Found Safe NY - Iona, 51, & Emily Costello, 14, Greenport, 30 March 2015

Just a matter of time now...believe we'll learn more shortly.

With all due respect, I cut a lotta breaks, but 45 yo and in the pokey re domestic violence charges and still a mixed-up kid don't belong in the same sentence!

Idk what troubles me more. The farewell stop at the BIL or the sketchy story by the step son.

Some reports indicate that 4 of the 5 adult children have contested the will. I wonder which one is not a party to the matter?

More bothered by the state of the case of the struggle for the inheritance, and the resulting mindset. I think the disappearance is voluntary; I pray it's not irrevocably permanent.

Mine too!! Does anyone know, has Iona's farm been search thoroughly?

Hmmm...there is video of the mom and daughter exiting their car in the parking lot on 47th Street. So, they made it that far.

I wonder - just a guess out of nowhere - if they stopped by the BILs to pick up keys to an apartment in the city?? Wild guess. If so, the step-son would likely know where they were.

JMO.

<snip> Family members say the mother and daughter were supposed to spend a week in Manhattan, watching some shows in the Theater district.

<snip> Police believe it was a planned vacation and the Costellos were expected back around April 7, Flateley said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-daughter-vanish-york-trip/story?id=30426418

Appears to me that LE has now honed in on when they were expected to return.

Idk what troubles me more. The farewell stop at the BIL or the sketchy story by the step son.

Agreed. I don't know what I think happened anymore. BUT...

Besides the stepson's NY visit being super weird, the comments by the BIL seem contrived to me. Why in the world would you rattle off five random foreign places they might be as an explanation? So you really think there is a greater chance they are in Cuba than that something else happened to them??

"We are very, very concerned,&#8221; John said. &#8220;Maybe they went to a different country. They might be in Mexico, Cuba, Belize, Costa Rica or Europe.&#8221;

At the risk of stating the obvious:
1. People can not stay off the grid for long with no money. If they voluntarily disappeared, they took cash. Check bank activity.
2. A woman who enrolls her child in a private school values education. I can't imagine her keeping her daughter out of school for too long.
3. A responsible woman with an elderly mother wouldn't want to worry her.
4. Someone who was deliberately planning to disappear long-term would have made arrangements. By arrangements in this case, I mean possibly taking passports, and making sure that the farm was in good hands.

Those are my top four. This is a great mystery case, and I don't think we have enough clues at the present time. Maybe Iona was desperately in need of some time off and they extended their planned vacation for a bit longer. BUT, if that were the case, you'd think she'd charge her phone and check in with her mom.

Search her computer for recent activity and search her house for their passports.

Where money is the motive, there's not a happy ending.

Why haven't they been entered into NamUS and The child into NCmec?

It's shocking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamatwin
Back