GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

Wow! Possibly, this might be evidence for premediatation and a first degree charge. It also makes me feel that although they knew each other for 2 years. they may not have had a romantic relationship for that long
Possibly she reconciled with her husband and realized this guy was weird. It really looks like he was trying to figure out how to woo her and realized she was not that in to him.

I posted this a couple days ago when I was wondering why DB was only charged with second degree murder and not first degree. A NY poster told me that first degree murder charges in NY are pretty much reserved for murders of police officers in the line of duty, peace officers, firefighters, judges, and witnesses in court cases. Other requirements apply as well, I have attached a link below that may explain it better than I am.

NY Penal Law § 125.27: Murder in the first degree (1800nynylaw.com)

Last edited:
One thing I have wondered about...and I hope I don't get flamed because this is a question I have...is how hard is it to have a business if you are here illegally. You can't register your business name, be incorporated, have a tax payer ID, or be bonded. If you are doing lawn work...no big deal...but if you are doing remodeling/home repairs, then a bigger deal because if he causes damages to someone's home that would be a big deal. Actually, the mistake would be on the homeowner. An individual handyman likely couldn't cover the costs. I know I won't hire someone who was not bonded and didn't have a tax payer id. Makes me think the things if did were pretty small.

How odd to still insist LE is lying about them having an affair when such a lie would be pointless. Why would NYPD lie about a victim (who has a husband and kids) having an intimate relationship with her murderer? What purpose what that serve?

just because LE hasn’t logged onto wensleuths and personally messaged each of us the details of OG and DBs relationship doesn’t mean they don’t have tons of information. It’s an active investigation and there’s frankly no need for them to release details just to prove to strangers on the internet that they aren’t lying. Jmo

One thing I have wondered about...and I hope I don't get flamed because this is a question I have...is how hard is it to have a business if you are here illegally. You can't register your business name, be incorporated, have a tax payer ID, or be bonded. If you are doing lawn work...no big deal...but if you are doing remodeling/home repairs, then a bigger deal because if he causes damages to someone's home that would be a big deal. Actually, the mistake would be on the homeowner. An individual handyman likely couldn't cover the costs. I know I won't hire someone who was not bonded and didn't have a tax payer id. Makes me think the things if did were pretty small.

I didn't get the impression that DB was doing any major upgrades or repairs to OG's home. So far, there has been nothing found or revealed to indicate he had a business (website, business registration/filing, testimonials, etc.). I get the impression that he was hired to do odd jobs around the house (fix an AC filter issue, help a leaking sink, patch a crack in a wall, etc.). He had how-to videos saved on his YouTube about things like how to tile, installing a telephone socket, plumbing drain problems, etc.

This is why it's so interesting to me how he came about to work for their household. People like that always come via reference or interpersonal relationships (like hiring an off-books housekeeper, etc.). Likely, the people who did hire or recommend him wouldn't exactly be willing to volunteer that information now, but I am sure they are out there.

I also check out anyone who does work on my home. They are using the word "handyman" and I'm thinking he may have been doing small jobs and was being paid in cash.

I wonder if this house had a finished basement…used as family room…perhaps even with a bar or small kitchen that might be equipped with kitchen knives. Thats what i imagine when i read that thry were ‘in the basement.’

I’ve been looking for more info on DB’s court appearance today but I’m not finding much. He was charged late last Thursday night by Judge Anthony M. Battisti. Does anyone know if someone is reporting from the courtroom today?

How odd to still insist LE is lying about them having an affair when such a lie would be pointless. Why would NYPD lie about a victim (who has a husband and kids) having an intimate relationship with her murderer? What purpose what that serve?

just because LE hasn’t logged onto wensleuths and personally messaged each of us the details of OG and DBs relationship doesn’t mean they don’t have tons of information. It’s an active investigation and there’s frankly no need for them to release details just to prove to strangers on the internet that they aren’t lying. Jmo

Jumping off your post @bears10, it IS surprising, if not a violation of TOS in some cases, to criticize and bash LE for not showing us all of the evidence they have to be able to advance the case thus far.

The only individuals who HAVE to know this evidence and be convinced that there is probable cause are LE and the prosecutors who will try this case. The only individuals who need to be CONVINCED by the evidence are the jurors in a future trial and the judge who will oversee the proceedings. Would it be nice for us to be privy to all they know and have - sure! Is it our right? Of course not, nor would we truly want that if it were to jeopardize the case.

We are not entitled to confirmation of anything until the trial, and expecting to have that now is not realistic. Denigrating LE and NSM sources for falling short of such confirmation is not acceptable on Websleuths, and in fact, a violation of TOS. All members are free to believe or disbelieve what is being reported by LE and our approved MSM sources. However, bashing those entities in a post is not allowed. PLEASE do not reply to posts like that, and instead report them for moderators to handle.

When you don’t agree with something you read here, you may voice your opinion RESPECTFULLY, but it is not ok to negatively disparage LE and approved MSM.

Words to the wise.

If he was indeed let into the house (and didn't break-in and wait), I can imagine that one reason would be to not cause a scene outside or in front of the home. It's late. Your son is sleeping upstairs. You don't want neighbors to see or hear anything and you know this conversation may get heated. You let the guy in, never thinking in a million years that you're putting yourself in more danger and, at the time, just trying to spare yourself embarrassment and a potential scene. This could also be why they moved down to the basement. After being let in, voices were raised and moving to the basement would help muffle that noise.

ETA: The fact that they didn't meet at the bar after she got back into the neighborhood leads me to believe that DB surprised OG with his visit, and it wasn't a planned convo.
RBBM.

At what point did he get the knife? I still haven't been able to piece that in and I've thought about that a fair amount.

It was reported by PIX11, a text was sent from OGs phone to her husband. “your wife sent me to jail some years ago. I’m Back. Your whole family is next.”. Has it been reported when/where this was sent from? Was the phone found on her person or back at the home? I’m assuming from the home before transporting her in the hockey bag. With the husband on the west coast, he probably didn’t see the text until the morning. Did he contact police or did the police reach out to him first? Also, did DB have knowledge of a person OG had actually sent to jail several years before? Not sure why he would randomly make this up versus trying to deflect to a specific person.

It was reported by PIX11, a text was sent from OGs phone to her husband. “your wife sent me to jail some years ago. I’m Back. Your whole family is next.”. Has it been reported when/where this was sent from? Was the phone found on her person or back at the home? I’m assuming from the home before transporting her in the hockey bag. With the husband on the west coast, he probably didn’t see the text until the morning. Did he contact police or did the police reach out to him first? Also, did DB have knowledge of a person OG had actually sent to jail several years before? Not sure why he would randomly make this up versus trying to deflect to a specific person.
Much of it is still unclear. I rewatched the police press conference and the female detective states in a response to a question about the text message that "he has no burglary in the past", denying that DB's past crime was part of a motive. It was later reported that he had two arrests on his record that were sealed. When he was taken to the police station he tried to blame other people at first, even another handyman. IMO he was just desperate to divert attention.

From what I was able to find, he sent the text from OGs phone on the night of her murder and it was a complete ruse - with no backing in any factual previous event of OG sending someone in jail.

It would be interesting to know whether the phone was on OG or at home (IMO it was likely left at the house), and whether it prompted RK to contact police or vice versa.

I didn't get the impression that DB was doing any major upgrades or repairs to OG's home. So far, there has been nothing found or revealed to indicate he had a business (website, business registration/filing, testimonials, etc.). I get the impression that he was hired to do odd jobs around the house (fix an AC filter issue, help a leaking sink, patch a crack in a wall, etc.). He had how-to videos saved on his YouTube about things like how to tile, installing a telephone socket, plumbing drain problems, etc.

This is why it's so interesting to me how he came about to work for their household. People like that always come via reference or interpersonal relationships (like hiring an off-books housekeeper, etc.). Likely, the people who did hire or recommend him wouldn't exactly be willing to volunteer that information now, but I am sure they are out there.

My guess is he met her somewhere and somehow he volunteered to do handywork (paid or unpaid) because he was infatuated with her. He then did little handyman work for them just to get close to her, but that he's not a career handyman. Just my uneducated guess.

RBBM.

At what point did he get the knife? I still haven't been able to piece that in and I've thought about that a fair amount.
I wonder if they started in the kitchen. He may have grabbed the knife then, cut her on the arm and she ran into the living room behind a table and chairs right up against the main window. I say this because supposedly there was blood on the 1st floor. Later, a video of police searching the inside of the house looked as though they were searching right in front of the main window. Photos of parts of the house (taken at Christmas time) show there were 2 chairs and a table right in front of the big picture window. This is all speculation on my part but I see this as being very pausible.

My guess is he met her somewhere and somehow he volunteered to do handywork (paid or unpaid) because he was infatuated with her. He then did little handyman work for them just to get close to her, but that he's not a career handyman. Just my uneducated guess.
I agree. I would have thought with OG living in a wealthy area (from what I understand) they would have been wanting to hire someone reputable and not knowingly employ someone that was off the books. My thoughts were maybe he could have been employed as a one off somehow - maybe a neighbour recommended him, that's how they met, and then OG employed him for "further work" as a pretence to continue to see each other? JMO

Reactions: IDK
I wonder if this house had a finished basement…used as family room…perhaps even with a bar or small kitchen that might be equipped with kitchen knives. Thats what i imagine when i read that thry were ‘in the basement.’
It was reported up-thread that the basement has an exterior/separate entrance-- which is not uncommon for the Tudor design.

ETA: add link

gaal-home-basement-1.jpg

Orsolya Gaal murder: Handyman David Bonola had 'intimate' relationship with slain woman, NYPD says

Last edited:
per the electrician/handyman who was interviewed prior to DB arrest, the residence has an exterior entrance (possibly in garage but that wasn't really clear) that leads either up to the kitchen or down to the basement which was previously used as a playroom, when the kids were younger, and a laundry room.
Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's home had separate basement entrance, family electrician says
He said Klein, 53, worked from an office in the home and the house has separate door that leads either down to the basement or up to the kitchen. The basement consists of a laundry room and what was the kid’s playroom.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back