NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why report him missing?

She thought he would come running right home and thisngs would go back to normal'?

She had to report him missing. His children and family would know he is missing, and it would look mighty odd if he was not reported missing.
IMOO.

Yes, like the starving people in Africa (only kidding). I don't think I'm in the position to help much in either case, but this case has some intrigue.

Lol I just hate following these cases and then one day find out he's been found alive and well but the family wants their privacy .

If he took off and can't pick up a phone and call someone well I have no sympathy for the dude.

So back to that Damm wallet lol

What does Ida know that she is not sharing?

Evidently she is not sharing A LOT, because we are chasing our tails here, going round in circles about what's in the wallet, was his car in the driveway. There's conflicting reports about his car was seen on video but he didn't pull into the driveway,as per verified insider NCNY, but yet it has been reported that why yes, a red car pulled in the driveway, and left the driveway......Are there several videos out there then?
There are MANY questions NOT being answered. Not being answered ON PURPOSE.
Hopefully nothing nefarious went down......
Maybe it's to shame him back home, but after 3 months.......hum........
maybe he can't come back home.......
IMOO.

When he was reported that Quickly, it does make a person wonder...
IMOO.

Only saying this because I was a 911 operator for almost 29 years and retired last year, family calls 911 when their family member does not come home by dinner time. I think she waited to long, imo. But people usually ask if there have been any auto accidents in the area.

Only saying this because I was a 911 operator for almost 29 years and retired last year, family calls 911 when their family member does not come home by dinner time. I think she waited to long, imo. But people usually ask if there have been any auto accidents in the area.

Would be interesting to hear or see a transcript of the 911 call placed for him - I'm assuming one was made, no?

A Wallet might just be a Wallet; I did not consider that he may have had another wallet with all the important stuff in it. Was his license in there, his union card, his ATM card, his kid's pictures? WE NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!!

Or a Passport Card. You can use a passport card to go into Canada via land. I just think not via aircraft. It's like a drivers license. I have one.

Possible, but I think Arrow would have said something. They seem like a legit operation—compared to some of the others. I'm more inclined to think he left them in a gang box at the site. JMO

Hello all - I've been reading for awhile, and just joined. I live on LI in the same township as Dix Hills. I've been asking people I know IRL what they think about RM being missing for three months....and with a few exceptions most haven't even heard about him! It's very odd.

Electrician tools....so valuable, it wouldn't make sense to scrap them. My sister was married to a union electrician and I've heard enough stories of tools stolen from jobsites and locked vans that I would have a hard time understanding if RM didn't have them locked up at home.

Evidently she is not sharing A LOT, because we are chasing our tails here, going round in circles about what's in the wallet, was his car in the driveway. There's conflicting reports about his car was seen on video but he didn't pull into the driveway,as per verified insider NCNY, but yet it has been reported that why yes, a red car pulled in the driveway, and left the driveway......Are there several videos out there then?
IMOO.

I do not think the car went in the driveway you have to go back and read that statement. Cant find it right now but I believe it was in front of the neighbors drive not his driveway. I do not think their camera can see their driveway

IMOO.

Why leave for Fathers day? Why not wait till Monday?

No 911 call.

No 911 call???
How were the police notified, by the family in law enforcement?
I guess I am a bit confused about the timing then.....so at 4pm she was concerned that he wasn't home, and she found his wallet then, or she didn't find the wallet then, or was she concerned by 5 or 6pm, and the wallet was searched for and found then, or not found then, along with the phone that was or was not found then....
So there wasn't a 911 call but police were notified at 1 or 2 in the morning, right? Or is that incorrect as well?
My Brain Hurts!!!!!!!!
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads