GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

New Details Revealed As Police Search Apartment For Clues Into New Rochelle Woman’s Death

NEW ROCHELLE (CBSNewYork) – Family, friends, and neighbors in New Rochelle are remembering a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in Connecticut.

Meanwhile, police have returned to her home in search of evidence in the killing.

The New Rochelle apartment belonging to 24-year-old Valerie Reyes appeared to be a crime scene Friday. Police in protective white suits spent several hours gathering evidence and bringing it out in paper bags.

SNIP

Police have not named any suspects and no information on how Reyes was killed has been released. Despite the tragic circumstances, the community is rallying around her family.

“There’s

9472084-6678669-Glenville_Road_runs_through_a_quiet_and_somewhat_isolated_area_o-a-3_1549557194424.jpg

Glenville Road runs through a quiet and somewhat isolated area of Glenville, a wealthy suburb of Greenwich with a population of just over 2,200 people
Valerie Reyes' mother recalls the last conversation she had with her before she disappeared | Daily Mail Online
rbbm.
She feared for her life. Then Valerie Reyes’ body was found in a suitcase
"She was going on about how frightened she was in that apartment," her mother, Norma Sanchez, said Thursday. "She was hearing about all these murders of women. 'I just can't get it out of my head.'"

There was no one in particular threatening her, Reyes said, but she could not shake her fear. She told her mother: "I feel like somebody's going to murder me."

"On Monday, after her frightened call to her mother, she promised to calm down and said good night with a text message, saying she had gotten something to eat.

"She said, 'I'm feeling better, Momma,'" Sanchez said."
After she did not report to work on Tuesday morning, Jan. 29, a friend on Twitter said she had last been seen near the Greenwich train station. She did not respond to text messages, and calls to her cellphone went directly to voice mail, suggesting it was turned off, her mother said."
"Reyes did not look for trouble, her mother said.

"She was not a club-type of person at all," Sanchez said. "She just ended up in evil hands."

Last edited:
Looking at what we do know as far as facts.. Home was Port Chester and she was found in Greenwich. She was found in a suitcase and dumped off the side of a road only 10 minutes away from her home.

Nobody noticed anything?

My thoughts... the killer didn’t look out of place because he probably knew her.

Looking at what we do know as far as facts.. Home was Port Chester and she was found in Greenwich. She was found in a suitcase and dumped off the side of a road only 10 minutes away from her home.

Nobody noticed anything?

My thoughts... the killer didn’t look out of place because he probably knew her.
She did not live in Port Chester. She lived in New Rochelle.

Nobody noticed anything?

She lived in new Rochelle. News12WC on Twitter

"According to multiple reports, Reyes was last seen at or around the New Rochelle train station the morning of January 29. Two days later, according to the Lohud.com report, Reyes’ family hired a private investigator, and at some point saw photos of Reyes taken in Manhattan, her mother said, where someone — possibly Reyes herself — had also used the young woman’s bank card." Connecticut murder victim Valerie Reyes feared for her life the day before she disappeared; broke up with boyfriend the week before

New Details Revealed As Police Search Apartment For Clues Into New Rochelle Woman’s Death

NEW ROCHELLE (CBSNewYork) – Family, friends, and neighbors in New Rochelle are remembering a woman whose body was found in a suitcase in Connecticut.

Meanwhile, police have returned to her home in search of evidence in the killing.

The New Rochelle apartment belonging to 24-year-old Valerie Reyes appeared to be a crime scene Friday. Police in protective white suits spent several hours gathering evidence and bringing it out in paper bags.

SNIP

Police have not named any suspects and no information on how Reyes was killed has been released. Despite the tragic circumstances, the community is rallying around her family.

“There’s

The same article also states "Neighbors say Reyes was recently seen arguing with a boyfriend, but again no suspects have been named in the ongoing investigation."

Her apartment is now a crime scene. That now implies the place of death. And now out of Greenwich jurisdiction. They have a ton of evidence. Starting to feel good about this coming to a close if they proceed meticulously to prosecute.

**Note: this would discredit the account of her being seen in Manhattan.**

Last edited:
Her best friend was a male. He last saw her on 1/30 at 11:30pm. What if the ex was near or at her home and saw her with the male friend and snapped due to the breakup and jealousy over her long term male confidant?

Thoughts?

Thinking about anxiety, arguing and breakups...
Do they have ob/gyn doctors at this building? speculation, imo.
"They tweeted that her last known location was at Gouverneur Medical Center in Manhattan."
Sorry. I am new here and just replied to my own post. There are indeed ob/gyn offices in the facility. Such a great observation. Did she want to terminate or was she planning to have a child. How horrific if this comes into play. That would also explain why she expressed fear to her mother without providing details. Thank you.

I'll need your help on this but wasn't there a case some years ago of an MS-13 gang member's ex-girlfriend and her friends killing and dismembering young woman who had recently started dating the gang member? For whatever reason I faintly recall something similar like an initiation or something.

Either way, could something similar have happened here? Didn't she just start a new relationship, or end one or both?

I'll need your help on this but wasn't there a case some years ago of an MS-13 gang member's ex-girlfriend and her friends killing and dismembering young woman who had recently started dating the gang member? For whatever reason I faintly recall something similar like an initiation or something.

Either way, could something similar have happened here? Didn't she just start a new relationship, or end one or both?

She ended a relationship. And the area in which she lived is riddled with gang activity. I am not involved in this case but to me, this feels very personal. There are at least 8 major gangs active in the area. MS-13 is one of them. I don’t know that this is gang related though. Gut feeling is that it is not.

Her apartment is now a crime scene. That now implies the place of death. And now out of Greenwich jurisdiction. They have a ton of evidence. Starting to feel good about this coming to a close if they proceed meticulously to prosecute.

**Note: this would discredit the account of her being seen in Manhattan.**

If she was in fact seen on video footage at a Chase bank ATM in Manhattan than, I would guess not place of death, but perhaps possible place of abduction. Evidence gathered in her apartment I'm sure will be anything & everything: fingerprints, DNA, computer, bank statements/account info, phone carrier bills/statements, food on plates or in garbage to compare with food in stomach from autopsy (to place possible time of death) etc. The case, I believe is still under Greenwich jurisdiction as that is where her body was discovered. However, New Rochelle Police are involved. I'm sure the FBI is involved also as her body was found & (presumably transported) across state lines.

If she was in fact seen on video footage at a Chase bank ATM in Manhattan than, I would guess not place of death, but perhaps possible place of abduction. Evidence gathered in her apartment I'm sure will be anything & everything: fingerprints, DNA, computer, bank statements/account info, phone carrier bills/statements, food on plates or in garbage to compare with food in stomach from autopsy (to place possible time of death) etc. The case, I believe is still under Greenwich jurisdiction as that is where her body was discovered. However, New Rochelle Police are involved. I'm sure the FBI is involved also as her body was found & (presumably transported) across state lines.
I pray the FBI is involved. They will nail the case.

Another theory...what if she and the ex got into a heated argument and he shoved her (large head gash explained). He then panicked and wrapped her in the bedding and took her electronic devices (maybe dumping them in NY or elsewhere). Then drove up the Hutch and carelessly disposed of her after tying her hands and feet to make it appear a career criminal committed the murder. IDK. Grasping at straws here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back