanyl-laced heroin as well as synthetic opioid pills. Hudson is under 45 minutes from Great Barrington MA, where Halle Schmidt worked until a few weeks ago. Her Copake home is even closer.

She may be an OD but wasn't she last seen in a fight? Idk could go either way.

She may be an OD but wasn't she last seen in a fight? Idk could go either way.
---
[Schmidt's mother, Angela] Concra said a video of a fight at the party began circulating and she saw footage of her daughter in the video with marks on her back from being hit. A man at the party allegedly stabbed another and was taken to Columbia-Memorial Hospital, Concra said.
---
“There was some talk about a video being around, but we’ve been unable to locate it,” said Columbia County Sheriff’s Investigator Kevin Skype, who added the office has not received a report of a stabbing matching Concra’s description.
---
http://www.registerstar.com/news/article_87483d5a-7536-11e6-88b1-c3b4ca281e94.html

Albany Times Union:

Body identified as Halle Schmidt, criminal investigation opened

---
"We could have a case here ranging from her wandering to a homicide," Sheriff David P. Bartlett said.
---
The cause of death is not yet known.

"We're not able to rule out foul play nor are we able to rule it in," sheriff's investigator Kevin Skype said. Officials are awaiting final results of an autopsy performed Sunday.

"No one has been arrested but the public is not at risk. There are no suspects at large," Bartlett added, declining to elaborate.
---
"This isn't a random act," Skype said. "We feel confident that there isn't an individual running around who would cause harm to the public."
---

Kingston Daily Freeman:

Body found in Columbia County confirmed to be missing woman

---
Schmidt, 21, of Pumpkin Hollow Road, was identified by matching clothing she last was seen wearing, as well as tattoos on her body, according to a press release from the Sheriff’s Office.
---

Hudson Register-Star:

Police confirm Schmidt's death; Copake woman was alive Sept. 3

---
Police have security footage of Halle Schmidt alive Sept. 3 from a business at the intersection of Route 23B and Route 66. Her mother, Angela Concra, reported her missing Sept. 4 after not hearing from her daughter since Sept. 2.

The video showed Schmidt on foot near the business, Sheriff Bartlett said.
---

more at the links

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels