GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

You may very well be correct. If there really is a video I’d be interested to see what she had with her for example a red suitcase.
Yup. I don’t believe she packed up and left in the middle of the night or even early morning as has also been reported. She had a large family and many lived locally. I believe the perp packed her up with her belongings to make her look like an unstable woman who ran away.

*Packed up her corpse, that is.

So I'm never sure on things like this but there's a tweet from her friend mentioned in this article. When you go directly to her tweet and read the other ones there's mention of a hospital. Can we discuss this or can I link it? It might shed some light on mental health just like her anxiety and depression was mentioned in other articles.

Friend’s Foreboding Tweet about Missing Woman: “It’s a Crazy World”

Why the heck would the murderer throw a bright red suitcase into a scarcely wooded area where it was easily found? Makes no sense. It was as if they just panicked and drove 20 minutes dumped suitcase and drove back. Not very smart. Wonder if there are any cameras on those roads into CT.

Why the heck would the murderer throw a bright red suitcase into a scarcely wooded area where it was easily found? Makes no sense. It was as if they just panicked and drove 20 minutes dumped suitcase and drove back. Not very smart. Wonder if there are any cameras on those roads into CT.
There are traffic cameras. Not sure about the disposal location. It is private property, but old CT family property that is undeveloped.

So confusing. That is why I wonder if it has been truly verified that it was actually her seen at the bank. Put a big coat and hat on, and it could have been any petite Hispanic woman. My gut says it wasn’t her. And spotted in various areas of Manhattan in the same timeframe? Fishy. Feels like a lot of intentional disinformation was put out.

BBM

This is my hunch as well. Too many conflicting reports IMO. What time was she last seen, who first found the ATM lead, where was she last seen- the bank or the medical center?, etc.

Perhaps LE would be intentially allowing the story she was alive for a couple of days after she disappeared to get legs. Maybe they are doing it to get a suspect to let down their guard.

Because I still can’t make sense of any scenario where she was terrified, left with her sheets, was hanging out for a few days with no contact with her mom/friends, and then turns up murdered in a suitcase.

Why do you think so?

Edit: ACK, I didn't quote correctly. This question was for Kate B about why the so-called boyfriend is screwed.

Why do you think so?

Edit: ACK, I didn't quote correctly. This question was for Kate B about why the so-called boyfriend is screwed.

He just directly contradicted every statement he previously made about his actions, his location, Valerie’s location, the state of their relationship, his communication with her family, and the fact he just placed himself at her home on January 29. He is either exhausted and panicked. Or he is a sociopath who feels superior to everyone as he just completely blew ALL of his previous alibis.

He just directly contradicted every statement he previously made about his actions, his location, Valerie’s location, the state of their relationship, his communication with her family, and the fact he just placed himself at her home on January 29. He is either exhausted and panicked. Or he is a sociopath who feels superior to everyone as he just completely blew ALL of his previous alibis.

Thank you! I just started reading about this case tonight so I'm not up to speed on his previous statements.

I completely agree. I feel like from what little info has trickled out through articles, this particular one was pretty huge in
I completely agree. I feel like from what little info has trickled out through articles, this particular one was pretty huge in my mind.

Showing all the inconsistencies. Smells like he may be in custody very soon if not already.

There are a lot of conflicting details. Your head will soon a bit reading through, but still valuable information.

The CrimeOnline article says this:

"The boyfriend said he was upset by the media attention that cast suspicion on him “because I just want to be able to mourn and grieve the loss of Valerie with her family and friends.” He added that he had been in regular communication with the New Rochelle Police Department and was fully cooperating with the investigation."

Can anyone point me to the media attention he's referring to?

I've been googling like mad and I can't find his previous statements. Not directed at you, Kate B, but can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

The CrimeOnline article says this:

"The boyfriend said he was upset by the media attention that cast suspicion on him “because I just want to be able to mourn and grieve the loss of Valerie with her family and friends.” He added that he had been in regular communication with the New Rochelle Police Department and was fully cooperating with the investigation."

Can anyone point me to the media attention he's referring to?
Probably the Twitter backlash. He deleted a lot of negative comments directed towards him, but he received messages essentially calling him guilty.

I do not see the contradiction?

Who saw the bank video? Why would a PI say it was her? If it looked like her, and her card was used...maybe it was?

Also...is the mainstream media? If not it can’t be posted until picked up elsewhere...jmo

Some people are pointing towards the boyfriend. I just did a quick sweep of his Twitter and read the article: ‘Valerie never went to Manhattan’: Man claiming to be murdered woman’s boyfriend says it was ‘bizarre’ for her to be out of contact with family; denies reports of loud arguments.

He suggests that they never go to Manhattan, it doesnt mean that she wasnt there. I was also wondering why her cousin could post this on 30/01/2019 a day after she went missing and why there is no other mention that I can find about being near or at the hospital: jorge reyes on Twitter

For me, the BF is not the type, yes hard to tell from twitter posts, but if there were no prior hearing from neighbours of arguements it seems more likely that when Valerie explaining her situation, could have been getting frantic and paranoid. I think a women of her aptitude, ie personality type, friendly, working a stable job at a book store, my have had an actual stalker, and for what ever reason felt unsafe at home. It has been known before for people to leave home in a frantic state and not know what to do with themself, She possibly caught the train down town. The CCTV spoken about at the New Rochelle train station, said she only had a small bag on 29/01/2019 when she didnt turn up for work, no extra clothes, or bed sheets. Early hours of Wednesday 2am at an ATM in the city. I believe after calming down she most probably went back home. This is when something posibly happened. 30/01/2019.

So my main question is where the cousin got this information from so quickly? Do police investigate this rigorously the day a person is reported missing? How did he know she was at the hospital?

People sight mental illness, but tell me any 20 something year old today who doesnt suffer depression or anxiety? She seemed smart enough to know when to be genuinely concerned of her safety. Just a shame she didnt reach out more and took it on herself. It a bizarre one. Also to drop her body on the first turn off, and loop road back to New York, in the Connecticut jurisdiction shows a thoughtful process of an intelligent killer, not a crime of passion but something a little more sinister.

[Ps please dont tear me apart, this is my first post on websleuths, I felt something last night about this case and completely drew me in to investigate. be gentle please]

I do not see the contradiction?

Who saw the bank video? Why would a PI say it was her? If it looked like her, and her card was used...maybe it was?

Also...is the mainstream media? If not it can’t be posted until picked up elsewhere...jmo

Yes, this is all from news sources. Every link I've clicked & posted has been from MSM that I also found via Google news. Minus the comments referring to posts found on FB and other personal social media.

Law enforcement showed a photo from ATM surveillance footage to Valeries' mother and her mother confirmed that it was in fact, Miss Reyes. Apparently there are 2 separate videos/images of Valerie using an ATM. Also apparently sightings of her at a train station as well as a hospital.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back