GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

I'm a bit curious about the people she was living with. I understand she lived in the basement of someone's home. If she was killed in their basement/her apartment, wouldn't they have heard something?

I'm a bit curious about the people she was living with. I understand she lived in the basement of someone's home. If she was killed in their basement/her apartment, wouldn't they have heard something?
Good question. It looks from the video to have at least 3 mailboxes in the front porch indicating possibly multi tenants. I haven't found an address though.

If she lived in a basement type apartment in someone’s home - usually they don’t have access to the outside? So you have to go thru the house?
So she wasn’t alone? Other people lived in the house or was it empty?

If she lived in a basement type apartment in someone’s home - usually they don’t have access to the outside? So you have to go thru the house?
Basement apartments usually do have separate access. I’ve seen several.

From the video I saw, there are 3 apartments in the house. I assumed one apartment per floor so possibly each apartment has it's own entrance? Or she had a separate entrance via a "common entrance"?

The furnace, plumbing and hot water tank have to go somewhere, usually the basement. So maybe the entrance to her place was separate from the rest of the basement. Maybe the rest of the basement was accessible to anyone?

From the video I saw, there are 3 apartments in the house. I assumed one apartment per floor so possibly each apartment has it's own entrance? Or she had a separate entrance via a "common entrance"?

The furnace, plumbing and hot water tank have to go somewhere, usually the basement. So maybe the entrance to her place was separate from the rest of the basement. Maybe the rest of the basement was accessible to anyone?
Yes. She was in a multi family dwelling. Probably a lot of people in and out as tenants

Wondering if one of the tenants did it once they say the boyfriend wasn’t around anymore. (One of the million thoughts I have on this.)

It did not sound like a premonition imo...didn’t she say “so many women are getting murdered” or something like that? Not that she had a vision or dream that she would be murdered? Or did she say both...

Not sure how she could have bound herself and put herself into a suitcase along the road though...I guess it depends if suitcase was found open, if binding could have been done by her, if it was her suitcase, etc...but that is not how this is being investiagted so I assume she was murdered. Very strange though...all of it.
Jmo
One fact in this case is that this was a homicide. She did not commit suicide.

My suspicion the ex did this is becoming quite strong. He wrote that he was in Manhattan when someone on social media stated she was last in Manhattan. His social
media presence was strong and he was quite responsive to strangers. Not sure if that is an intuitive reaction when your loved on goes missing and then is discovered brutally murdered and disposed of. I am also wondering if he is the “PI” to have allegedly spotted her in Manhattan. I am not sure she ever made it to Manhattan. Feels like her basement apartment is the place of death.

My suspicion the ex did this is becoming quite strong. He wrote that he was in Manhattan when someone on social media stated she was last in Manhattan. His social
media presence was strong and he was quite responsive to strangers. Not sure if that is an intuitive reaction when your loved on goes missing and then is discovered brutally murdered and disposed of. I am also wondering if he is the “PI” to have allegedly spotted her in Manhattan. I am not sure she ever made it to Manhattan. Feels like her basement apartment is the place of death.

I thought she was last seen on an ATM security camera at 2a.m? But then it says "last seen January 29 at about 9a.m".

Who Is Valerie Reyes? New Details About The Woman Whose Body Was Found Stuffed Into A Suitcase

Was she incapacitated/overtaken and then removed with her bed sheets? Then later, came to and forced to take money from an ATM?

I thought she was last seen on an ATM security camera at 2a.m? But then it says "last seen January 29 at about 9a.m".

Who Is Valerie Reyes? New Details About The Woman Whose Body Was Found Stuffed Into A Suitcase

Was she incapacitated/overtaken and then removed with her bed sheets? Then later, came to and forced to take money from an ATM?
So confusing. That is why I wonder if it has been truly verified that it was actually her seen at the bank. Put a big coat and hat on, and it could have been any petite Hispanic woman. My gut says it wasn’t her. And spotted in various areas of Manhattan in the same timeframe? Fishy. Feels like a lot of intentional disinformation was put out.

Is there a video released of her last seen at ATM or at train station? Thanks in advance.
Not that anyone has seen. Only what her “friends” have reported as well as the family’s “PI”. I am not sure the family could afford a PI since they are raising $20,000 to cover her funeral.

Not that anyone has seen. Only what her “friends” have reported as well as the family’s “PI”. I am not sure the family could afford a PI since they are raising $20,000 to cover her funeral.
Well that’s strange usually in missing persons cases video of last place seen is usually given to the public.

So confusing. That is why I wonder if it has been truly verified that it was actually her seen at the bank. Put a big coat and hat on, and it could have been any petite Hispanic woman. My gut says it wasn’t her. And spotted in various areas of Manhattan in the same timeframe? Fishy. Feels like a lot of intentional disinformation was put out.

Sounds like it might be legit though? It sort of implies that her own mom verified it.

"Detectives in New Rochelle, working on her disappearance, showed her mother a photo from surveillance video of a woman in a Chase Bank branch near Radio City Music Hall at 6:30 am on Jan 30, Sanchez said. The woman was Reyes."

She feared for her life. Then her body was found in a suitcase

In this article, it says 6:30 a.m. Not 2a.m. Also January 30th, not January 29th at 9a.m.

Which one is correct?

Sounds like it might be legit though? It sort of implies that her own mom verified it.

"Detectives in New Rochelle, working on her disappearance, showed her mother a photo from surveillance video of a woman in a Chase Bank branch near Radio City Music Hall at 6:30 am on Jan 30, Sanchez said. The woman was Reyes."

She feared for her life. Then her body was found in a suitcase
Hmmm. See, the news keeps changing. At first, it was reported that the family’s PI presented the photo. Very difficult to keep track here indeed.

Too bad she didn’t go more into detail when talking to her Mother about feeling in danger.

That is also very bothersome to me. I thought the mother may have been covering something up when I saw her first interview. It’s a horrible thing to say, but something didn’t sit right. The perp could have also been manipulating the mother to keep control of the narrative being presented to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back