GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

I think we are assuming these guys are guilty due to the LE statements and arrests. Yes, there are people arrested that did not commit the crime. But there has to be compelling evidence for the DA to agree to arrests. So for now, this is what we have.
Their criminal histories and relation to one of the victims is also something that ties them to the crime. So far there are NO other suspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you think they didn't have anything worth stealing other than their phones? Why do you think they didn't have spare cash?

Did you read the linked Daily Beast story above & think Brandy was trying to scam people?

This is such a horrendous crime.

Saddens my heart that a human being could do this.

Did you read the linked Daily Beast story above & think Brandy was trying to scam people?

No I didn’t get that from the article. She was asking for gifts for the kids.. doesn’t seem like scamming.

No, not at all. I think this was meant facetiously. In the article it was referring to Brandi's FB posts where she was desperately trying to find presents for the kids for Christmas. You can read here...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/murde...ng-was-friends-with-victim-family-member-says
(Just popping out of lurking to say...) I also believe the poster meant this facetiously. It seemed obvious to me Brandi was drawing on every resource she could think of to provide Christmas for her kids. In my reading, it sounded like the only asset she might've had was "winter tire," which she was attempting to sell so she could buy gifts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don’t care if she was scamming, stealing etc... nothing constitutes slashing two small children’s throats. This isn’t about what she may have done this is about what these monsters did.

The thing I find surprising is no one picked up on odors. But then maybe the heat was turned off and that kept the bodies from decomposing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If the door was locked when the older son knocked on the door to drop off gifts, that indicates the door wasn't kicked in - no evidence of a forced entry through the door.

Since it seems like one perp knew BM, I'm wondering if this started out as a friendly visit and then went sour or if the perps arrived with bad intentions.

Either way....WHY!?

jmo

The thing I find surprising is no one picked up on odors. But then maybe the heat was turned off and that kept the bodies from decomposing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I believe the odor of decomposition was confined in the enclosed living space plus they were found in the basement which would even suppress the odor more. Police have done wellness checks and at first will see nothing amiss and leave and the person or persons can be deceased in the home. Once they return usually at the urging of family or friends when they penetrate the residence and go in is when they will smell the smell of death especially if all of the windows and doors were closed.

The police may have smelled it once they entered and the smell could have been stronger the closer they got to the basement.

I have read about so many cases where victims were murdered...even by gunshot and the next door neighbors never heard a thing nor did they smell any decomp even though the victims may have been found much later after being murdered. And several of them involved apartment complexes with each dwelling sitting side by side or overhead only separated by a wall or ceiling

There are many things inside an enclosed dwelling that can buffer sounds even screams if they did scream in this case.

So I am not surprised no one heard or smelled anything from the outside.

If the door was locked when the older son knocked on the door to drop off gifts, that indicates the door wasn't kicked in - no evidence of a forced entry through the door.

Since it seems like one perp knew BM, I'm wondering if this started out as a friendly visit and then went sour or if the perps arrived with bad intentions.

Either way....WHY!?

jmo

Even those who are poorer than others often get robbed.:( I read about it all the time in my local area online newspapers.

He may have used him knowing her as a way for her to open the door thinking she could trust him.

For some reason I think robbery was the motive, and if she knew one of them it wasn't for a long time, and she really didn't know him like she thought she did, but may have mistakenly thought she could trust him.

I also believe robbery to be motive. Or the ladies/ family may have witnessed other criminal activity and were then seen as a threat.

I 100% agree, I think no conscience people will do whatever they want to get what they want. I think robbery was the motive, and they were just mad that they didnt get much and/or didn't care.

Can someone explain to me why the suspects are each charged with only one count of first degree murder but 4 for second degree? Seems this was premeditated...which as far as I know would constitute 4 counts of murder in the first. Unless it’s redundant because one count is all you need for life in prison? Just trying to understand. Also, per the article, I found it interesting that one of the victims was covered with a sheet, and I have to wonder why. Generally that CAN indicate remorse...I wonder if it was BM, as she was the one that the suspect knew. Moo

I am tending toward the belief that this was a hate crime, because Brandi had relatively recently entered a same sex relationship.

I understood BM was previously in same sex relationships. And this wasn’t her first.

I am tending toward the belief that this was a hate crime, because Brandi had relatively recently entered a same sex relationship.

Oh I hope not... my cousin was murdered in 2000 and it was a hate crime. Most of us didn’t know he was gay until after the incident took place and it came out in the motive. The man alleged my cousin came onto him, fully naked, so he stabbed him to death because he hates “f@g$”
The only silver lining was that he made those statements throughout the process and that lead to a guilty plea and additional time for the hate crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back