NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
About getting the body up the stairs. I have drug heavy wheeled suitcases up stairs easily. You put the wheels against the riser and pull the suitcase up a step at a time walking backwards. This also works with a moving dolly. Moo.
Do we know for a fact that the hockey bag was in the basement? Could it have been in the garage?
I was thinking maybe she got hit in the head first and knocked out and whoever did that got spooked bc he did not mean to kill her.
He starts carrying her up the stairs and she starts to scream hence the stabbing in the throat and that area. He takes her in to the garage and sees the hockey bag. He loads her in that. He now needs to make sure she is dead so thats when the multiple stabbings occur. He zips it up etc. Honestly who knows- JUST imo total imagination/speculation

Do we know for a fact that the hockey bag was in the basement? Could it have been in the garage?
I was thinking maybe she got hit in the head first and knocked out and whoever did that got spooked bc he did not mean to kill her.
He starts carrying her up the stairs and she starts to scream hence the stabbing in the throat and that area. He takes her in to the garage and sees the hockey bag. He loads her in that. He now needs to make sure she is dead so thats when the multiple stabbings occur. He zips it up etc. Honestly who knows- JUST imo total imagination/speculation
BBM above - that reminded me that on page 1 of this thread, early reports indicated cause of death was blunt force trauma. This is one article that was linked to at the time: Body of Orsolya Gaal found stuffed inside duffle bag in Queens, police say
This aspect seems to have either been forgotten by the media or deemed to be untrue after all? With that many stab wounds, you'd think they'd suspect that as COD, but maybe she had some sort of massive head injury that led them to think blunt force trauma was most likely the overall cause (prior to the autopsy)?

Using photos OG posted to her Facebook, I was able to develop a rough layout of the first floor of the home.View attachment 340393 View attachment 340394 View attachment 340395 View attachment 340396
And a NON-native or non-resident might do the same thing for a different reason.

Like, I’ve been to NYC once in my adult life, and I would just call Bowery “Bowery”, because I legitimately don’t know whether it’s street, ave, blvd etc.

Which makes the inclusion of “street” even weirder on some level.

This made me giggle because The Bowery is a Street but is would never be called anything but THE Bowery by a native.

Stabbed 60 times and it was an accident?

Husband Received Threatening Texts Like ‘Your Whole Family Is Next’ After Wife Was Found Stabbed Dozens of Times in Duffel Bag, Report Says – Law & Crime
<snipped & BBM>
NYPD spokesperson Officer Cannon, who declined to give her first name, told Law&Crime that officers responded to a 911 call of a suspicious bag just after 8 a.m. on April 16. Authorities found the 51-year-old victim unconscious and unresponsive at the corner of Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway. EMS declared her dead at the scene.

[...]

Gaal’s husband told cops he got threatening text messages over the weekend, “sources close to the case” said, according to CBS News. High-ranking authorities reportedly have not seen those texts for themselves.

Cannon told Law&Crime that she cannot confirm the texts. That is part of the ongoing investigation, she said.

[...]

A man who knew her and had access to the home is a person of interest, multiple law enforcement sources reportedly said.

Cannon told Law&Crime on Tuesday that there is no person of interest.

Lurker here, but wanted to chime in. People who live in Queens/Forest Hills refer to "Austin Street" as "Austin Street". No one calls it Austin. Not unusual at all to call it Austin Street.
Maybe it's a generational thing? Maybe it's just my family? Who knows?

April 19 2022 rbbm.
Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal reportedly went missing briefly in 2020 as manhunt intensifies | Fox News
''NEW YORK – Queens mother Orsolya Gaal – whose remains were reportedly discovered inside a duffel bag with nearly 60 stab wounds over the weekend – was briefly reported missing nearly two years earlier, according to a recent report.

At least one unmarked police vehicle sat outside of Gaal's family's $2.2 million Forest Hills home on Tuesday. The manhunt for the 51-year-old mother's killer continued three days after her lifeless body was discovered inside a duffel bag less than a mile from her Juno Street home.

Police received a call around 8:10 a.m. Saturday for a report of "a suspicious bag with blood on it at the corner of Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway."

Interesting. To me it sounds normal, neither contrived or an accent. Maybe I read too many books as a child; I didn’t have any other non-American influences.

again, I don't doubt this is a normal speech pattern for some. a midatlantic or transatlantic accent is simply a pattern of speech that blends both English and European common words and phrases. This can be a completely natural manner of speech for some. I just don't believe it is for the person who sent the text from OG's phone.

This made me giggle because The Bowery is a Street but is would never be called anything but THE Bowery by a native.

Kind of like Bronx, NY. No one ever says, "I live in Bronx." People say, "I live in Manhattan." But with the Bronx, it is always said, "I live in the Bronx." Just a mouth feel or an ear feel, I guess.

Husband Received Threatening Texts Like ‘Your Whole Family Is Next’ After Wife Was Found Stabbed Dozens of Times in Duffel Bag, Report Says – Law & Crime
<snipped & BBM>
NYPD spokesperson Officer Cannon, who declined to give her first name, told Law&Crime that officers responded to a 911 call of a suspicious bag just after 8 a.m. on April 16. Authorities found the 51-year-old victim unconscious and unresponsive at the corner of Metropolitan Avenue and Jackie Robinson Parkway. EMS declared her dead at the scene.

[...]

Gaal’s husband told cops he got threatening text messages over the weekend, “sources close to the case” said, according to CBS News. High-ranking authorities reportedly have not seen those texts for themselves.

Cannon told Law&Crime that she cannot confirm the texts. That is part of the ongoing investigation, she said.

[...]

A man who knew her and had access to the home is a person of interest, multiple law enforcement sources reportedly said.

Well this is sure interesting. Her husband received texts over the weekend. Does that mean there were more than one text messages? And what day and time did he receive them. Le can’t confirm the text messages. Hmmm

Gaal’s husband told cops he got threatening text messages over the weekend, “sources close to the case
<snipped & BBM>

[...]

[...]

Well this is sure interesting. Her husband received texts over the weekend. Does that mean there were more than one text messages? And what day and time did he receive them. Le can’t confirm the text messages. Hmmm

The whole murder was incredibly sloppy- from the sheer amount of overkill, to the undoubtedly messy crime scene, to the timing of the kill with a child/potential witness in the house, to the incredibly obvious ruse of a text sent afterwards, to the dragging of the body over half a mile in an athletic bag for cameras all along the path to catch.

Some commenters have suggested that because of the victim supposedly meeting up with a man that she might have been having an affair and that would point to the husband hiring a killer while he was out of town. But I find that HIGHLY unlikely, because hitmen don’t stab their victims 60 times and then drag the body in plain sight. A hitman also likely wouldn’t announce his murder via text message and then take efforts to conceal the body. Those two actions contradict one another. Murderers move a body to conceal aspects of the crime or the crime itself. It makes zero sense to hide a body and then text people “hey, I murdered your loved one and you’re next”.

As it has been stated already here and elsewhere, a murder involving 60 stab wound indicates extreme rage and anger towards the victim and almost certainly points to a personal relationship to the victim.

There is one scenario that perfectly fits all of the evidence and timeline provided by the police/media, and it’s one that I won’t say out of fear of violating site terms. But it’s the one I’m sure many here are already thinking.

Why would the killing occur when dad and older brother are away?

What type of person has a lot of pent up anger?

Why wouldn’t the perp drive the body to a separate location instead of walking it?

Who would have knowledge of the husband’s name in the victim’s phone in order to send the “threatening” text?

Who would think to use a hockey bag as a means of transporting a body?

Who would be so sloppy in all phases of a murder, someone with advanced intelligence or someone more on the immature side?

Why would so many personal items from the house be removed as evidence by the police? Crime scene evidence is usually recorded at the scene and carried away in the form of photos, swabs, etc. Large items like computers are more often removed from the home of suspects, not as often for the victims.

Guess in theory it could be many different people, but in my opinion those questions all point towards one suspect.

Exactly what I’m thinking. I’ll be very surprised if I’m wrong. To me it’s pretty obvious.

I should clarify. I don't believe the text as far as it's content. I believe the text was to distract and distance from the real facts of the case. I believe the wording chosen was not natural to the texter. Not suggesting nobody speaks like this. Simply suggesting the perp doesn't.

That’s interesting, but might predict things about the perp. It would indicate fairly sophisticated linguistic knowledge—it’s much easier to tok bad u no, than to go to elegant language, with idioms you do not use, complete with ellipses and other punctuation marks often not used.

Seriously, I’ve been told that for the younger generation, putting a period at the end of a sentence indicates that you’re angry!

In other words, if the person who sent the text wasn’t using his/her usual phrasing, I think it’s unlikely to be a teenager, or drug-addled.

All MOO

Exactly what I’m thinking. I’ll be very surprised if I’m wrong. To me it’s pretty obvious.

Still thinking she came home to something after her night out. Perhaps illicit activity going on in the house. Someone got angry that they got caught and reacted. Had there been any confirmation that the 13 yr old was the only one in the house? Friend(s) over?

JMO that bartenders are pretty good at reading people. If a bartender thought someone seemed as if they were waiting for someone, I’d tend to believe them. They can tell if a person wants to chat a little, or if they just want to be left alone, for example. Their tips depend on it.

She may have been glancing at the door or window expectantly, or checking her watch or phone.

JMO

good point re bartenders …
& lol cuz when I drank alone back in NY I’d always make a show of waiting for someone (who never arrived) ! Just to make it clear to everyone else that I wasn’t looking for company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
restfulmedsuk