Found Deceased NY- Victor “Devon” Scott, 24, last seen by family, LAFAYETTE, 8 Feb. 2024, *ACTIVE SEARCH*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is from late yesterday 2/16/24
Along with the Sheriff’s Office, friends, family, and many Southern Hills of Onondaga County residents, the searches have resulted in negative results. They also used Air One and drones to search and examine many areas and these searches also came up negative.
OCSO CID detectives believe Scott isn’t a harm to himself or others and believe he doesn’t have known enemies who wish harm upon him. CID believes that Scott hasn’t been harmed or in harm’s way, and no evidence suggests he is under duress.
So it’s possible he just took off to be alone? Or to worry people?

So it’s possible he just took off to be alone? Or to worry people?
Honestly I don't know what that update means. I'd like to know, but it's none of my business, if he left on foot. He could have been struck by a car for all anyone knows. I do trust that LE has a good grasp on the activities that day so I just hope DS is safe somewhere and will reach out to loved ones very soon.

This is from late yesterday 2/16/24
Along with the Sheriff’s Office, friends, family, and many Southern Hills of Onondaga County residents, the searches have resulted in negative results. They also used Air One and drones to search and examine many areas and these searches also came up negative.
OCSO CID detectives believe Scott isn’t a harm to himself or others and believe he doesn’t have known enemies who wish harm upon him. CID believes that Scott hasn’t been harmed or in harm’s way, and no evidence suggests he is under duress.
Thanks for that update. So very strange…

Thank you, from link..
Feb 16, 2024
''Victor “Devon” Scott, 24 was last seen by a family member between 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m. Feb. 8. He was last seen walking south on North Road in Tully''.
Thanks for the video link. Looks like he's carrying a small briefcase or laptop bag of some sort?

Here's a Google Maps street view of that location. Not a great road to walk on in the sense that there isn't a wide shoulder and there are some curves, probably is a 55mph speed limit as well.

''In the video taken from a Tully school bus, Victor Scott is seen walking on North Road in Tully on the afternoon of the 8th shortly before 2 p.m. You can see Mr. Scott at the 17-second mark, walking on the same side of the road as the school bus. Investigators believe the 24-year-old isn’t a harm to himself or others and also believe he doesn’t have known enemies who wish harm upon him. There is also no evidence to suggest that he is under any duress. Using Air One and drones, the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office has searched many areas with negative results.''

Last edited:
''In the video taken from a Tully school bus, Victor Scott is seen walking on North Road in Tully on the afternoon of the 8th shortly before 2 p.m. You can see Mr. Scott at the 17-second mark, walking on the same side of the road as the school bus. Investigators believe the 24-year-old isn’t a harm to himself or others and also believe he doesn’t have known enemies who wish harm upon him. There is also no evidence to suggest that he is under any duress. Using Air One and drones, the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office has searched many areas with negative results.''
I'm not sure what options remain if various articles claim (summarized by me here):

"he isn’t a harm to himself or others, doesn’t have known enemies, nothing suggests he's under any duress and that Scott hasn’t been harmed or is in harm’s way"

Wish we knew if he routinely took walks on that road, just to get some fresh air or exercise, or if he was headed somewhere in particular. It's very rural, homes are spaced apart, lots of empty acreage (fields, woods, underbrush), and the town of Tully is considerably further south by a few miles, so I can't imagine he was walking into town. If someone accidentally hit him, surely they would have found him by now? Did his phone ping in that area at all? I know initial reports said calls go right to voicemail so I assume that was early on, but have they obtained any pings? That part seems suspicious to me because I would think most people keep their phones charged, in general. What's the chance that someone would disappear and the phone would be disabled/off/battery dead?

This one's interesting, the bus footage... feel like i've seen it before.

Gonna need to map this one out in the morning. leaving comment to remember.

1390 County Rd 111
has a ring camera mounted on their back door, if he walked that far it may have picked him up. Im following his path, or what makes sense, to see how many along there have some kind of visible camera, and will probably forward that all to LE, although i have to assume they've done that due diligence already. Ring has a 30 day window before they disappear, i'm pretty sure.

Found deceased :(

February 26, 2024

Tully, N.Y. — A LaFayette man missing for three weeks was found dead Monday in a wooded area in Tully, deputies said.

Found deceased :(

February 26, 2024

Tully, N.Y. — A LaFayette man missing for three weeks was found dead Monday in a wooded area in Tully, deputies said.

That's awful! His life was just beginning to open up. May his loved ones eventually find peace. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EveryWednesday
Back