NY - Monica Lozada-Rivadeneira, 26, found dead in landfill, Queens, 24 Sept 2005

The grandmother of the tragic 4-year-old girl found wandering in Queens is hoping against hope that the child's mom was not strangled by an estranged boyfriend and left out with the trash on the streets, as he has confessed to doing.
"I don't believe she's dead — just missing, even though my brother insisted Monica is dead, and he told me she was murdered by her boyfriend," said the victim's mom, Roxana Rivadeneira.

" 'My daughter dead? That's not true,' I told them. He answered me, 'No sister, it is. Her boyfriend confessed,' " Rivadeneira told the Los Tiempos newspaper in her hometown of Cochabamba, Bolivia.

"I have faith that my daughter is still alive, or that, at any moment, she'll call me on the phone."

Cesar Ascarrunz, 32, has allegedly told police he killed Monica Lozada-Rivadeneira, 26, in a jealous rage on Sept. 24 in their Forest Hills apartment.

Saavedra's goddaughter, Marina Bernal, claimed Valery has a younger brother abandoned by Lozada-Rivadeneira as a newborn.

Lozada-Rivadeneira gave birth to the boy, also named Juan Carlos Saavedra, three years ago while living with her husband, Saavedra, in El Centro, Calif., where they had settled after entering the United States illegally, Bernal said.

A month after delivering the boy, Lozada-Rivadeneira left for New York with the then-1-year-old Valery, Bernal said.
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/54816.htm

Bobbisangel said:
I heard on the news tonight that the grandmother from Bolivia is flying in to reunite with little Valery. She will no doubt take her home with her.

Another thing that really broke my heart was when Valery was talking about her mother's job and how "my Ceaser" took care of her while her mommy went to work at night. The way she said "my Ceaser" I could tell this little one loves him. Hopefully his love for her was what prompted him not to murder her but to put her out of the car and tell her to go knock on a door and find her mother.

If this killer had a girlfriend and wanted to move her in why in the heck didn't he just leave?? Why the need to murder Monica instead. I don't believe for a minute that Monica was any threat to him...physically. All he had to do was walk out the door...he isn't a little skinny man for pity sake.

I want to ask him "Was It Worth It Ceaser?"

Did he have another girlfriend? The article mysteriew linked talks like Valerie's mother had another boyfriend and this was a crime of passion. It also says he shows no remorse. The only good thing is that he didn't kill Valerie.

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=3943026&nav=menu28_2

Once unclaimed, four-year old now claimed by both grandmothers

NEW YORK The grandmothers of a four-year old abandoned in New York City last month both say they'll seek custody of her.

and

Her mother is coming from Bolivia. A Bolivian woman who is the mother of the child's father has sought help from the Bolivian consulate in Los Angeles to apply for custody on behalf of her son. He's in jail in Bolivia, but promises to fight for his children.

His family is taking care of the former couple's son. Valery is in foster care.

In a jailhouse interview, the man accused of killing a young Queens mother and abandoning her 4-year-old daughter said Wednesday that he never admitted to the slaying.

"There is no confession. I did not make a confession," Caesar Ascarrunz, 32, said faintly and calmly in a visiting room at Rikers Island, where he awaits court hearings on murder charges.

Dressed in a gray prison-issue jumpsuit and brown plastic sandals, the former Bolivian medical doctor declined to talk in detail about the case and his former girlfriend, he said, because of a court appearance set for Oct. 17.

Ascarrunz's denial of a confession contradicts what prosecutors say are written, oral and videotaped admissions he made after being arrested Oct. 1 in the death of Monica Lozada-Rivaineira, 26. They say Ascarrunz strangled her before slitting her throat in an effort to revive her. Authorities rebuffed Ascarrunz's denial, saying he gave them a solid, triple confession, said Kevin Ryan, spokesman for the Queens district attorney's office.

Wednesday, detectives continued searching an 18-foot-high Pennsylvania landfill half the size of a football field, where they said Lozada-Rivaineira's remains might be.
http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local...316.story?coll=nyc-homepage-breakingheadlines

He is accused of abandoning adorable 4-year-old Valery Lozada on the streets of Queens after murdering her mother — and yesterday, the fish-eyed fiend couldn't even bring himself to say her name or ask how she was doing.
"No, no," said a fidgeting Cesar Ascarrunz when asked if he wanted to tell Valery anything.

"I'm not going to say anything [about her]," Ascarrunz, 32, replied when asked if he loved the girl, whose pretty face has tugged at New Yorkers' heartstrings.

Ascarrunz spoke in a visiting room at Rikers Island, where the porter is being held without bail on charges he murdered his estranged girlfriend Monica Lozada-Rivadeneira, 26, on Sept. 24 and abandoned her daughter hours later.

Ascarrunz refused to say what happened to Lozada- Rivadeneira, whose body remains missing.

He also denied being Valery's father — as some relatives claim — saying, "No, that's a lie."

The man who says he's Valery's father, Juan Carlos Saavedra, told the Los Tiempos newspaper in Bolivia that, "She is my daughter, and my family already is taking the necessary steps to gain legal custody."

Saavedra's mother, Ana Maria Saavedra, arrived in New York last night.

Valery's maternal grandmother and other relatives also plan to seek custody.

Juan Carlos Saavedra, who was deported from the United States in recent years after a drug arrest, has another child by Lozada-Rivadeneira, a 3-year-old boy named Juan Carlos who also lives in Bolivia.

Young Juan Carlos told a Bolivian television show that he saw Valery "on TV," and that, "Yes, I would like to play with her."
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/29068.htm

NEW YORK (AP) - A body was recovered at a Pennsylvania landfill where authorities have been searching for the mother of a 4-year-old girl who was abandoned on a city street, police said Thursday.

Monica Lozada-Rivadineira, 26, vanished on Sept. 24, and police had searched for her body in Queens and at two landfills in Pennsylvania where New York City's garbage is hauled.

A woman's body, wrapped in black plastic bags, was found shortly after noon Thursday in the Vintondale, Pa., landfill, said police spokesman Paul Browne. The body was not positively identified, but police said they believed it is that of the victim.

Her companion, Cesar Ascarrunz, is being held without bail on charges of strangling her, dumping her body in a pile of trash and abandoning her daughter, Valery Belen Saavedra Lozada, on the street.

Valery was found wandering barefoot in Queens. The Administration of Children's Services took the unusual step of putting the girl on television in seeking help to identify her and her mother. Valery has been staying with a foster family since her mother's disappearance

I just seen on fox that they have uncovered a body in PA. They said possibly Vallery's mother.

hhhhmmmm.............he didn't make a confession........but they just happened to find a body where he told them it would be. Yeah, sure.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/06/girl.unclaimed.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- A body was recovered at a Pennsylvania landfill where authorities have been searching for the mother of a 4-year-old girl who was abandoned on a city street, police said Thursday.

Monica Lozada-Rivadineira, 26, vanished on September 24, and police had searched for her body in Queens and at two landfills in Pennsylvania where New York City's garbage is hauled.

This is so sad, she's such a cute little girl and now she has to grow up without her mother.

upallnite said:
This is so sad, she's such a cute little girl and now she has to grow up without her mother.

I know darlin, but at least she'll grow up. I'm so glad the *advertiser censored* didn't kill her too.

Valery's father is in prison on a drug charge yet he is fighting through his relatives to get custody of her :eek: He sounds like "one great dad."

I'm wondering if Valery knows any of her relatives. Does she know her mother's mother? After reading the news report where a goddaughter spoke it didn't sound to me like the paternal grandmother even knows Valery.

My #1 concern is for Valery. If she knows her mom's mother and has spent time with her and Monica's family and they are good people then IMO that is who Valery should be with. She needs to be with people that she knows.

I fought a 3 1/2 yr. battle for my grandaughter with the other grandparents.
Their son...my daughter's ex-husband murdered my daughter. They started out fighting for custody..of which I learned about on TV...but later changed their minds and went for visitation. The thing that swung the judge over to my side was because my grandaughter had lived around me and my family and spent a lot of time with us. She wasn't familiar with the killer's family.
Because of the murder the courts felt she needed to be with the family she was closest to....thank God.

I hope that Valery knows her mother's family and that she will be raised by them if that is so. I think it would be pretty cold to send this beautiful little girl to people that she doesn't know after all she has been through.

It makes me mad that someone...the Goddaughter I believe...would say that Monica gave a little boy away, etc. To me it sounded like she was trying to make Monica look bad and that really isn't necessary. Monica is dead...murdered...shame on that person. It sounds like the little boy is with the dad's family. However the dad and Monica made a decision about the kids is their business. I hate it when a victim is slammed after they are murdered.

Valery's best interest is in the US and some loving family.It seems that the Bolivian connection is associated with drugs. But it is early so not is all known at this time.

mysteriew said:
In a jailhouse interview, the man accused of killing a young Queens mother and abandoning her 4-year-old daughter said Wednesday that he never admitted to the slaying.

"There is no confession. I did not make a confession," Caesar Ascarrunz, 32, said faintly and calmly in a visiting room at Rikers Island, where he awaits court hearings on murder charges.

Dressed in a gray prison-issue jumpsuit and brown plastic sandals, the former Bolivian medical doctor declined to talk in detail about the case and his former girlfriend, he said, because of a court appearance set for Oct. 17.

Ascarrunz's denial of a confession contradicts what prosecutors say are written, oral and videotaped admissions he made after being arrested Oct. 1 in the death of Monica Lozada-Rivaineira, 26. They say Ascarrunz strangled her before slitting her throat in an effort to revive her. Authorities rebuffed Ascarrunz's denial, saying he gave them a solid, triple confession, said Kevin Ryan, spokesman for the Queens district attorney's office.

Wednesday, detectives continued searching an 18-foot-high Pennsylvania landfill half the size of a football field, where they said Lozada-Rivaineira's remains might be.
http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/crime/nyc-girl1006,0,6751316.story?coll=nyc-homepage-breakingheadlines
Thank goodness the confession is on tape. This guy is a real creep.

Paradise said:
Did he tell them he put her in the trash?

Yes. He said he put her in two bags and set them with other trash on the street.

OMG! Pa. is the land of NY trash you know.....I don't think it was this one, at least I didn't hear anything about it on the grapevine today.

Today's big grapevine news was about a school that just canned 5 Varsity football players and several cheerleaders for being caught for underage drinking.

Cops digging through a Pennsylvania landfill yesterday discovered the body of a young Queens mom, nearly two weeks after her ex-lover allegedly killed her and ditched her daughter on a streetcorner.
Monica Lozada-Rivadeneira's naked body was wrapped in a plastic bag, buried in about 18 feet of trash in Vintondale, Pa.

Cops made the grisly find when a garbage bag burst open and two hands poked out. Positive identification was made through a bluebird tattoo on the 26-year-old woman's belly.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/353354p-301247c.html

The nude, plastic-wrapped body of little Valery Lozada's mother was found yesterday under 18 feet of garbage in a Pennsylvania landfill — just a day after the 4-year-old was told her mommy is dead, authorities said.
"Pending a positive identification, detectives believe it's Monica Lozada-Rivadineira," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne.

Detectives already had sifted through 750 tons of trash at the Vintondale, Pa., landfill before uncovering the Queens woman at about 12:30 p.m. The 26-year-old's intact body was taken to a local coroner's office for autopsy
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/53433.htm

If I didn't commit the murder I highly doubt that I could tell LE where to look for it! Stupid idoit. They even found one of Monica's teeth in the apt.

The creep even had his girlfriend trying on Monica's clothes...and they were a perfect fit! I doubt the girlfriend had a clue. He probably told her some big *advertiser censored* and bull story.

Isn't Monica's mother living in the US? I thought that is what I read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back