NY - Leah Walsh, 29, Bethpage, 26 October 2008

they must have

Leah Walsh, who usually leaves her home for work between 6:15 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., sent a text message to her husband at about 6:25 a.m., telling him to "have a great day," William Walsh told a reporter for 1010 WINS radio.

"That's the last I heard from her," he added through sobs.

Police also noted that a state Department of Transportation HELP vehicle, which assists motorists with car trouble, left a sticker on the side of Leah Walsh's abandoned car at about 6:30 a.m. The stickers are used to notify police that a vehicle was undergoing some kind of mechanical difficulty.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444447,00.html

I think this part could be VERY important. If one of these DOT employees put that sticker on, they could have a lot of info. Wonder if they remember a man or woman being around the car, or if they spoke to someone or just assumed the owner of the vehicle would be back. Hopefully they remember all of that AND when they put that sticker on the car.

forever the skeptic but have police confirmed that the husband RECEIVED a phone call from his wife at all? Just too many husbands killing their wives. I suppose time will tell if there's an ugly side to this marriage too.

http://www.longislandpress.com/articles/news/463/

Sirius Radio’s shock jock, Howard Stern made a plea Wednesday morning, Oct. 29 on behalf of the family of Rockville Centre teacher Leah Walsh, 29, who disappeared early Monday from the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway. Stern noted that Walsh was an intern at the radio show in 1999. (more at link)

I thought the husband found the car? Now I read her father found the car by accident? Not looking good. And this body found cannot be easily identified? OMG! After 2 days, what happened to her?

Thanks for the update. Did you see the link to the audio interview with Leah's husband? I'll post it below. I haven't listened to it yet.

EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Mona Rivera Talks to Missing Woman's Husband

Well, he's learned from the others. He cries through almost the whole thing, but not sobbing, just crying. You can hear him open his phone when the reporter asks what the text message from her was, he read it to the reporter. He has the time of the text ready for the reporter when asked about it and how long it was until he messages back to Leah (just enough time to get to another cell tower I would think).

It will be interesting to see if they find her cell phone with the body (if the one found today is her or when they find her) or if they will find out that the text from her came from some other source (like from a computer). It's good that he has given so much detail as to times and places, it will be so much easier to check on. I agree that the time of the sticker on the car will be very important. I think he got unlucky with that one, it is awfully close to the time she was supposedly texting him. Then within 5 minutes, she is just gone?

Yeah - something isn't adding up. She text messages him @ 6:25 to tell him to have a nice day - but a sticker is put on her abandoned car 5 MINUTES LATER? That's impossible. He didn't count on that happening - if we have the times right.

This is confusing. Another article states the husband rec'd a text message from her saying she had a flat tire. Huh - all of this happened within 5 minutes:)

Ok I'm repeating myself here - but he clearly states "that's the last time I heard from her" (the have a great day message). Something isn't right. Plus if they had a huge fight on Sunday - I doubt she would tell him to have a nice day.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/nassau/ny-libody1030,0,4301257.story

An unidentified body was found Wednesday morning in western Nassau, prompting police to cordon off a wide area near the north service road of the Long Island Expressway near Shelter Rock Road, authorities say.

"The body is not going to be easily identified," said Det. Lt. Kevin Smith, a Nassau police spokesman.

Homicide detectives are on the scene, he said.

A country club worker found the body at about 7:58 a.m., police said.

Smith said police have not connected the body with any particular case -- including that of missing Bethpage special-education teacher Leah Walsh.

"There's no link," he said. "It's too soon to say."

Yeah - something isn't adding up. She text messages him @ 6:25 to tell him to have a nice day - but a sticker is put on her abandoned car 5 MINUTES LATER? That's impossible. He didn't count on that happening - if we have the times right.

Yeah, we need more on this sticker person. Do we have COD yet?

Also the crying could be guilt.

Here are some of the things that bother me with this case.

1. Discrepancy with the purse. Who found it? Where was it found?

2. Is the receipt of the text confirmed? He says she texted him. Did she text him? Where are the pings & tower traces?

3. The body was found like 15 miles away from the car. *if* this is her body, then someone had to transport it, or be brought back home from dropping off a car on the SOB. I don't think it's a walkable distance- 15 miles is a LOT.

Sounds like he took a page out of Scott Peterson's book on how to get rid of your wife.

Text message? He could have just texted her phone to his.

He would have had the means, motive AND most importantly, OPPORTUNITY to do this. I thought this the MINUTE I read this story.

"Take my cars"?????? = crocodile tears. My gut feeling tells me this.

:behindbar I'm thinking real soon. JMO

Does anyone know if there is a picture of him anywhere on the 'net? I'd like to see what he looks like. I'm just curious.

did not know about the sticker. Good Lord, how can these men think this is the answer to ending a marriage! (IF he's guilty). But adding up I say.:waitasec:

"The body is not going to be easily identified," said Det. Lt. Kevin Smith, a Nassau police spokesman.

Homicide detectives are on the scene, he said.

A country club worker found the body at about 7:58 a.m., police said.

Smith said police have not connected the body with any particular case -- including that of missing Bethpage special-education teacher Leah Walsh.

"There's no link," he said. "It's too soon to say."

Right. We shall see. Not every day a body turns up on the side of the LIE, let alone in Manhasset.

Sheesh, this reeks of the Matthew Solomon case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi
Back