GUILTY NY - Laura Garza, 25, Manhattan, 3 December 2008

They should cut their son off from any help or funds if they haven't already. If the man gets out of prison, it's very likely they'll be helping their little serial killer. IMO, he killed Laura, no ifs ands or buts. He killed once, he's going to kill again. His behavior escalated and it's not likely to deescalate back down. He's a danger to society if he ever gets out of prison, so i really hope they can prosecute him without a body and just on forensics alone.

I know that there are areas around where he frequented such as (Middletown for example) where one can rent a storage unit with a machine and credit card and the gate will open to allow a vehicle through. There's not usually a human working the place. They do have cameras, however i hope LE has checked into the renting of these different storage unit locations (there's a lot of them) to see if possibly Mele was at one. Granted they won't have the video (too old unless they keep them). He also may have used a different alias and card, however if he's locked up and his time runs out on a storage unit he rented.. it'll go up for auction if no one pays it.

Wow, MeoW, good theory. There are storage places like that all over this area. All over.

I have always thought he dumped her in the Hudson or back in the woods somewhere.

But you may really be onto something with that...

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091221/NEWS/912210331/-1/NEWS

Mele up for parole hearing in 3rd week of January

"Michael Mele won't be home for Christmas or New Year's, but a state parole board could set him free by Groundhog Day."

If Mele is denied parole, he'll be eligible again at his conditional release (CR) date of 12.25.2010. And his maximum expiration (ME) date is 12.25.2011.

Letters in opposition of Mele's release should be mailed (US Postal Mail) to the NYS Board of Parole, below address, and they will be forwarded to the appropriate facility, which is Downstate CF.

NYS Board of Parole
97 Central Avenue
Albany, New York 12206

Inmate/identifying information to contain in your letter to make sure it reaches the correct Parole Board hearing/Correctional Facility:
MELE, Michael
NYSID: 03057287P
DIN: 09-A-5619
Downstate CF

E-mails in opposition of Mele's release: boardofparole@parole.state.ny.us

=====

Praying for the Garza family

Bump for a fellow new yorker. This guy is a sick F*&k. He clearly knows more than he is telling. I doubt he went into it with intent to kill and will necessarily do it again, as stated by above poster...However i wouldn't be surprised if something happened that killed her or she was injured and he got rid of her because he was concerned the cops would find out about his failure to list sex offender status or other issues. I also wouldn't be surprised if the father helped dispose of the body or advised in method. He looks and acts like a real creeper too and clearly would have been able to eliminate evidence and ensure that she wasn't found.

Police recover skeletal remains in remote area of Olyphant (Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania)
http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/police-recover-skeletal-remains-in-remote-area-of-olyphant-1.727811
Investigators recovered a human skull and other skeletal remains from a wooded area along Marshwood Road on Monday, but the victim's identity and cause of death remained a mystery . . .

The remains are female, according to state police. But Lt. Mark Lavelle, crime section commander for Troop R in Dunmore, said investigators are still uncertain how long the bones were there or whether foul play was involved in the death . . .

No personal effects, such as clothing, were recovered, he said. But investigators did find a Michael Kors model chronograph watch that police said apparently belonged to a man with a small wrist.

Grim discovery of bones cause for hope, despair
http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/grim-discovery-of-bones-cause-for-hope-despair-1.729383
Three of the females in [Nancy Monahan's] database [Pennsylvania Missing Persons, http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com] were reported missing in Lackawanna County: Sandra Lee Hopler, who was last seen in the LaPlume area on Sept. 29, 1973; Joanne Williams, who was reported missing in Scranton on Dec. 7, 1978; and Michelle Jolene Lakey, who disappeared Aug. 26, 1986, also in Scranton.
A photograph of the watch is available at the second article.

Hm, I think that watch could be a man's or a woman's (Michael Kors women's watches are usually chunky), and since it's smaller, could have belonged to the UID.

I asked the watch company to look at the watch, they say it was from 2007.

bumping again for Laura

If LE is saying there is a good chance this is her then they have to have pretty good evidence that it is. Otherwise they wouldn't have even mentioned her name till they had DNA results.

I hope they have found something that will nail Mele to the wall for her disappearance/murder.

If you zoon in on her watch you can see the three dials in the same position as the ones on the DOE picture.

Wow Mtrooper, looks like your source for the watch information (made in 2007) was spot on! Good work!

On another note, I'm praying this is Laura, it's time for her to come home....

April 26, 2010 2:36 PM

MIDDLETOWN -- State police say a body found in Pennsylvania is that of a New York woman who disappeared after leaving a Manhattan nightclub in 2008.

Police in Middletown, N.Y., said Monday that a DNA analysis has confirmed the identity of Laura Garza of Brooklyn.

They said her body was found on April 11 in Mount Cobb, Pa., several miles outside Scranton.

more here

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/woman-1273239-body-disappeared.html

How far is this from Mele's home?? It seems rather far...

Prayers for Laura's family. Laura can finally come home. God bless them.

Well, he had three days to get rid of the body before LE showed up. He had already cleaned his whole condo with bleach, cut out some of the carpet, and had replaced the furniture (it was delivered 3 days after Garza went missing) by the time LE showed up with a SW.

I think he had plenty of time to drive to PA and dispose of her body. Also, fwiw, the piece of carpet they found that they thought was from his condo(it was discolored from bleach??? ehhh.........it was located on the WAY to the PA location. I believe the PA location is about 3 1/2 hours drive if you take the way of where the carpet peice was etc..... 3 1/2 hours one way, that is.

JMHO
fran

PS....wonder what that credit card receipt was he was looking for (at least he told the witness who asked why he was digging in the dumpster)? Maybe a receipt for gas going to PA? I believe they also found one of the victim's shoes in the same dumpster. :(

PPS....Oh, and my condolences to the Garza family. At least they can finally bring their loved one home and the wheels of justice will start spinning for her alleged murderer.

It is about an hour... straight, easy drive.

I hope it is Laura, her family needs her to come home.

Please let them find enough evidence to nail that sick freak Miele.

My thoughts and prayers are with Laura's family and all who love her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back