GUILTY NY - Vincent Viafore, 46, Newburgh, 19 April 2015 - #2

Nina Schutzman‏Verified account @PoJoNSchutzman 3m3 minutes ago

Half the courtroom clears out after animal abuse case is handled.

Graswald sentencing up now.

Court officers go to get Graswald

While court officers getting Graswald, defense attorney Portale asks to briefly approach bench

Graswald is here

Laura Rice, Viafore's sister, stands up to read victim impact statement

Rice: On April 19, 2015 my brother Vinny died a very tragic death and the lives of all who loved him will never be the same.

Rice: When I think of my brother’s last moments alive, I think of the pain he must have endured and I visualize him trying to survive hypothermia in the freezing cold river...

Rice: ...confused and not understanding why the woman who said she loved him and wanted to marry him did nothing to help him.

Graswald looking downward as Rice reads victim impact statement

DOHvwEoWsAArz-f.jpg

Nina Schutzman‏Verified account @PoJoNSchutzman 1m1 minute ago

Rice finishes; Portale does not want to add anything, Graswald does not want to add anything (They all have right to speak prior to sentencing)

Judge says he got a lot of letters about Vincent Viafore, what a good person he was.

Judge mentions narcissism re. Graswald; says she took no steps to try to help Viafore when he was in the water. "It shows you were the kind of person, you certainly have a lack of understanding about others' feelings."

Judge says Graswald could have left Viafore if she wanted out

Nina Schutzman‏Verified account @PoJoNSchutzman 2m2 minutes ago

In exchange for criminally negligent homicide plea, Graswald is sentenced to 1⅓ to 4 years in state prison, the maximum allowed Wednesday.

Portale argues with judge about a $5k fee imposed upon Graswald

Graswald is led out of court room.

Court is over. Graswald has been sentenced.

Guess we'll have to wait for an article to come out and "see" when she does get out - like in December?

In exchange for criminally negligent homicide plea, Graswald is sentenced to 1⅓ to 4 years in state prison, the maximum allowed Wednesday.

Portale argues with judge about a $5k fee imposed upon Graswald

Graswald is led out of court room.

Court is over. Graswald has been sentenced.

Guess we'll have to wait for an article to come out and "see" when she does get out - like in December?

Did the judge mention the deportation issue??

Thanks for the updates, btw.

Did the judge mention the deportation issue??

Thanks for the updates, btw.

Not as far as the tweets said! That's why I mentioned we will probably have to wait for an article to get the "whole" thing, I guess! :dunno: I'm going to listen to the defense attorney I just posted. Maybe he says something. I don't belong to twitter, otherwise I would have asked this Nina! :D

well - there is no video on the attorney speaking - ??

A lot of questions about possible deportation for Graswald, so directing everyone to section of my article that addresses it

DOH6qQHV4AAo4xg.jpg

A lot of questions about possible deportation for Graswald, so directing everyone to section of my article that addresses it

DOH6qQHV4AAo4xg.jpg

So it sounds like there will be another case that will be in Federal court about deportation? That makes sense that it is a Federal decision.

I'm curious if she will fight the deportation or willingly accept it?

jmopinion

Here's her article:

Angelika Graswald sentenced to up to 4 years in prison, out soon with time served

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...aswald-sentenced-up-4-years-prison/843818001/

Her defense attorney Richard Portale said Graswald is expected to be paroled by late December. She's been in Orange County Jail since her April 30, 2015 arrest and the time she's served so far will count toward her time in state prison.

I have found this a strange case. Not sure what to think...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disappointed the felon did not get more time. I would like to see her deported right away. Thanks for all the reporting and comments everyone.

Viafore family suing Angelika Graswald for wrongful death
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...g-angelika-graswald-wrongful-death/848164001/

....civil court.

Vincent Viafore's sister filed a wrongful death complaint against Angelika Graswald in State Supreme Court in Dutchess County on Oct. 27.
[.....]
A native of Latvia and a U.S. permanent resident, Graswald may face deportation after her 16 months on parole are up. That decision would be up to a federal judge, prosecutors said.

Guessing we won't know IF she gets deported until late December. We don't want her back! :D

DOC: Graswald to be released from prison this week

http://www.spectrumlocalnews.com/ny.../12/20/graswald-released-from-prison-thursday

The woman who pleaded guilty in the death of her fiance while kayaking in the Hudson River will be out of prison this week.

The state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision says Angelika Graswald will be released Thursday.
[.....]
Graswald will be under post-release supervision in Dutchess County.

No mention of being deported back to here (Latvia).... we really don't want her! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back