Resolved NY - Middle Island, LI - Human skeletal found in wooded area, 3 Mar 2017 - Name withheld

My family just got a call saying that the DNA came back and after 10 yrs of searching for my brother my family can finally have closure. So yes a family did find an answer to a lost loved one. R.I.P. Sammy Masone
To everyone still searching for their loved ones, my prayers are with you.
I am so sorry to read about your loss of Sam. I was searching for him online and came upon this. I can't be sure that this is the same Sam Masone, but I suspect it is as it seemed he vanished off the internet in 07. If you get this and are willing to write me back, I would like to hear from you.

I should have added my last name is also Masone. I doubt you have had contact with any of "us".

I just want to update this thread with accurate and new info.

My knowledge is based on the fact that I work at the commercial complex adjacent to where the remains were found.

I was at work the day they discovered the remains. Lots of police. Someone earlier in the thread noted something about a water scandal? There used to be a water company at my complex. Related?

Anyway, what most of you dont know is that about a week later, police found another set of remains 1/2 to 1 mile north on the same road. This was never in the papers.

I reported some of this info to the guy who is on the TV show (cant recall the name) and in googling if anything had been newly discovered I came across this thread. As far as the exact spot of the remains, basically 40ft southeast from the intersection of Bailey and Rocky Pt Rd.
Does anyone know if the Ronkonkoma skull found in August 2016 is on Namus?
Yes that was resolved it was some guy whose headless torso was found years prior
Does anyone know if the Ronkonkoma skull found in August 2016 is on Namus?
yes that was resolved

I just want to update this thread with accurate and new info.

My knowledge is based on the fact that I work at the commercial complex adjacent to where the remains were found.

I was at work the day they discovered the remains. Lots of police. Someone earlier in the thread noted something about a water scandal? There used to be a water company at my complex. Related?

Anyway, what most of you dont know is that about a week later, police found another set of remains 1/2 to 1 mile north on the same road. This was never in the papers.

I reported some of this info to the guy who is on the TV show (cant recall the name) and in googling if anything had been newly discovered I came across this thread. As far as the exact spot of the remains, basically 40ft southeast from the intersection of Bailey and Rocky Pt Rd.
Has anyone ever heard of these second set of remains down the road?? Male or female?? Or whatever became of these second sets of remains?? I have not found any more info other than this post.

I wonder how many other remains go unreported in Suffolk County?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back