GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

Right on Brandi’s Facebook she posts pictures of marijuana both in a bag and smoking it... but we can’t talk about it being part of the motive??? I guess I’m confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half the country smoke pot.

This is very interesting theory. I can’t imagine what he could have loved that she would/ could have taken.

Or maybe he thought that Brandi was his and Shanta took her from him. I don't really think that, but you never know.

I am not saying it’s drug related but I don’t think we can just dismiss it as a possibility at this point.
I was looking into other mass family murders to maybe get an idea on why this happens.
The Stay family including 4 children were murdered in Texas in 2014. The suspect had been previously married to a family member and this was called a domestic dispute.
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/texas-family-murdered-in-home/4/
The Jennifer Hudson family murder was also done by an ex member of the family. Domestic murder.
https://www.thoughtco.com/the-jennifer-hudson-family-murders-971053
The Clutter family including children were murdered because someone thought they had a lot of money in a safe. The murders got $50. Robbery Murder.
http://www.gcpolice.org/about-gcpd/history/famous-cases/clutter-family-murders
The Harvey family including children were murdered by a man with extensive criminal history. This was a robbery murder.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...073.amp.html&usg=AOvVaw3pNFH4VGKQIszgoa1rQU-U
The Martinez family was murdered by a young man and young woman during a robbery.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ar-court.amp&usg=AOvVaw33hC983Ue8s9TKsqBx5J1Q
The Vasquez family was murdered by the mothers ex. Domestic murder.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ar-court.amp&usg=AOvVaw33hC983Ue8s9TKsqBx5J1Q
It seems everything I’ve read is either family violence or robbery. There are many many stories of families including children being murdered. Unfortunately it’s not as uncommon as we think.
I’m going to say statistics would be that the likely motive is robbery seeing that the suspects were not family members. JMO

I am certainly not trying to put any blame on the victims.. (I’ve been fighting victim bashing on the Brandon Lawson forum for several years).
I’m not saying anything bad about them and don’t feel like they did anything that brought this on themselves. Im only trying to make sense of what caused this horrific murder, just like everyone else. I’m just looking through the facts of what we know and trying to piece it together. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Yes I know, but it could be related if the killers wanted to steal it. It happens every day.

Please site a reputable source for these daily murders that are occuring over a blunt. I would really like to read about this phenomenon.

Take it up with a mod, but they have the last word.
I'm just confused as to why only this case. On the Honey and Barry (forgot their last name) the theories have been all over the place- even theories of child molestation. That's definitely worse than drugs. Throwing out theories is what we do here. It's not victim bashing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There were 49 people shot in Chicago just last weekend. Most of them were probably over drug deals.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-violence-20150517-story.html

Thank you for sharing. Sounds like he was a very violent unstable person. So tragic. There may have been no rhyme or reasoning for the murders. He may have just snapped. It is odd though that the other person went along with it. Or maybe he didn’t. We don’t know all the details.

I'm just confused as to why only this case. On the Honey and Barry (forgot their last name) the theories have been all over the place- even theories of child molestation. That's definitely worse than drugs. Throwing out theories is what we do here. It's not victim bashing.

Every case is different. There is a bit of sensitivity in this case. Two African American women ( partners) and two children. Even if it isn’t meant in a negative way stating ... what would these two women have that anyone would steal, drug deal gone bad, maybe she stole drugs from him, even my comment on pseudo social media names was taken in a negative manner. I would hope that no one would profile and jump to theories based on race or sexual preference... but it happens. Yes, theories about drugs are brought up in most cases. Perhaps we all need. Be a bit more patient and kinder when replying back to posters.

Every case is different. There is a bit of sensitivity in this case. Two African American women ( partners) and two children. Even if it isn’t meant in a negative way stating ... what would these two women have that anyone would steal, drug deal gone bad, maybe she stole drugs from him, even my comment on pseudo social media names was taken in a negative manner. I would hope that no one would profile and jump to theories based on race or sexual preference... but it happens. Yes, theories about drugs are brought up in most cases. Perhaps we all need. Be a bit more patient and kinder when replying back to posters.

Thank you for commenting on this, thekarmabus. It's been a very long time since I followed a case on WS, but it struck me how sensitive the atmosphere of intelligent exchange has become. I'm relieved to know it's not this way across the board. I've always appreciated and distinguished WS for its dual-extant liberty and respect. I'd hate to think it's changed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What do you mean?

I probably better keep my opinions to myself for the most part, but I just find a lot of things weird here.

It will be interesting to find out what the truth is, if we ever do.

Well I'm African American so I'm usually sensitive to stereotypes, but when you see certain things, you can draw certain conclusions.

Suspect in Troy killings was banned from local homeless shelter for ‘extreme’ behavior

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nned-local-homeless-shelter-article-1.3733057

This says a lot... I’m also in upstate NY and today the high is 13*. If I was banned from a shelter -this isn’t that large of an area so I’m thinking there’s not a ton of shelters- and even if there were others across town, if he’s without transportation it can be difficult to find another shelter that will take him in.
Perhaps he knew his accomplice was friend with Brandi and that she was trusting and nice and would allow them to stay. He may have snapped or came in as planned and did this terrible act as a result of his rage/anger issues. I see a desperate person (JW) who has nothing to lose and no regard for human life. Sick.
But my thoughts are the motive was nothing more than an opportunity to take advantage of a helping hand.

This says a lot... I’m also in upstate NY and today the high is 13*. If I was banned from a shelter -this isn’t that large of an area so I’m thinking there’s not a ton of shelters- and even if there were others across town, if he’s without transportation it can be difficult to find another shelter that will take him in.
Perhaps he knew his accomplice was friend with Brandi and that she was trusting and nice and would allow them to stay. He may have snapped or came in as planned and did this terrible act as a result of his rage/anger issues. I see a desperate person (JW) who has nothing to lose and no regard for human life. Sick.
But my thoughts are the motive was nothing more than an opportunity to take advantage of a helping hand.

I wonder if again, he was banned from shelter (from these women) or maybe they found him hiding in their place for shelter and tried to get rid of him. This scenario would have to put the other guy there with him. Or maybe getting arrested for a horrific crime will give him shelter for the rest of his life. He certainly sounds disturbed and his logic is off with anger and violence seeming to be uncontrollable/unmanageable for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back