NY NY - Jonathan Schaff, 23, Granville, 18 Jan 2014

Wonder how exactly he got to the bar in the first place. Did he go alone? Articles stating he and "two friends" parked in the lot over the state line, but seems like they are mistakenly referring to the two he left the bar with, who are apparently just a couple who offered to give him a ride home.

Something seems very off with this case. I'm not quite sure what to think just yet, hoping for more information soon.

How mysterious!

I wonder how the searchers got the idea to check in the abandoned truck? Did they get a tip? Did someone see him?

How far is it from the bar to where his phone was found?

http://poststar.com/news/local/grou...cle_d61c2b20-8372-11e3-95ec-001a4bcf887a.html

Whose abandoned vehicle? Did he just go in there to keep warm, out of the elements, then something took a turn for the worse. I find it odd that he was not that intoxicated, yet he's gone and they are searching water.

How did Jonathan get to the bar? Did he park his vehicle at the Loomis lot? It seems the guy that fought with Jonathan may not be the most reliable witness...wasn't clear how he got hurt and said Jonathan's glasses were ok.
Poor Jonathan.

It drives me nuts when a news article starts one way, and then days later, there's a whole different story that would have helpful on day one. Not real sure who to assign blame to when it slows down a case.
I do wish them luck in finding this man!

Sounds like foul play was involved to me. Strangers...fights...then a disappearance?

How did Jonathan get to the bar? Did he park his vehicle at the Loomis lot? It seems the guy that fought with Jonathan may not be the most reliable witness...wasn't clear how he got hurt and said Jonathan's glasses were ok.
Poor Jonathan.

Don't know how he got to the bar. He did not have a vehicle at Loomis's. He was from Fair Haven VT and would be heading in the wrong direction being in West Pawlet VT. Story has it he was hitching a ride, from this couple, that had their car parked there. It was a 4+ mile walk from the bar to the lot.

Don't know how he got to the bar. He did not have a vehicle at Loomis's. He was from Fair Haven VT and would be heading in the wrong direction being in West Pawlet VT. Story has it he was hitching a ride, from this couple, that had their car parked there. It was a 4+ mile walk from the bar to the lot.[/QUOTE]

bbm

I believe that is incorrect. All of the articles state it is around 1/2 mile from the bar to the lot. Mapquest says it is .82 miles

http://mapq.st/1cap7aC

Don't know how he got to the bar. He did not have a vehicle at Loomis's. He was from Fair Haven VT and would be heading in the wrong direction being in West Pawlet VT. Story has it he was hitching a ride, from this couple, that had their car parked there. It was a 4+ mile walk from the bar to the lot.[/QUOTE]

bbm

I believe that is incorrect. All of the articles state it is around 1/2 mile from the bar to the lot. Mapquest says it is .82 miles

http://mapq.st/1cap7aC[

Yes that is incorrect. It is only a fifteen minute walk. I was using info from another bar that I was looking up confused the 2. I lived in the area for many years.

The truck his cell phone was found in, is backed up to the embankment..if he fell off the embankment from behind the truck you would have to walk out to the water, it is not a direct fall into the river. Also the guy he got in a scuffle with had his pickup truck parked there on the lot.

The truck his cell phone was found in, is backed up to the embankment..if he fell off the embankment from behind the truck you would have to walk out to the water, it is not a direct fall into the river. Also the guy he got in a scuffle with had his pickup truck parked there on the lot.
So did the couple. How many people want to bet that the couple and the other guy were friends?
:twocents:

So did the couple. How many people want to bet that the couple and the other guy were friends?
:twocents:

Though the couple have been reported as being not suspects... I am not so sure of this, myself...

JMO

Do you have a link for this? Have you seen the truck?
TIA

My husband works for Loomis Trucking...that is why I know were the truck was parked. The truck the cell phone was found in, was a truck that Jonathan had rode in with a friend, a former employee of Loomis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back