NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

Wish there was a better pic of MP's teeth.
View attachment 425132

UID teeth.
View attachment 425133

She has a thread, maybe some info in there?

Wish there was a better pic of MP's teeth.
View attachment 425132

UID teeth.
View attachment 425133

Am I seeing wrong, or is one of Audrey’s front teeth miscoloured and the other protruding?

Am I seeing wrong, or is one of Audrey’s front teeth miscoloured and the other protruding?
I also wish there was a better photo of her teeth. And whether it's the shadowing that's giving the allusion or not, I think Audrey's teeth do appear to have some abnormalities possibly? I wonder if we can find out more info, it's very scant. Such an old missing persons case.

Update of sorts, and a comment about the ME believing the remains are of a person who died in the late-50's or early-60's.

Update of sorts, and a comment about the ME believing the remains are of a person who died in the late-50's or early-60's.

from link, ty. rbbm.
''Police suspect her death was a homicide and say the victim, whom they call Jane Doe, was dumped in the area before houses were built. The medical examiner determined she was killed in the late 50s.

“Being in the sand, he said that was the worst case scenario, being in the sand because everything just washes through, whatever was there,” Bonsignore said.''

“No they haven’t identified her yet, they kinda thought she might have been from out of town though, that’s what I heard,” Pagano said.''

from link, ty. rbbm.
''Police suspect her death was a homicide and say the victim, whom they call Jane Doe, was dumped in the area before houses were built. The medical examiner determined she was killed in the late 50s.

“Being in the sand, he said that was the worst case scenario, being in the sand because everything just washes through, whatever was there,” Bonsignore said.''

“No they haven’t identified her yet, they kinda thought she might have been from out of town though, that’s what I heard,” Pagano said.''
How coincidental. I wonder if the Pagano interviewed in this article is related to Linda Pagano from Akron, OH. Their remains were found 4.5 hours away from each other. He lived next door to where these remains were found.

Attached is a snippet from a topographical map showing the area in question, ca. 1895. The specific area is roughly at the top of the T in "IRONDEQUOIT", you can see how steep the drop is along the bluff, where IJD was found. I'd say 50 feet or so. Also visible is Newport Drive, which went to the Newport House on the bay.

Source: Irondequoit Bay, NY - 1895 Topographic Map

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230531_222417_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230531_222417_Chrome.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 9
Attached is a snippet from a topographical map showing the area in question, ca. 1895. The specific area is roughly at the top of the T in "IRONDEQUOIT", you can see how steep the drop is along the bluff, where IJD was found. I'd say 50 feet or so. Also visible is Newport Drive, which went to the Newport House on the bay.

Source: Irondequoit Bay, NY - 1895 Topographic Map
Do you have any maps from the late 50s that could show how accessible or inaccessible the area was at that time?

I've never thought Irondequoit Jane Doe was from too far away. I've always suspected that she was someone local who wasn't reported missing or whose missing-person report hasn't survived. My best guess would be that she was a victim of domestic violence; those are the murders that tend to go unreported.

I'm wondering how hard it would have been for a non-local to have found that area and dug a grave there.

Do you have any maps from the late 50s that could show how accessible or inaccessible the area was at that time?

I've never thought Irondequoit Jane Doe was from too far away. I've always suspected that she was someone local who wasn't reported missing or whose missing-person report hasn't survived. My best guess would be that she was a victim of domestic violence; those are the murders that tend to go unreported.

I'm wondering how hard it would have been for a non-local to have found that area and dug a grave there.
The closest I've personally been able to find are these from 1931:
Plat book of the city of Rochester, New York, Volume 3 Plate 14 (top left)
〃Volume 3, Plate 11 (top right)

Here are some maps I found and spliced together. The top is from 1952, and the bottom is from 1971. So in the 1952 map, you can see all the green dots indicating the orchards/groves, undeveloped yet for housing. In the second photo of the same, I drew in with a red line where the street would eventually be, and a red dot indicating the house in which she was found behind. You can see in the second/below picture, the actual road (Bay Knoll)/cul-de-sac and and other roads that were created for that housing tract.

In the 1950s, Bay Shore Blvd was there and inhabited with residents along the Bay. The Bay Bridge was erected in 1967 connecting Irondequoit with the Webster side of the Bay, as seen in the in the below picture. What had long been there was at the end of Newport Road, which was called the Newport House/Bayside Hotel. Originally built as a sawmill in the early 1800s, it was later converted and was a prominent place for hosting events, committee meetings for local government, lavish parties, etc. I attached a picture of that too, the Newport House, a postcard dated between 1907-1915. Needless to say, I gave myself quite the history lesson of my lovely Irondequoit town, and have learned a ton! Still trying to determine which family owned the orchard land at that time. I think I can map out everywhere else in the city except that parcel!

Attachments

• 2023_06_16_15_56_16_843.jpg
    2023_06_16_15_56_16_843.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2023_06_16_15_56_16_843~3.jpg
    2023_06_16_15_56_16_843~3.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 4541.jpg
    4541.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 11
Here are some maps I found and spliced together. The top is from 1952, and the bottom is from 1971. So in the 1952 map, you can see all the green dots indicating the orchards/groves, undeveloped yet for housing. In the second photo of the same, I drew in with a red line where the street would eventually be, and a red dot indicating the house in which she was found behind. You can see in the second/below picture, the actual road (Bay Knoll)/cul-de-sac and and other roads that were created for that housing tract.

In the 1950s, Bay Shore Blvd was there and inhabited with residents along the Bay. The Bay Bridge was erected in 1967 connecting Irondequoit with the Webster side of the Bay, as seen in the in the below picture. What had long been there was at the end of Newport Road, which was called the Newport House/Bayside Hotel. Originally built as a sawmill in the early 1800s, it was later converted and was a prominent place for hosting events, committee meetings for local government, lavish parties, etc. I attached a picture of that too, the Newport House, a postcard dated between 1907-1915. Needless to say, I gave myself quite the history lesson of my lovely Irondequoit town, and have learned a ton! Still trying to determine which family owned the orchard land at that time. I think I can map out everywhere else in the city except that parcel!
Have you seen anything about where Ward's Natural Science Establishment was? I found a pdf of a book (pg 34-35) saying that Asa McBride owned Irondequoit Fruit Juice Co. (which I assume is the orchard) and died in 1922. It says that the Establishment purchased his property in 1941, but also says it was on Ridge Road. All the city directories I've been able to find don't list any owner for it. Could it have been abandoned at the time?

Have you seen anything about where Ward's Natural Science Establishment was? I found a pdf of a book (pg 34-35) saying that Asa McBride owned Irondequoit Fruit Juice Co. (which I assume is the orchard) and died in 1922. It says that the Establishment purchased his property in 1941, but also says it was on Ridge Road. All the city directories I've been able to find don't list any owner for it. Could it have been abandoned at the time?
Fascinating read. What I gathered from that was that McBride bought the Vinton vineyards in the late 1800s and took over the wine making for medicinal purposes, and always refused to sell to saloons. In 1942, the president of the Ward Establishment, Gamble, would be using the former Irondequoit Fruit Juice Co property for distribution of their natural science items business, on the 65 acres with 1100ft of shore line. The very end of Ridge Rd runs into the McBride property at the bay that is being referenced/that the Establishment purchased..if that makes sense.

I finally found the land records I'd been searching for (from 1839, when Irondequoit was founded), and as we can see, the McBride property butts up to the Aman's, who thusly owned the orchard land of Bay Knoll originally. There is still an Aman's Farmer's market on that land today. I added that photo as well, so you can see the transformation of everything. Wild.

So while McBride and Aman were land neighbors, it seems the Aman's were the ones with the fruit orchard in question for IJD. Gosh, these history lesson rabbit holes keep losing me on what the main objective is!

Attachments

• 2023_06_18_11_40_39_742.jpg
    2023_06_18_11_40_39_742.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 4
Just want to correct myself as I look into the Aman's and their land more. The above atlas/map of property lines is actually from 1902. It was in tiny fine print at the very bottom of the whole map - 1839 is just the inception of Irondequoit!

Found one American match (not sure if it's been considered already) and two Canadian matches:
Neither Helen or Marie have threads here...
Those are great new leads, but unfortunately the investigators believe IJD was deceased and buried before the housing development was built in 1963/64. The women you found all went missing long after the homes were established, sadly. Because of this new info investigators recently released, I'm following the new line of thought that IJD had some tie to the fruit/peach orchards (that were occupying the land at the time). Whether she was a young girl who worked there or had some affiliation with the family/families whose property it was..but at the very least, whoever was responsible for her death had an understanding of the orchards and knew it would be a good place to dispose of a body.

I'm so anxious to know her identity and story, especially since it's a local case and I'm a resident of Irondequoit. Feel even more of a kinship to her.

Those are great new leads, but unfortunately the investigators believe IJD was deceased and buried before the housing development was built in 1963/64. The women you found all went missing long after the homes were established, sadly. Because of this new info investigators recently released, I'm following the new line of thought that IJD had some tie to the fruit/peach orchards (that were occupying the land at the time). Whether she was a young girl who worked there or had some affiliation with the family/families whose property it was..but at the very least, whoever was responsible for her death had an understanding of the orchards and knew it would be a good place to dispose of a body.

I'm so anxious to know her identity and story, especially since it's a local case and I'm a resident of Irondequoit. Feel even more of a kinship to her.
Can't find a case from 1958 - 1962 but I think it's possible IJD was deceased before 1958. Here's some possibilities pre-1963.

I've always had in mind she could come from across the border, but also the older the case is, the possibility that she was a local girl becomes more likely. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out that was the case, but she wasn't reported missing/LE wouldn't take the report, or taking the report, but not investigating (who's hearing the ol' "oh, she'll turn up eventually!" excuse?), or LE lost/purged her file. So many possibilities. I hope we get answers soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back