NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, right? In addition, according to the electrician, they had a sophisticated home security system with cameras. So…why doesn’t LE know exactly who entered and exited that house that night? I imagine they do, and are investigating if there was involvement of others as well.

Or, perhaps the security system wasnt working, or intentionally turned off or sabotaged.

With the 13-year -old son at home for the evening, perhaps security was turned off, thinking he would be alert and aware of any suspicious activity going on. Clearly, he wasn't. JMO

Last edited:
This article includes a better picture of the bag, and it doesn't appear that the wheels are broken (warning: the photo shows blood).

Also, they really couldn't let the 13-year-old put on shoes before taking him to the station?

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag – Daily Beast
<snipped & BBM>
The blood led police through the leafy lanes to the side door of the $2 million Tudor house at 72-24 Juno Street, where 51-year-old Orsolya Gaal lived with her husband and two teenage sons. The police executed an emergency entrance and saw much more blood on the first floor and even more in the basement. The medical examiner would identify the woman in the bag as Gaal and determine she had been stabbed 58 times.

“We think the attack happens on the first floor,” a senior NYPD supervisor familiar with the investigation told The Daily Beast. “We think he then goes to the basement to figure out, you know, how to clean up the mess and get rid of her.”

[...]

Gaal’s husband, 51 year-old Howard Klein, was in another part of the country touring colleges with their 17-year-old son at the time of the murder. The only person home at the time was a 13-year-old son, who police found on the top floor. He was apparently unaware of the horror downstairs, but was brought in for questioning, arriving barefoot at the station house, somebody who was present told The Daily Beast.

The son was soon after released. The NYPD supervisor said this was in part because police had recovered surveillance video of a figure who was clearly not the son pulling the wheeled hockey bag along what was becoming the blood trail shortly after 4 a.m.

Do you think she was followed home from the bar (on foot) by someone that she knew or met? Or do you think she was just hanging out at the bar waiting for someone she knew to perhaps free up, and she walked home at 12:30am to meet that person at her house? I don’t believe it’s a stranger. Part of me still thinks the person is younger. What would be even weirder is if it were a woman. We’ll see.

Very rarely here and normally a lurker but wanted to share one thought. Why drop the roller bag and body in the open?

It possible that the murderer wanted to drop it in the woods near but one or both wheels brought due to the weight, uneven ground and bumps. Bag wheels typically are not designed for heavy weight and this type of environment.

Pulling the bags with one or more broken wheels would be almost impossible. Also, dragging the bag directly on the concrete would have quickly destroyed the bag. Just a few thoughts …

Why move body at all? Concerns of DNA trace evidence from the killer being left on body.

Last edited:
Do you think she was followed home from the bar (on foot) by someone that she knew or met? Or do you think she was just hanging out at the bar waiting for someone she knew to perhaps free up, and she walked home at 12:30am to meet that person at her house? I don’t believe it’s a stranger. Part of me still thinks the person is younger. What would be even weirder is if it were a woman. We’ll see.
I don’t think that would be weird- if as reported she had multiple affairs then it stands to reason there might be multiple angry GFs or wives. As it stands the current set of facts make very little sense.

Very rare here and normally a lurker but wanted to share one thought. Why drop the roller bag and body in the open?

It possible that the murderer wanted to drop it in the woods near but one or both wheels brought due to the weight, uneven ground and bumps. Bag wheels typically are not designed for heavy weight and this type of environment.

Pulling the bags with one or more broken wheels would be almost impossible. Also, dragging the bag directly on the concrete would have quickly destroyed the bag. Just a few thoughts …

Perhaps the killer dropped bag as soon as he/she realized they were leaving a trail of blood.

This article includes a better picture of the bag, and it doesn't appear that the wheels are broken (warning: the photo shows blood).

Also, they really couldn't let the 13-year-old put on shoes before taking him to the station?

Mystery Deepens in Savage Killing of Mom Left in Hockey Bag – Daily Beast
<snipped & BBM>
The blood led police through the leafy lanes to the side door of the $2 million Tudor house at 72-24 Juno Street, where 51-year-old Orsolya Gaal lived with her husband and two teenage sons. The police executed an emergency entrance and saw much more blood on the first floor and even more in the basement. The medical examiner would identify the woman in the bag as Gaal and determine she had been stabbed 58 times.

“We think the attack happens on the first floor,” a senior NYPD supervisor familiar with the investigation told The Daily Beast. “We think he then goes to the basement to figure out, you know, how to clean up the mess and get rid of her.”

[...]

Gaal’s husband, 51 year-old Howard Klein, was in another part of the country touring colleges with their 17-year-old son at the time of the murder. The only person home at the time was a 13-year-old son, who police found on the top floor. He was apparently unaware of the horror downstairs, but was brought in for questioning, arriving barefoot at the station house, somebody who was present told The Daily Beast.

The son was soon after released. The NYPD supervisor said this was in part because police had recovered surveillance video of a figure who was clearly not the son pulling the wheeled hockey bag along what was becoming the blood trail shortly after 4 a.m.

That is the first pic (and hopefully the last) I have seen that really shows the hockey bag well. It is even smaller than what I had envisioned from looking at the perp dragging it through the neighborhood. I don't even see how he got her in it and was still able to zip it closed. And all that blood, just in that one spot. That monster took overkill to a whole 'nother level. JMO

Another idle wonder: reportedly, OG had stab wounds on her left arm, obviously defense wounds.

Is that usual/common? Was she left-handed? Would she have been pinned down on her right side? Just wondering about that little detail.

It might imply the prep is right handed and stabbing OP to her left.

Also the youtube video below has a clear image from 0.30 seconds onwards if you watch at 0.25x speed. You can clearly see the prep is pulling the bag using the right hand and has a backpack and carrying something on his left hand. (Note at first it looks like he is pulling with his left hand but as he walks past the camera, clearly shows he is using his right hand to pull the bag)

Another idle wonder: reportedly, OG had stab wounds on her left arm, obviously defense wounds.

Is that usual/common? Was she left-handed? Would she have been pinned down on her right side? Just wondering about that little detail.

She seems to take all of her selfies with her right hand, which leads me to believe that is her dominant hand. (Pics from her FB)

245142593_10157856614561353_7368964969323136042_n.jpeg 278548298_10158141068131353_7276622434539737015_n.jpeg

I nearly responded to an earlier post, can't recall who posted it.
The post said why would a husband "let" their wife go walking after dark.

Well these days women don't need anyone to "let" them do anything. Women don't have or need anyone to be in control of them.
They are in control of their own lives.

Sorry for hijacking your post Carbuff :)

Quite all right. I would have said the same thing if I had seen the post you're talking about!

Also the youtube video below has a clear image from 0.30 seconds onwards if you watch at 0.25x speed. You can clearly see the prep is pulling the bag using the right hand and has a backpack and carrying something on his left hand. (Note at first it looks like he is pulling with his left hand but as he walks past the camera, clearly shows he is using his right hand to pull the bag)

You are so right! It's the extended video shown above that shows he's carrying something in the left hand and using his right to pull the bag. The previous shorter video clips seemed to indicate the opposite. Great example of how you can go astray on limited information...

I would think she probably was right-handed, and using that stronger, dominant side to fight back, while using her left arm/hand to try to protect herself. JMO

Last edited:
That is the first pic (and hopefully the last) I have seen that really shows the hockey bag well. It is even smaller than what I had envisioned from looking at the perp dragging it through the neighborhood. I don't even see how he got her in it and was still able to zip it closed. And all that blood, just in that one spot. That monster took overkill to a whole 'nother level. JMO
I have looked at the bag numerous times and thought the same. Fetal position I get, but she was still an adult. Seems hard to fit her in that bag.

Video news report:

From 1:23-1:25 there appears to be a circular decal in the glass portion of the front door. This might be a home security decal of some sort. JMO

Also, FWIW there is a some sort of sign in the front landscaping bed on Google Street View (appears to be the same car in driveway, hope links works):

Google Maps

Can't make out or recognize the brand...might even be a lawn service or something, but placement signifies security to me. Haven't been able to tell if it's still there now, or come up with a logical investigative reason why it might be taken down. Doesn't tell us much I guess but trying to work with what we've got. Opinion.

That news report says LE has a POI, "who knew OG and had access to her home."

This might be referring to the ex-handyman. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members