NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that when Sweat and Matt are captured and returned to Clinton, they'll be shocked at how their actions will result in at least the next ten years of hard lockdown for them and probably everyone else in that prison.

That's one of the reasons I worry that they'll not go back easily and there could be casualties. They have nothing to lose now.

Kenneth Moton ‏@KennethMoton 54m54 minutes ago

New info in the #PrisonBreakNY: prison guard arrested last night is out on bail this morning. Latest in a report on #AmericaThisMorning @ABC

I suspect that when Sweat and Matt are captured and returned to Clinton, they'll be shocked at how their actions will result in at least the next ten years of hard lockdown for them and probably everyone else in that prison.

I suspect they won't return to Clinton. One will be sent to Attica and the other to either Great Meadow or Sing Sing.

May be a knee-jerk reaction, but at least for the next couple of years, I suspect the New York maximum-security prisons will really be prisons in the wake of this escape.

And the plot thickens... BBM
"His tiny 800 sq. ft. home, which he share with wife, Laurie, is just behind the Mobil gas station and Subway sandwich shop where police believe Matt and Sweat went immediately after escaping on June 6 to forage for food in garbage cans."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eat-allowed-access-catwalk.html#ixzz3e2oZJzkv

From June 11th:

"There is also a Subway sandwich shop at the gas station and Wylie said the prisoners might have been looking for food in the trash bin."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/11/us/new-york-prison-break/

Instead of dumpster diving like LE thought, were they going to Palmer's house? Or did he stash supplies near his house for them? Or are we to believe this is yet ANOTHER crazy coincidence??

AND I Found that comment on an early article posted on June 7 by someone that said something about the Subway shop that was SO suspect that I submitted a tip about it and LE called me the next day and spoke to me about it. That's pretty interesting right there IMO.

PS - I urged them to just at least check the IP address of the poster of the comment I found. I hope it led them to GP's house. That would be all kinds of interesting.

ETA - I know people will ask. This article here has comments way down at the bottom if you scroll far enough. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/escaped-new-york-prisoners-richard-matt-david-sweat-left-taunting-note/

Find the one by "SUBTEXT9" (which either means texting from the subway, or "read the subtext of this comment" IMO). Remember these guys broke out what, June 6? This was posted June 7. The news of the dogs finding Matt & Sweat's scents at the Subway/gas station didn't come out until over a week later, making this a powerful coincidence of a comment if it's completely fabricated out of someone's imagination and posted just for the hell of it by them. I don't think that's the case though. I think the person who posted it had a good reason for posting it, and was near or inside the Subway at the time. GP's house is near the Subway. Just thinking out loud.

Never Mind, here you go:

"Shaw-*advertiser censored* had closet sex with killer at least 100 times" - NY Post headline I just came across. :giggle:

"'My client has been fully cooperative. He has been providing all information that has been asked for and I've been told by the state police investigator that that cooperation saved him from an aiding and abetting charge which is the charge that Joyce Mitchell is facing.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lades-frozen-meat-allowed-access-catwalk.html

So does that mean Tillie WASN"T so forthcoming with info?
-----
also from above link:

"But as she only had access to the tailor shop where she supervised both Matt and Sweat, she allegedly persuaded Palmer to take it into the main prison."

So then there HAD to be more besides her and Palmer IMO.

And whoever said they think he burned the paintings because they were actually a second coat of paint hiding blueprints or something - I think that's the best idea I"ve heard re: paintings/contraband/burning/burying so far.

"He also agreed at his court appearance to turn over all the weapons stored at his home to a relative.

Brockway argued that his client should be released on his own recognizance as he cares for his sick wife, but the judge sided with the district attorney."

ABC News meanwhile reports that Palmer purchased art supplies for Matt at a craft store, and the prisoner gave him paintings in exchange for these supplies.

Palmer is said to have burned the works shortly after the men escaped from the prison.

'I purchased and then provided paint and paint brushes for Richard Matt on two separate occasions,' Palmer allegedly told investigators in a statement.

He also admitted to delivering a bag with a pound of hamburger meat, tubes of paint and something wrapped in green cloth to Matt, at the behest of Mitchell, on may 29, just one week before the escape.

'I did not realize at the time, that the assistance provided to Matt or Sweat made their escape easier,' said Palmer.

'Matt provided me with elaborate paintings and information on the illegal acts that inmates were committing within the facility,' explained Palmer.

'In turn, I provided him with benefits such as paint, paintbrushes, movement of inmates, hamburger meat, altering of electrical boxes in the catwalk areas.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lades-frozen-meat-allowed-access-catwalk.html

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/us/new-york-prison-break/

"Palmer told investigators he supervised Richard Matt and David Sweat doing the work and took the tools back before the end of his shift, the official said. Authorities have said Matt and Sweat used the catwalks during their June 6 escape.

The tools were found at Palmer's home after police executed a search warrant, the official added."

<snip>

"She sometimes brought him tattoo or art supplies and food that inmates couldn't get inside the prison, Jensen said.

She often mingled with the other inmates and sometimes brought doughnuts. Some viewed her as a grandmother figure, he said."

(I saw on CNN last night that Tillie brought Sweat tattoo ink. She was such a little people pleaser wasnt she?)

-------
also from above link (I know most of us know most of this stuff, but this thread gets a LOT more members reading than posting and who knows if all of THEM are up to speed?):

"When asked during a midday news conference if a shotgun was missing, Maj. Charles Guess of the New York State Police said he doesn't have information about a specific shotgun.

"I would point out to you that, those of you who are not familiar with the area, just about every cabin or out building in the North Country has one or more shotguns or weapons, and we have since Day 1 operated under the belief that these men are armed," he said. "

[video=twitter;613903186617876485]https://twitter.com/stacidasilva/status/613903186617876485[/video]

geez! He buried some of the paintings and burned some of them? How many paintings did he get from Matt??

" "I purchased and then provided paint and paint brushes for Richard Matt on two separate occasions," Palmer allegedly told investigators in a statement date June 20. He also described shopping at Michael's in Plattsburgh approximately two years ago for "white zinc paint" and "white titanium paint" as well as "one large tube of acrylic paint" for Sweat, the statement says.

Then on May 29, he said that he received a package from prison worker Joyce Mitchell, who is also accused of helping the inmates, to give to Matt, the statement said.

According to the documents, the package was a "green-colored, woven cloth bag" approximately 12 inches by 5 inches containing more than a pound of frozen hamburger meat.

The beef was packaged in styrofoam with plastic wrap but no price sticker on it, the statements said. There were also allegedly two tubes of paint and a "small, green cloth item."

The next day, he took the package and delivered it to Matt through his cell.

"I cannot remember providing him with anything else," he allegedly said.

Palmer also admitted to allowing Sweat to work on the electrical boxes of the cell by accessing the catwalk behind them "because inmate Matt asked me and I was doing him a favor," he allegedly said. "

<snip>

" In the wake of the escape, Palmer allegedly burned some of the paintings in a fire pit at his residence and buried others in the woods.

In an interview, Clinton County DA told ABC News that the pliers were used for the inmates' paintings.

"I'm not attributing those pliers in any manner to the escape," Wylie said. "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/corrections-officer-gene-palmer-arrested-ny-prison-escape/story?id=32009973

why do you need pliers for paintings?

This whole debacle is shocking and disappointing to me. I'm not local per se but I have a seasonal place down there ( I say down because I'm up in Canada) and have been going since I was a child. I spend and have spent my summers down there for years- decades really. I am not going down until this whole thing is settled however and it's a darn shame trying to explain to my kids why we can't go to the camp yet this year. I've been making up excuses about work etc... They are too young to be anxious about this kind of stuff. I however am very, and this whole thing has been an eye opener for me. Since I'm not exactly "local, local" maybe somebody who is will chime in.

Let me start by saying that a good chunk of my neighbours down here are CO's or LE. I'd say the majority are. And these are seasonal places for them meaning that they live in Malone, or Plattsburgh, or Altona etc.. And they come down to the cabin on weekends or for summer vacation. Honestly pretty much all of my neighbours here are either LE/CO or are older people from the southern part of the US who have had the camp in their family for generations. Many of the older folk are finding it hard to get up here every summer so there are a lot and I mean a lot of properties for sale around here (Lake Titus, Indian Lake, Mountain View, Chazy, the Upper and Lower Chatauguay lakes etc).
There are so few jobs here that you're really have no other choice but to work in the prisons, in border patrol, State Police or else you work at the Walmart in Malone.
What I have noticed in the past few years and I remarked to my husband last summer how uncomfortable it made me ( he laughed it off as I'm on WS too much) is the increase in methheads in the area. This seems to be becoming a huge problem around here. I remember actually driving up to Malone from our camp in order to get cell service and sitting in the Walmart parking lot and texting my friend how uncomfortable I was feeling and I have never ever felt that way here in the decades that I've been vacationing here. In a way it doesn't surprise me that all these revelations of corruption at Clinton are coming out. I think that despite the beauty and quietness of the area there is a lot of despair here.

Thanks for reminding us that many of those cabin owners would be COs or LE -- that's been mentioned several times, but worth mentioning again.

As far as the meth trade -- I remember that coming up when those little Amish girls were kidnapped last year, in the Huevelton area, east of Malone. If the escaped convicts were to come across a property that contained a meth lab, the residents would not be likely to call the police.

AND I Found that comment on an early article posted on June 7 by someone that said something about the Subway shop that was SO suspect that I submitted a tip about it and LE called me the next day and spoke to me about it. That's pretty interesting right there IMO.

PS - I urged them to just at least check the IP address of the poster of the comment I found. I hope it led them to GP's house. That would be all kinds of interesting.

ETA - I know people will ask. This article here has comments way down at the bottom if you scroll far enough. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/escaped-new-york-prisoners-richard-matt-david-sweat-left-taunting-note/

Find the one by "SUBTEXT9" (which either means texting from the subway, or "read the subtext of this comment" IMO). Remember these guys broke out what, June 6? This was posted June 7. The news of the dogs finding Matt & Sweat's scents at the Subway/gas station didn't come out until over a week later, making this a powerful coincidence of a comment if it's completely fabricated out of someone's imagination and posted just for the hell of it by them. I don't think that's the case though. I think the person who posted it had a good reason for posting it, and was near or inside the Subway at the time. GP's house is near the Subway. Just thinking out loud.

Never Mind, here you go:

I was thinking that comment meant that the workers in that subway looked or acted like they belonged in prison as opposed to a clean cut person and was making a joke.

OH today is June 25. Well, Richard Matt, welcome to your 49th year on this planet. Today is his birthday. Now both have celebrated one birthday free. Probably the last one.

"Mitchell's lawyer, Steve Johnston, declined Wednesday to comment on what his client might have admitted to, telling CNN he didn't want to be "in a position of harming her plea-bargaining opportunities.""

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/us/new-york-prison-break/

Come on, seriously? His client is admitting to him that she's done unnamed stuff in regards to this case, but he doesn't want to tell anyone about these things she's already ADMITTED TO DOING, because he needs to be able to get her a plea bargain?

I realize this is his job as a defense attorney but OMG I would have to resign from this case if it was me. I wouldn't be able to sit on all that miss Tillie told me.

Did anyone ever ask LE if they found any forensic evidence at the Subway location or if they even looked for it? I think we know that they didn't find any there.

SO Tillie's "baked goods" that she wooed everyone at the prison with were Donuts. Why does this not surprise me and even threaten to crack me up?

"“She was like a grandmother-type figure” to the rest of the prisoners she supervised in the prison’s tailoring shop, Jensen said on CNN. “She would mingle, sometimes she would bring donuts to the workers in the tailor shop.”"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...e-relationship-running-joke-article-1.2269529

Did anyone ever ask LE if they found any forensic evidence at the Subway location or if they even looked for it? I think we know that they didn't find any there.

Presumably not, I mean it took their dogs like a week, week and a half to even track them there. Which is weird because they couldn't track these guys with only a 24 hour or less lead from the cabin, eh?

:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members